Force Friday ---Planning to go at midnight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Force Friday- Going Or Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to go online to order the Elite Series figures, ordered a Kylo and Flametrooper. Unfortunately, Phasma and Rey were sold out. :(

Did anyone get the Millennium Falcon digital alarm clock? Its supposed to play the SW intro theme song for the alarm from what I saw on some youtube videos. That would be a great motivator to wake up in the morning. :)

Didn't bother with the midnight thing. I have to get up at 2am for work. Went out for the first time today. Hit TRU and there was pretty much nothing worthwhile. Some Micro machines stuff and a few other things. No Black Series, carded figs or 12". Hit Target and they were wiped clean. Wal-Mart had a few Finn and Chewbacca 6" and a few carded figs as well as Micro Machines. Disney Store I scored the collectible playset and three of the die-cast ships. First Order and First Order Special Forces Tie-Fighters and Poe's X-Wing. Passed on the others for now. The ships for the price are pretty damn nice. They had 2 Finn Elites and that was it.

The place with the biggest amount of merchandise was Kohls. All 12", tons of carded figures, ships and pretty much everything else I hadn't seen anywhere else. Snagged a 12" Kylo Renn and Trooper.

Went to 3 walmarts and 2 targets after work yesterday and all of the other nerds cleaned out everything. Only walked away with a Kylo Ren Pop and a Luke Frywalker potato head. I have a collection of all the SW potato heads, so that was a good get for me. But from what I saw, there was no way any of the stores in my area had enough space for merchandise to relate to all the Hype this event got. Not impressed at all.
Yeah in all honesty the event felt a bit half assed to me. There wasn't really a ton of must have items out and the stores I was at the displays were okay but nothing overly elaborate. I think there could have been a lot more done especially in terms of the six inch Black Series figures and the three and three quarter inch figures. Instead it seemed like a lot of Micro Machines, diecast ships, and cosplay stuff which is fine to have for people into that stuff but I wasn't impressed with the lineup of figures at all really.

Should have been more than one 6" stormtrooper packed per case. Ship solid cases out to stores as well for a big event like this. I don't even think I saw one of those while I was there. At least kylo ren was two per.

I think it was a mistake to not have more characters out too. If there had been Captain Phasma, Han, 3PO, R2, a couple more Trooper variants, etc. I think it would have seemed like a better lineup. It didn't feel like there was a ton to look for really especially in terms of the six inch figures. I don't really understand why waves of figures seem so much smaller now days. It seemed like when The Phantom Menace came out there was a huge assortment of figures available initially.

I went to the midnight opening at my local Toys R Us. Got to say I was pretty disappointed by what was on offer. I only picked up the 12" Kylo Ren which looks pretty nice actually.

Great pictures! I actually think this 12 inch figure is my favorite of the things I got on Force Friday. The sculpt looks great

Wife and I went to target and loaded up. Went the morning of (10am). The toy aisle was well picked over (esp the black series 6" figures). They had another area in the store next to Halloween stuff that had all of the funkos, more black series, etc. We basically got free figs and diecast ships as Target had a great promotion where you get $25 off if you spend over $100 on SW merch. Got another black series storm trooper and a diecast Slave-I

Hit all the stores today, target had the most selection but all of them were picked almost bare in terms of figures, which was surprising imo

Went to Kmart day and scored a 6" Kylo Ren! Rey and the Stormie were the only ones missing. Can't believe a Kylo got let behind! I can't tell you the last time I went to a Kmart, but darned if that place doesn't have a distinct scent! I knew I was back in a Kmart the moment I walked through the doors :lol

Crazy thing down where i live is that there was no midnight release, and stores like walmart and toysrus( only two stores to carry the good stuff) only open at 9am so no crazy early shoppers to buy everything and yet somehow ,all 4 walmarts and 2 toysrus where pretty empty of their stock.
Peg warmers where chewbacca and finn for the black series , and for the single card figures it was all the second tier fillers .
But man was there a lot of lightsabers or what... these things where everywhere, heck you could have tossed a chewy figure in those stores and hit one at random.

