Freakin' PayPal!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading all these problems makes me worry about my account. What the hell is wrong with them? Is every other transaction "suspicious"??? I don't get what makes them do this. They are costing themselves money in the long run and costing themselves customers obviously.

I really wonder what makes them flag something as suspicious? Mybe they just draw account numbers out of a hat. That's what it sounds like the do. Look at how many people on just this board have had problems with this? Unreal.

KitFisto said:
Reading all these problems makes me worry about my account. What the hell is wrong with them? Is every other transaction "suspicious"??? I don't get what makes them do this. They are costing themselves money in the long run and costing themselves customers obviously.

I really wonder what makes them flag something as suspicious? Mybe they just draw account numbers out of a hat. That's what it sounds like the do. Look at how many people on just this board have had problems with this? Unreal.

I highly doubt the whole "suspicious" thing is the real reason they do this. I think they just want to stop people from using paypal and avoiding Ebay fees.

nash said:
I highly doubt the whole "suspicious" thing is the real reason they do this. I think they just want to stop people from using paypal and avoiding Ebay fees.

Don't use ebay get punished and they'll take more than the fees.:emperor
I believe this as well(crooks plain and simple)

nash said:

That may be the case, but PayPal is not an eBay-only service. If that was the case, then they should announce it as such. When you send or request money, THEY have the option of goods (non-auction) or service. It doesn't have to be for an auction.

Bottom line is - sue them. You did nothing in violation of their terms of service, and they have frozen/terminated your account for *****s and giggles.

Hopefully the class-action suit comes through .. They can't be allowed to operate in this manner.

I still get fees when i sell on ebay but bidpay at least gets some of the $$$/fees now and not paypal.(I bet paypal just looooves that!:rolleyes: )

:D

ZombieReign said:
That may be the case, but PayPal is not an eBay-only service. If that was the case, then they should announce it as such. When you send or request money, THEY have the option of goods (non-auction) or service. It doesn't have to be for an auction.

Of course it's not an Ebay only service. Why market to only a specific group of customers when you can have a broad customer base with more people to screw over?

nash said:
Of course it's not an Ebay only service. Why market to only a specific group of customers when you can have a broad customer base with more people to screw over?

Amen to that ... I hope they don't pull this crap with me, or else I will be calling my lawyer.

Well, I've decided that I will be using Google Checkout from now on.

And, I'm suing Paypal's ass.

$10,000 sounds appropriate. My funds ($531.77), bank fees (now $400+), time, legal fees and punitive damages for their evil ways. :devil

Last edited:
IrishJedi said:
Well, I've decided that I will be using Google Checkout from now on.

And, I'm suing Paypal's ass.

$10,000 sounds appropriate. My funds ($531.77), bank fees (now $400+), time, legal fees and punitive damages for their evil ways. :devil

:rock :rock :rock

Since Payal is technically a money holding and transfer company, I just took the first step by filing a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

nash said:

well eBay bought out and now owns Paypal, so the fees from both now go to the same source.

Wow Irish, I am just reading this for the first time! :horror

Best of luck man, win one for us "little guys."

:emperor

Mookeylama said:
well eBay bought out and now owns Paypal, so the fees from both now go to the same source.

i thought so too! i just wasnt 100% sure. but that was why i posted what i did about paypal screwing over people who use it without paying ebay fees.

MAN This sucks, I just read this. This is why I ALWAYS take my money out of paypal almost right away (unless I have plans for it within the week.) A friend of my families has an online business and uses paypal and advised that I don't keep money in there for more than a week, or at all if possible, due to the fact that they CAN F' you like this if something "weird" happens.

This blows man, I hope you get your money back and then some. All this for trying to help people too.

If you have a bank account connected to paypal you should keep that empty too. They WILL take money from it if someone does a chargeback on you.

Darklord Dave said:
If you have a bank account connected to paypal you should keep that empty too. They WILL take money from it if someone does a chargeback on you.
Paypal has never taken money from my bank acount. I have had negative balances in my Paypal account, but they have never taken money from my bank account.

Back