(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also tend to find stuff when they do full inventories. I remember when I worked at staples I ended up getting a $500 19" monitor that was a year old for $.01 since they thought they were all gone and had been returned to vendor when new one came out but somehow we missed one and found it later and when I checked the price I was sold lol

Yeah I knew about it. It was a contest giveaway years ago. My brother was just talking about this and said that the winner took the $75,000 instead of the house, and then the company doing the contest sold the house. The people that bought it repainted it normal colors and changed some things... so you probably won't be seeing a cool Simpsons house. :lol
I know that the inside isn't an exact replica either, even when they built it, because of building codes in NV they had to move certain rooms around like the kitchen and whatnot, so the layout inside isn't 100% accurate.

Either way... take pics! :D
I lived in Las Vegas for 2 years, and never went to that house. I kept forgetting. I thought I heard the owner was sick of people taking pictures, so he remodeled it. But I can't imagine the changes would have been that extensive, since that would be costly...

Why would the winner turn down a house, which he could likely sell for MORE than $75,000? Seems silly to me...

So I ordered the box, which says it's the April Box... and it's currently April, so will they ship this month or do they have to make the figures etc. based on the orders and it will ship later? I'm worried I'm going to get some random box I don't care about. haha. I'm going to cancel as soon as I get the box in... don't want them shipping another automatically.
That's just their schedule. Some boxes ship in the beginning of every month, and some ship in the middle of the month. They take box orders up to a cutoff date (4/15 for Nerdblock Classic), and then they start shipping. They'll start shipping early next week. It's a slow process though, but you should have the box within 2 weeks from now. And yes, don't forget to cancel. I forgot once, and the next box I got SUCKED!!! They have really awesome boxes sometimes, but others are pure crap.

Hey punk, did you know there's a Simpsons house here in Vegas? I didn't know. MadCow just told me about it a couple days ago, and Flosi and I are gonna visit it this weekend.
Cool Vegas story, bro!
;)
Jealous that FLOSI is visiting you. He never visits me. :( Oh wait, that's right, NOBODY comes to Milwaukee. :mad:

I lived in Las Vegas for 2 years, and never went to that house. I kept forgetting. I thought I heard the owner was sick of people taking pictures, so he remodeled it. But I can't imagine the changes would have been that extensive, since that would be costly...

Why would the winner turn down a house, which he could likely sell for MORE than $75,000? Seems silly to me...

That's just their schedule. Some boxes ship in the beginning of every month, and some ship in the middle of the month. They take box orders up to a cutoff date (4/15 for Nerdblock Classic), and then they start shipping. They'll start shipping early next week. It's a slow process though, but you should have the box within 2 weeks from now. And yes, don't forget to cancel. I forgot once, and the next box I got SUCKED!!! They have really awesome boxes sometimes, but others are pure crap.

Maybe they didn't live near Vegas and didn't want to bother with the hassle of selling... maybe they weren't Simpsons fans at all and just wanted a quick $75k? Who knows.

Thanks for the info.

12994537_10154065610887243_6872133703564532001_n.jpg

Back