I did find a couple of Kylo Ren at toysrus and snagged one , they probably put out more cases at that store or something since it was 5pm but anyways maybe 10 mins later they where all gone as there where a lot of people ravaging the isles for figs

My Force Friday Haul (Plus At-At Scene)

Here's my Force Friday haul. Would love to see yours!

Force Friday Haul.jpg

Off topic, but wanted to share a father and son recreation of the Hoth At-At / Luke Skywalker / Snowspeeder battle scene in Lego.

At-At.jpg

Hope you like it!

Re: My Force Friday Haul (Plus At-At Scene)

I went small, just him.

hottoyscommander6.jpg

Didn't bother with midnight madness, but I did preorder the HT Squad Leader. Then I swung by a couple Targets after work Friday morning and picked up a few things.

Hit a Walmart yesterday morning just out of curiosity, but all they had left was a 3 3/4 Finn and a few sandtrooper w/dewbak Pops. Found Phasma and Flametrooper 3 3/4 at Kohl's, though.

Have yet to see a Black Series Phasma or Stormtrooper in the wild.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441543829.182459.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441543844.366442.jpg

Popped back over to my collector-friendly Walmart to see how things looked after two days-- Still stuff there (although definitely more picked through than when I was there to get the complete 1-5 6" TBS (including three extra troopers). No 3 3/4 Phasmas at all (in fact no troopers at all). Picked up another 3 3/4 Kylo Ren and also another Kylo 6" (all the first wave were still there except for the trooper-- since I got the four troopers I figure they had four cases). Saw something that they had not put out on Friday, Rey's Speeder with 3 3/4 figure so I grabbed that. Cool looking vehicle and it'll be a nice addition to the Tatooine dio I'm currently constructing.

Quick shot of my new Ep. VII shelf. I think Force Friday worked for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3673.JPG
    IMG_3673.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3674.JPG
    IMG_3674.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3676.JPG
    IMG_3676.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
I waited six hours in line Thursday night at a Target for one item above all others - the Black Series Force FX Kylo Ren lightsaber. We go into the store and they have none. Bummed out, me and my friends drove straight to TRU and found the Yoda and Vader Force FX lightsabers - but no Kylo. All day Friday I hunted for it to no avail. The various websites (Target, TRU, B&N, Walmart, etc) all claimed they had none in stock nor any available for pickup. Friday night I'm watching TV and looking up Targets outside my territory just to ponder whether or not I'd drive three hours for this thing (we'll never know). I see that in one Target of the 20 in my territory there's "Low Stock" for the item. I'm at the door as they open 8:00 in the morning Saturday and behind me are three other dudes looking for the same exact thing. We all tried not to run to the section out of some sense of civility but ended up walking ridiculously fast. The four of us were bummed to see the section where the price tag for it was had nothing in it. The three dudes left but I had driven 40 minutes so I decided to vent via a manager. I asked her whether or not I should ever trust the website again and she laughed before proceeding to check the inventory. She says "We're supposed to have three." Having read online that each shipper box contained three Kylo Ren lightsabers, I told her "you have a brown box somewhere in the back that says Hasbro Kylo Ren Force FX." We walked together to the back where she sent one of the stock guys to look. He comes back with this.

6olzlt.jpg

I was ecstatic. There it was, the holy grail of Force Friday. I bought two, one for me and one for a buddy and then hit the road. They let me keep the shipper box which was a bonus.

Force Friday's midnight release was a bust (aside from meeting Oscar Isaac's uncle), just happy I was able to complete my hunt just a mere 32 hours later.

Aside from the Kylo Force FX, I picked up:

-Star Wars Aftermath novel
-Black Series Kylo Ren
-Black Series Finn
-Black Series Chewbacca
-Black Series Rey
-Black Series Stormtrooper

Back