Freakin' PayPal!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am so #$!@% pissed off right now. :mad:

Get a load of this crap...

As some of you know, I sold a few extra "Star Wars" art prints (at cost) to fellow Freaks here. There were a total of 5 transactions, from between $60-200 a piece, all of which were paid through Paypal. I shipped all of prints via UPS at my local UPS Store 2 1/2 weeks ago (UPS lost Nash's package, but that's another story :banghead). Anyway, 2 days later I log in to my Paypal account to find that I have "Limited Access due to potentially risky transactions". Hmm... so I click the link from my Login page and it takes me to a whole checklist of crap I have to provide them with: faxed picture ID, proof of residency, my first born, etc. Even though I was annoyed, I complied... because, well, you kinda need Paypal in this day and age of online trading, eBay, etc. Plus, I have a balance in my account of $531.77. So, I do EVERYTHING asked of me and wait. And wait. And wait. Then a few days later I get ANOTHER email requesting even MORE information. This one asked me for "proof of inventory" and the contact names of my "suppliers". In this follow-up fax I explained that 1) I am not a business, but an individual, and 2) I not have "suppliers" nor an "inventory" as these were all one-off art prints I sold from leftover convention purchases. I even faxed them my receipts from Celebration IV as well as the original UPS shipping receipt, tracking #s, etc.

So I wait several more days. Nothing. I make about 10 different phone calls to their Customer "Service" trying to get some kinda of status and ETA. I get the runaround.

Then today I get another email telling me this:

Every business must balance its exposure to risk with its business goals.
At this time, we are not comfortable with the amount of risk your business
exposes itself to.

We would like to begin the process of ending our relationship in a manner
that is least disruptive to your business.

Please log in to your PayPal account and fill out the Limited Account
Access form to let us know what to do with the funds remaining in your
PayPal account.

- Click "Contact Us" and then "Contact PayPal Customer Service"
- Choose the topic "Limited Account Access," click "Continue," and write
your instructions in the message box.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement Options
-----------------------------------

1. Your remaining account balance can be used to provide refunds to your
buyers (if applicable).

If you choose to provide refunds to your buyers, please provide a list of
transaction IDs for the buyers that you would like to refund.

OR

2. Your remaining funds will be held in your PayPal account for 180 days
from the date your account was limited. After 180 days, you will be
notified via email about how to receive your remaining funds.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and regret any
inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

WTF?!?!?! So, not only are they basically closing my account (for NO GOOD REASON) they're telling me I can't even get the $531.77 I have in there for HALF A FREAKIN' YEAR?!?!??!?

This is an effin' outrage, man. I never once was called or contacted by a Paypal rep to discuss this matter. It was all automated email and fax garbage. And not only am I out over 500 dollars, I now can't use Paypal for anything: I can't send or accept payments. Which basically means I'm screwed buying stuff on eBay as well as trying to sell anything.

I replied with a scathing email (and fax) and also called. The customer service rep basically told me I am SOL and that there is no appeal process and that this is a "final decision".

I'm just beside myself with this $!#@!$ situation. I mean, my account history was STELLAR. I did have one claim/dispute, which I filed against a fraudulent eBay seller, but that was it. I also have an eBay Feedback rating of 100% and have for over 8 years.

This is just baffling and ridiculous and I apparently have no recourse, making it even that much more frustrating.

Has anyone else even heard of this kinda B.S. happening before??? :confused:

*****K PAYPAL!!!! This is unacceptable! :mad:

Man that sucks. PP dicked me around a few years back when some guy tried to rip me off of a MJ rookie card I bought off ebay.

Happened to me a few years ago hence why i now go with bidpay.
they're crooks and *******s.
good luck they're a pain in the ass.

outrage isn't even the word don't get me started

That sucks Irish...:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

They just did this to me last month!! It was closed due to "suspicious activity" and I had to jump through hoops for a week or so, really making me twitchy in the process.... only to finally snap and call CS. They were pretty cool with me at that point, once I explained my situation... They opened my account again and that was that... but man did that suck.

