Flash Fiction Ends Tonight!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pordey2 said:
It's not my first language either. But I entered anyway. No way I'm going to win, just making more work for Dusty & co....

:banana

Thanks, pordey :p No seriously, it's definitely going to be a lot of fun to read through them all - hopefully we can meet our deadline! :wacky And yes, we'll give an update and remind people to check back the week of February 20th! Thanks for entering everyone :duff

I've entered one story yesterday. No hopes of winning, but at least I can't say I haven't tried.

SideshowDusty said:
Thanks, pordey :p No seriously, it's definitely going to be a lot of fun to read through them all - hopefully we can meet our deadline! :wacky And yes, we'll give an update and remind people to check back the week of February 20th! Thanks for entering everyone :duff
Hi Dusty,

can you tell us how many submissions in total were received? I know there are a bunch here who have already asked that question and are really curious... is it hundreds or thousands? Even limited to 500 words or less, if it's 1000s it begs the question of logistics. (how may staff are involved in this? does every one read everything, which seems impossible if there are many many stories etc)

Beren

Beren said:
Hi Dusty,

can you tell us how many submissions in total were received? I know there are a bunch here who have already asked that question and are really curious... is it hundreds or thousands? Even limited to 500 words or less, if it's 1000s it begs the question of logistics. (how may staff are involved in this? does every one read everything, which seems impossible if there are many many stories etc)

Beren

Have no worries, it's all under control, we promise! I believe we received close to 500 entries :banana

500 entries. Hmm... I think the grand prize winner is really going to have to stand out from the rest. Good luck to all those creative minds out there who came up with something and entered! Odds of winning seem to worse than I had hoped. Maybe they will throw out a consolation prize or two for a couple of the worst stories submitted!

SideshowDusty said:
Have no worries, it's all under control, we promise! I believe we received close to 500 entries :banana

A chance of 1/500 for an AP Cavey (or one of those other nice prizes) doesn't sound all that bad! It beats entering the state's lottery!

Hey, I'm happy again :banana

Battletroll said:
A chance of 1/500 for an AP Cavey (or one of those other nice prizes) doesn't sound all that bad! It beats entering the state's lottery!

Hey, I'm happy again :banana

I have a 3/500 chance. WOOO HOOO!

Monk said:
8/500 chance here. :)

9/500 :) Anyone got more?

And it's not really 1/500 for each entry, it's not a lottery. Not every one of those 500 are going to be good. There will be bad ones, decent ones, good ones and great ones. So if you wrote a good one, you have a better chance than 1/500. All you have to do is realize whether your story was good or sucked. :naughty

Beren said:
9/500 :) Anyone got more?

And it's not really 1/500 for each entry, it's not a lottery. Not every one of those 500 are going to be good. There will be bad ones, decent ones, good ones and great ones. So if you wrote a good one, you have a better chance than 1/500. All you have to do is realize whether your story was good or sucked. :naughty

Well, that's all a matter of perspective. For all you know, the people judging them just like stories that suck. :naughty

I only did one entry. I got the inspiration fairly early in the contest, so I whizzed it in. Certain people here tell me it's good :D but time will tell :horror

Good Luck all

TC :peace

It would be nice if the winner was someone on this board.

tomandshell said:
I was thinking the same thing. How anticlimactic for the board if none of us has any clue who the winner is.

Even worse if they pick the buffy prize :wacky

BTW, I love Buffy, but could never in a million years pass up the Cavey

Oh good grief.

Not knocking Buffy... but if someone picked Buffy as the prize...

*shakes head*

all hell and hell to be will break loose...and start the end of the world

Bum said:
Oh good grief.

*shakes head*

I know exactly what you mean, lol.

Love Buffy, but LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cavey

Bum said:
Oh good grief.

*shakes head*

Yeah, but if the winner of the flash fiction contest picks the buffy prizes,it will mean that the cave troll will still be available in a future contest...:banana

Bum said:
Oh good grief.

*shakes head*

It wouldn't surprise me if someone chose the Buffy prize. It's really up to the winner what they want. They may already have the other prizes. It's just great the winner gets to choose from a variety of products, which wont be me, so I'm just blowing in the wind. And if the world ends, it might be the best thing that has happened since I've been on this wretched planet. Something exciting besides new Sideshow product.

Shaihulud said:
Yeah, but if the winner of the flash fiction contest picks the buffy prizes,it will mean that the cave troll will still be available in a future contest...:banana

Just what I was thinking. I haven't gotten my hopes up in winning this one, so hopefully some lucky collector runs off with the Buffy (or other) prize and the Cavey will again be available!

(Hey, wasn't I next on the waitlist for him? :angelsmil )

Back