Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All kidding aside, there are deals to be had. If you can, walk the entire dealer room floor before making a purchase and make note of which dealers have the item you want. If it's a rare item you just have to have and don't mind paying a mark-up, go ahead and buy it right there on the spot. But if you do, don't be disappointed if you happen upon it for 20% less 3 aisles down.

In my experience you'll occasionally find a target of opportunity in the dealer room. You may very well find something you want to buy, but it won't be anything you expected.

Yes I would be exactly the same :lol also exactly the reason why I want this now but I can't quite justify paying the $300+ ebay prices without at least attempting to put some effort in finding my own. BTW any chance that some of these eBay listings of finished Graflex sabers are actually just good replicas and not even Graflex. What should I look out for

Well I don't know exactly what to look for to verify that its a true graflex but if I were you i would look for just the graflex gun and then you could finish it. but those too can be reproduced. maybe just make sure the company seal is at the end of it and on the ring around the middle.

A guy I know has one that he converted, not as good shape as mine but he used a bunch of superglue to hold in the prod that stick out were the blade would ignite from and other parts of it to hold it in place. I felt like smacking him over the head.

I was in my home town yesterday for the day and decided to stop at the place I found mine to see if they had another so that I could help someone on the boards out, but they didn't. They had other graflex flash guns but they look more like the vader one. but i'm not sure.

Having the anakin FX, I have decided to save up and get another with the $30 Gift Card I still have with hastings. I just can't decide between Vaders or Obi Wan ROTS saber. I know the least accurate would be obi but I really like it. But at the same time Vaders is freaking cool. oooohhh what to do?

Recommendations?

BTW the way ILM in those days made all the models and this lighsaber just knock me off my feet. Imagination to create something out of this world is one thing but re-purposing real world parts for their own vision is just so much more impressive

Ditto. I love the props from the OT, and not just the lightsabers--all the guns and binoculars and little tech gear on the belts, etc. I'll always love the Luke ANH/ESB hilt best because it's a little odd and asymmetrical with all the little buttons and things sticking out of it. I think that aesthetic helped mold me into liking that kind of "used" rough look that I dig in art. I think I probably like antiques and old architecture because of the SW look too.

This also reminds me how the PT also tried using everyday stuff as a basis for props, and didn't get it quite right! Like the Jedi communicator made from a very recognizable lady's razor! :lol

This also reminds me how the PT also tried using everyday stuff as a basis for props, and didn't get it quite right! Like the Jedi communicator made from a very recognizable lady's razor! :lol

Yeah, that cracks me up with the razor. My Ex wife used to have one and threw it out before I got around to figuring it out. Also, one day I was relieving my bladder of extra pressure and noticed that my outer shower curtain for my shower looked familiar, I put on AOTC on the field scene with padme and Anakin and I'll be damned, it is part of the material in Padme's dress. It was later confirmed when I bought dressing the galaxy and got a closer look. I saved it after replacing the curtain, just for the heck of it.

Yeah, that cracks me up with the razor. My Ex wife used to have one and threw it out before I got around to figuring it out. Also, one day I was relieving my bladder of extra pressure and noticed that my outer shower curtain for my shower looked familiar, I put on AOTC on the field scene with padme and Anakin and I'll be damned, it is part of the material in Padme's dress. It was later confirmed when I bought dressing the galaxy and got a closer look. I saved it after replacing the curtain, just for the heck of it.

This is to funny. We had a shower curtain that looked exactly like the material Padmes white cloak was made out of in AOTC. :lol

When the do EP4 Kenobi detachable blade i'll get it. (dunno if the end would be too thick though like Luke's)

i been looking for an obi ep1 fx for my nephews. hard to find those, hopefully hasbro will redo them.

CIMG4944.jpg

BTW have I mentioned what a bad influence you Freaks are on me????? :slap
I just won a Graflex 3 Cell :) Now would this be the best conversion kit?
https://cgi.ebay.com/LIGHTSABER-ANH...ltDomain_0&hash=item2c5b3b5030#ht_1116wt_1141

Mine is not perfect and has some oxidization but I assume these are solid metal and I should be able to use automotive metal polish to clean it?

i been looking for an obi ep1 fx for my nephews. hard to find those, hopefully hasbro will redo them.

The perfect time for it will next year with TPM being released in 3-D. I have a feeling you'll see the Obi and the Maul reissued and the reveals for the long awaited Qui-Gon.

I'm looking to buy a couple of these and was wondering if they all are capable of being displayed on the wall in a vertical position. Do they come with a hanger that allows this?

The perfect time for it will next year with TPM being released in 3-D. I have a feeling you'll see the Obi and the Maul reissued and the reveals for the long awaited Qui-Gon.

Good call dude. movie years are always over-saturated with product.

I'm looking to buy a couple of these and was wondering if they all are capable of being displayed on the wall in a vertical position. Do they come with a hanger that allows this?

as far as i know they are...but the vertical wall holders must be purchased via the secondary market. some of which are pricey for what it actually is.

Thanks, nash. Maybe I'll just make my own then.

Just got a brand new ROTJ Luke saber on ebay for $108 shipped. Hopefully that was a decent deal.

That's actually a really good deal, the Jedi version of Luke's saber has been one of the rarer releases. I've seen them sell for well over 200.00 before.

BTW have I mentioned what a bad influence you Freaks are on me????? :slap
I just won a Graflex 3 Cell :) Now would this be the best conversion kit?
https://cgi.ebay.com/LIGHTSABER-ANH...ltDomain_0&hash=item2c5b3b5030#ht_1116wt_1141

Mine is not perfect and has some oxidization but I assume these are solid metal and I should be able to use automotive metal polish to clean it?

Cool man, congrats on the Graflex!!

That kit for the convertion is similar to what I used, if not the same thing. I forgot, its been a while.

Yeah, mine had a bit of marks of oxidation, I forgot what I showed mine to a friend and he told me what type of metal it was and gave me something to clean it. I think if you take it to a home depot, lowes, or Salmon's they should be able to recommend something to clean it up that won't damage it(well I would think so)

Well the covertec style belt clip for the belt could probably be mounted and the saber could just hang upside down. i'm sure the belt clip with the OT style lightsabers. I like the some people have it with blade pointed up. I will probably start looking for a source for those stands or even look for some single pool sticks holders to set up mine. I think that would work.

Well the covertec style belt clip for the belt could probably be mounted and the saber could just hang upside down. i'm sure the belt clip with the OT style lightsabers. I like the some people have it with blade pointed up. I will probably start looking for a source for those stands or even look for some single pool sticks holders to set up mine. I think that would work.

Yeah, I want mine blade up so I guess I'll be making my own display stands for them. I've got a spot that would look perfect with one displayed horizontally too. Vader's will be my next purchase.

There's two FX versions of ep6 Luke i believe, one is a newer model of the ep6 version which one did you get? (the first release wasn't as good i believe)

Anyways these are fun and i'm really wanting the new detachable blade ones. Have not decided on a model yet.

Back