I hope they don't pull this crap on me again, that would cripple my business....

Seth Gecko said:
Happened to me a few years ago hence why i now go with bidpay.

But don't you HAVE to have an eBay auction to accept payments through Bidpay??

Also, since so many people only accept online payments through Paypal (because the MFers have a near freakin' monopoly) this a HUGE problem for me when it comes to buying and paying for things online and on eBay. :mad:

Carl, this crap happend before to DarthXXX over on RS. Never found out what the end result of it was because well you know...

But dude Paypal has been pulling this crap for awhile now, to people who use paypal and not through Ebay transactions. I have NO IDEA why, but I would be f'n outraged as well!!

This is one reason why, (and thank you to jessieawilson's advice) that I NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER, Keep any money in my Paypal account. As soon as I get a payment, BOOM that money is transfered to my bank account. that way paypal has less of a chance to get me.

Bro, what a crappy situation, and this kind of crap just solidifies that Ebay/Paypal is nothing more than organized crime under the facade of an online business. :monkey4

This is every traders worse nightmare Irish... Hope it gets resolved soon-as in-ASAP!!!!!!

IrishJedi said:
But don't you HAVE to have an eBay auction to accept payments through Bidpay??

Yes. otherwise it's money orders. And thats how i gotta roll now it sucks not a lot of people wanna take the time for it.(but it's a lot better than getting those emails)

Oh, and the best part is since I was expecting to be able to transfer at least $400 into my checking account (from my Paypal balance that is now essentially being held hostage) I've been hit with $140 in Overdraft fees by my bank with the possibility for more before Friday. :mad:

This is just an immense cluser*****k.

nash said:
This is one reason why, (and thank you to jessieawilson's advice) that I NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER, Keep any money in my Paypal account. As soon as I get a payment, BOOM that money is transfered to my bank account. that way paypal has less of a chance to get me.

Same here... it's in and out of there FAST... don't like it sitting there, just in case.

yep even if it's just 10 bucks, i transfer that asap. I somehow have a feeling that Paypal targets accounts that is holding a large balance of money instead of just frequency of use.

IrishJedi said:
Oh, and the best part is since I was expecting to be able to transfer at least $400 into my checking account (from my Paypal balance that is now essentially being held hostage) I've been hit with $140 in Overdraft fees by my bank with the possibility for more before Friday. :mad:

****ers!!! same thing here back then..
Just promise yourself when it's all over(i know thats hard to see now..that you're done with them forever)

theres lot of horror stories like this on, paypalsucks.com

I remember someone saying they're enron in the making. BTW, they've lost people's identies before, talking CC numbers.

nash said:
yep even if it's just 10 bucks, i transfer that asap. I somehow have a feeling that Paypal targets accounts that is holding a large balance of money instead of just frequency of use.

Here's the thing, though. The day before they limited access to my account (which was 6/8, I believe) I transfered most of the balance to my Checking account. But the *****kers REVERSED the transfer when they limited the account! :mad:

IrishJedi said:
Here's the thing, though. The day before they limited access to my account (which was 6/8, I believe) I transfered most of the balance to my Checking account. But the *****kers REVERSED the transfer when they limited the account! :mad:

ah for reals? yeah it takes about 4 days to "process". what a bunch of crooks!

What risk do they have? They say the any sale that is not a ebay auction if its not delivered and there no funds in the acct the buyer is SOL. I have had it happen to me they said yes your in the right but he has no funds in the acct so we cant do anything.

Do they have any policy on their site about this and when the inact this? If not I would contact them tell them give me my money or I filing a suit to recover this money fees that I was charged by my bank and lawyer fees.

daayum! this sucks Irish. did someone file a complaint on u? just wondering what it was that got Paypal looking at u in the first place.

Back