(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waller tried to convince me it was fake, but I see the truth. So jealous guys! Stuck at the airport now after telling Cody goodbye. I'm celebrity watching!!
my flight is delayed

So, I'm just a little excited about this, but the wife and I just bought a house! We were going to build, but we walked into this one and realized it was perfect.

Best part for me - 1500 sq ft unfinished basement and the wife has said it is my space!!! :rock

I'm sure I would have fanboy'd and he'd probably be annoyed. I wouldn't have asked him about Star Wars though, I would have said I wanted to ask him a question about a sequel and then asked when we're getting an American Graffiti 2 and see if it would have drawn a laugh.

So, I'm just a little excited about this, but the wife and I just bought a house! We were going to build, but we walked into this one and realized it was perfect.

Best part for me - 1500 sq ft unfinished basement and the wife has said it is my space!!! :rock

Congratulations, that sounds great!

DAMN! That is ALOT of space ! Congrats bro ! :hi5:

I'm sure I would have fanboy'd and he'd probably be annoyed. I wouldn't have asked him about Star Wars though, I would have said I wanted to ask him a question about a sequel and then asked when we're getting an American Graffiti 2 and see if it would have drawn a laugh.

He would have smacked you since he let someone else make American Graffiti 2 and call it More American Graffiti ! :thwak:

Badass guys... I really thought it was a fake at first. I mean c'mon, the chances of meeting Lucas are nill, not to mention meeting him while on a cross-country trip to see friends and Star Wars :lol The force was clearly with you lucky sons of bitches :lecture

I don't think I'll be going to Celebration next year.
WHA?!?!?! :gah: You better!!! Should be back in Orlando, me thinks... So Shropt and Frau and junior can go!!!

The husky voice puts her over the top, but she's definitely a hooker.
That's not nice!!! I need to watch that show... Haven't yet...

Looks like black Ernie.
I said the exact same thing to furystorm when he showed me the picture!

I met George Lucas today!!!
Really? What a coincidence! So did I!!!!!!!!!
George Lucas and Me.jpg

Waller, I've come to the conclusion that he always wears plad shirts and makes the same annoyed face whenever his fans force him to take pictures with them.
Yep, I believe you are right.

Congrats!!! I have a big basement, too, but haven't quite done what I planned to... YET!

Wow thats cool to meet him. I am not sure what I would have done.
Splooged all over? :monkey1

Badass guys... I really thought it was a fake at first. I mean c'mon, the chances of meeting Lucas are nill, not to mention meeting him while on a cross-country trip to see friends and Star Wars :lol The force was clearly with you lucky sons of bitches :lecture
Yes indeed!!! :rock :rock2

Todays good news: I got accepted to my university class in Japanese. It's a distance class and Internet-based so perfect for me since it won't interfere with work.

Never thought I'd get in, started as reserve nr 252, moved up to nr 51 after final selection and thought that was it, but I got the acceptance mail today. :)

I don't think anyone explained the entire story, so I shall in great detail... We were all going to see TFA, obviously. We wanted to see it in 2D. Gibby selected the AMC, and there was a 4:00 2D showing. However, there weren't any seats left other than front row, and a wheelchair section. We discussed going to a different theater which had a later 2D showtime. But I recommended going upstairs to ask about the wheelchair seats (we were at kiosks at first). They confirmed upstairs that the wheelchair seats weren't real seats, just spaces for wheelchairs to go, so that killed our plans for the 4:00 show. So we considered going to the other theater, which had a 5:45pm 2D show, or just stay where we were and see the 3D at 5:00. We finally opted to stay, and see 3D, even though none of us wanted 3D.

Once in the lobby, most of us got concessions. We could have gone into the theater at that point, but fury decided he wanted some candy. So he got back in line, and I joined him. We got up to the front, and fury ordered his Twix. While standing there paying, he nudges me to look behind me. I do, and nearly chit my pants. After I pick my jaw up from the floor, I turn around and call Steve to come over. He comes over, and is like, "what?" Then I casually point at George. Steve stands there frozen, like a deer in headlights.

After we composed ourselves, we impatiently waited for George and Melody to finish ordering their concessions. And then I pounced into action! I asked George if he'd mind posing for a photo. He actually kinda refused! He said something like "well, our movie is starting soon, so we need to go." I said "this will only take a second", and stood next to him to pose. I wasn't taking no for an answer! Fury took the pic, and then we changed places. We kept it simple and quick, using fury's iPhone to take all of the photos. After fury went, Steve jumped in and said "I'm with them!" Then he got his photo. Ben and Gibby didn't go over there, unfortunately, but Gibby confronted him from the other side, and got to shake his hand before George ran off into the theater. He's the only one of us who shook his hand. I did try to, but George either didn't see, or he snubbed me. I'm still not sure which! :lol I would have loved to get an autograph, but I honestly didn't want to bother the man. I was satisfied with a photo. And it would have been kinda rude to ask him to sign a ticket stub for a Star Wars movie that he didn't make! :lol But that's the only thing I had on me that he could have signed...

A few minutes later, his bodyguard came back out to order more concessions for them. I think George was scared to come back out. :lol He was wearing a Vader shirt. He complemented me on my SW jacket. Then he said something which blew our minds. He has never seen ANY Of the SW films!!! He was only wearing the shirt cuz it was free! He was a tall black guy around 30 years old I'd say. And he never saw SW, even though he works for Lucas. Wow. Just wow...

So anyway, there was a lot of things which needed to occur for our chance meeting. If Gibby hadn't picked that theater, we would have missed Lucas. If we went to the planned 4:00 show, we probably would have missed Lucas. If we had gone to the other theater with the later 2D showing, we would have missed Lucas. If fury hadn't decided to get more concessions, we probably would have missed Lucas. The Force was definitely strong with us that day!!!

Todays good news: I got accepted to my university class in Japanese. It's a distance class and Internet-based so perfect for me since it won't interfere with work.

Never thought I'd get in, started as reserve nr 252, moved up to nr 51 after final selection and thought that was it, but I got the acceptance mail today. :)
Congrats! I didn't know that you know Japanese...

Back