Food poisoning...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So, I was just curious if anyone had experienced this. I cooked myself the usual last night (thin cut chicken breast and plain boiled pasta with butter. I cook the chicken on about 7/10 heat on a gas stove in a large saute pan for about 25 minutes.) I've never had a problem with that before.

But about two hours after consuming the food, I had built up a horrible headache and was shortly vomiting violently. I've been waking up every hour for the past 7 hours with severe vomiting from both ends :sick

No blood or anything - yet at least :pray: - But I was just wondering if anyone experienced this and how they went about it...:monkey3

Sounds like a touch of Salmonella poisoning. You should have more symptoms than just vomiting. Or by coincidence, you picked up one of those 24 hr flu cycles. All it takes is touching something contaminated.

I experienced similar symptoms when I was in Cambodia. Forty-eight hours later, I smuggled myself past quarantine onto a plane to Bangkok. Turns out it was e. coli poisoning. They dumped two IV bags full of cipro into me, dosed me with anti-diarrheal meds, made me drink a lot of Gatorade, and four petite Thai nurses gave me a sponge bath -- all for only $500. (At a U.S. hospital, you couldn't get the Gatorade for that cheap. :lol )

I experienced similar symptoms when I was in Cambodia. Forty-eight hours later, I smuggled myself past quarantine onto a plane to Bangkok. Turns out it was e. coli poisoning. They dumped two IV bags full of cipro into me, dosed me with anti-diarrheal meds, made me drink a lot of Gatorade, and four petite Thai nurses gave me a tongue bath -- all for only $500. (At a U.S. hospital, you couldn't get the Gatorade for that cheap. :lol )

fixed

maybe it was something else you ate earlier in the day and your dinner just gave it the final push.

maybe you're just yeet hay?

Sometimes food will get you even if it's prepared correctly.

Just stay hydrated and if the vomiting doesn't stop go to the ER.

I am not a doctor. Shropt will hold no responsibility for following or not following his advice. If erection doesn't stop after 4 hours please see a doctor or prostitute.

So, I was just curious if anyone had experienced this. I cooked myself the usual last night (thin cut chicken breast and plain boiled pasta with butter. I cook the chicken on about 7/10 heat on a gas stove in a large saute pan for about 25 minutes.) I've never had a problem with that before.

But about two hours after consuming the food, I had built up a horrible headache and was shortly vomiting violently. I've been waking up every hour for the past 7 hours with severe vomiting from both ends :sick

No blood or anything - yet at least :pray: - But I was just wondering if anyone experienced this and how they went about it...:monkey3

I'm an executive chef and based upon your description, that chicken was cooked well above 165F. I'm thinking you might have cross contaminated something while cooking your dinner. Do you think you touched anything with raw chicken on your hands/fingers while doing anything else?

The other option is a 24 hour stomach bug. Don't eat anything for the next 24 hours and only drink cool water. It's still too soon to try Gatorade or ginger ale.

Hope you feel better.

I had a few bites off a chicken leg a few days ago before work, guts were rumbling all night..got home and took a piss out of my ass.

You may have (and it sounds like you did) cooked the food correctly. But you may have gotten the bacteria from handling it prior to cooking. How are you feeling now?

Sounds like a touch of Salmonella poisoning. You should have more symptoms than just vomiting. Or by coincidence, you picked up one of those 24 hr flu cycles. All it takes is touching something contaminated.

Yeah, more symptoms for sure. My body is INSANELY achey and I got severe diahrrea. It seems as if my body is kicking out every last ounce of fluids in me... I can't seem to get comfortable and sleep. And not to mention, I feel so thirsty. When I take a sip of water I want to chug the whole bottle (but that'll upset my stomach) :(

I experienced similar symptoms when I was in Cambodia. Forty-eight hours later, I smuggled myself past quarantine onto a plane to Bangkok. Turns out it was e. coli poisoning. They dumped two IV bags full of cipro into me, dosed me with anti-diarrheal meds, made me drink a lot of Gatorade, and four petite Thai nurses gave me a sponge bath -- all for only $500. (At a U.S. hospital, you couldn't get the Gatorade for that cheap. :lol )

Happy ending?

Sounds like you possibly ate something that disagreed with you. There are so many things that can cause those symptoms. Just take it easy, drink plenty of fluids and if you have to eat something, eat clear soups and light foods.

Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, more symptoms for sure. My body is INSANELY achey and I got severe diahrrea. It seems as if my body is kicking out every last ounce of fluids in me... I can't seem to get comfortable and sleep. And not to mention, I feel so thirsty. When I take a sip of water I want to chug the whole bottle (but that'll upset my stomach) :(

If you're achey all over, then I would say you may have the flu. You might want to see a doctor.

I'm an executive chef and based upon your description, that chicken was cooked well above 165F. I'm thinking you might have cross contaminated something while cooking your dinner. Do you think you touched anything with raw chicken on your hands/fingers while doing anything else?

The other option is a 24 hour stomach bug. Don't eat anything for the next 24 hours and only drink cool water. It's still too soon to try Gatorade or ginger ale.

Hope you feel better.

Yeah, I'm in Culinary school and got my ServSafe Certification. I was thinking cross contamination as well. All the symptoms do sound like Salmonella.....unless Chris was bitten by a zombie?

2 hours is too short a time for food poisoning to show . Anyway , it sounds like your preparation would rule that out . Probably flu bug . Keep hydrated .:wink1:

2 hours is too short a time for food poisoning to show . Anyway , it sounds like your preparation would rule that out . Probably flu bug . Keep hydrated .:wink1:

Actually it's not. It can show in as little as a half an hour.

I have had food poisoning more times than I would ever wish and it is not something I would wish on my worst enemy, unfortunately the only thing you can do is ride it out, drink lots of liquids, and if you can get some live acidophilus culture to start taking, this will help rebuild the good digestive bacteria in your stomach. Then you will probably need to ease back into the food thing first with some gatorade (sip slowly) and ginger ale (again with slow sipping). Feel better I know it feels like you wanna die.

Back