Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How am I wrong about the quality? I own both from MR and Hasbro. They are both made out of the same materials and from the SAME factory, with the same electronics. MR simply sold the FX line and royalties to Hasbro because they were bankrupt.

This very same info comes straight from past MR employees as well.

Sorry but you don't know everything about everything. I think you just like to think you do in your diluted world that you live in. :lol

Nash is correct.
I thought this was fact. Guess not everyone knows it. :dunno They're the SAME thing.

I think there might be some confusion here. The MR fx series sabers are the same as the hasbros BUT the MR LE sabers differ a lot in terms of quality.

Fx = hasbro

But MR LE > both

:D

Last edited:
Well I don't think anyone ever said that these fx were comparable to a MR limited edition so I don't even know why that came up, but opinions are opinions so here is a immature opinion from a semi-mature adult: in all due respect the MR LE are overpriced pieces of crap to my Graflex flash gun. At a 129.99 you are getting an FX saber not an LE If you are making that comparison than I don't know what to say other than don't get one cause you probably won't like it.

Last edited:
Graflex...... wow thats madness......That is so cool to be able to convert it to be a lightsaber!!! I wants!!!!!
The more I look at it. Is that how they actually made the original saber????
BTW I am pretty sure the original Lightsabers did not have the FCC and battery (yellow one you can see in the pic) labels on it ;)

Well I'm not sure if that's what they did 100% but to my knowledge it is. That's why it's priceless to my geeky self, the thought that i have the same thing hamill used makes me giggle like a little girl. And yeah I need to take those FCC stickers off of the gutted FX hilt.

Well I don't think anyone ever said that these fx were comparable to a MR limited edition so I don't even know why that came up, but opinions are opinions so here is a immature opinion from a semi-mature adult: in all due respect the MR LE are overpriced pieces of crap to my Graflex flash gun. At a 129.99 you are getting an FX saber not an LE If you are making that comparison than I don't know what to say other than don't get one cause you probably won't like it.

The earlier statement that Hasbro and MR were the same and made in the same factory was generalized.

I would love to get a Graflex 3 cell. I always get sniped when I try to bid on one.

There's a website that has all of the exact measurements to replicate a 3 cell. It's on my 'someday' list.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the LEs were just highly finished hilts appealing to the prop collector market. Only the FX line had the plastic blades, lights and sound FX.

I would love to get a Graflex 3 cell. I always get sniped when I try to bid on one.

There's a website that has all of the exact measurements to replicate a 3 cell. It's on my 'someday' list.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the LEs were just highly finished hilts appealing to the prop collector market. Only the FX line had the plastic blades, lights and sound FX.

Hit up your local swap, and camera shops every now and then. Sometimes the employees don't know what they have in their shop

Once upon a time I actually had a camera shop refuse to sell me one. The guy looked at me and guessed at what I was going to do with it.

"It's an antique, not a goddamn laser gun."

Well I'm not sure if that's what they did 100% but to my knowledge it is. That's why it's priceless to my geeky self, the thought that i have the same thing hamill used makes me giggle like a little girl. And yeah I need to take those FCC stickers off of the gutted FX hilt.

Those stickers are a pain in the ass to remove, even with GooGone! I don't think I got all the stickiness off completely, even after continuous wiping and polishing!:gah:

Yes I would be exactly the same :lol also exactly the reason why I want this now but I can't quite justify paying the $300+ ebay prices without at least attempting to put some effort in finding my own. BTW any chance that some of these eBay listings of finished Graflex sabers are actually just good replicas and not even Graflex. What should I look out for

Once upon a time I actually had a camera shop refuse to sell me one. The guy looked at me and guessed at what I was going to do with it.

"It's an antique, not a goddamn laser gun."

:lol HAHA
This is the first time I have reasons to go garage sale snooping.. summer can't be here soon enough.. better figure out which area may have older folks that may have had the money to splurge on these back then.

Those stickers are a pain in the ass to remove, even with GooGone! I don't think I got all the stickiness off completely, even after continuous wiping and polishing!:gah:

I usually (in this case as well) carefully peel them off and any leftover adhesive I use the same tape (whatever clean peeled parts I have) and reapply and pull sideways a few times. Works like a charm.

BTW the way ILM in those days made all the models and this lighsaber just knock me off my feet. Imagination to create something out of this world is one thing but re-purposing real world parts for their own vision is just so much more impressive

Last edited:
I fear anyone/where that is already connected to the interweb already has the inflated prices so really only the older brick and mortar store and private sales have a chance of offering these parts in good condition and affordable price though I suspect you end up with a camera as well :lol

Back