Flourescent vs LED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petes2177

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've currently got some flourescent lights inside of my Detolf display and a flourescent light that lights up the room that the Detolfs are in.

My question is, can flourescent lights damage figures (plastic, rubber, yellowing) over time? If so, I'm most likely gonna switch over to LED lights. Please help me out here guys. Thanks!

Yes, they are the worst type of lighting system to have for Collectibles

uV light is what causing color fading in items, and UV lights emit the highest amount

My rooms are now lit up with Flourescent bulbs in the light fixtures but with LEDs in the display cases.

I'll want to go LED all around I guess... is there a recommended LED bulb to put in a regular bulb socket? Or should I just switch back to incandescent.

Last edited:
Yeah, as was said florescent lights are HORRIBLE. They emit lots of UV rays and will fade any printed matter, fade clothing, etc. NEVER use florescent for anything of value.

ALWAYS use LEDs.

Sean

just another question with the lighting, which may have been answered elsewhere.

But are the LED lights that have different colour settings alright?
e.g. blue and red etc etc ?

thanks

Home Depot has variety of led bulbs.

I got my LED bulbs from Home depot. :hi5:

They are pretty good but I guess I thought they wouldn't get hot like the LED lights in my display cases. These bulbs still seem to get hot.

Anyone know the reason for this?

Since they are for regular light fixtures and not for inside display cases I guess that's OK but I was looking forward to not generating heat in my fixtures anymore. :(

I'm using these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmar...ED-ECS-A19-WW-60WE-120/203845891#.UoorhMwo5aQ

a543cc89-36cd-4436-a5d4-0a61f1141c18_1000.jpg

Back