First Weta Hobbit Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that. Very curious to see what this is and see it in person if it is at comic-con.

Same here. I am powerless to resist the Weta enviro pieces.

Since it's coming out before the movie, my guess is, it'll be a location we've already seen ... either in trailers or in the LOTR films. They're probably gonna hold back on spoilers.

I wonder if we'll get a statue from The Hobbit line representing the trolls before they were tricked by Gandalf and turned to stone?
:naughty
Would be an interesting purchase for those who own the original stone trolls enviro

A list of some possible and some maybe not probable environments for the Hobbit...just thinking out loud...Eagles Nest, Spiders forest lair, Radaghast's home, Beorn's house, Wood elves kingdom,Laketown, Lonely Mountain, Green Dragon, Dol Goldur, Goblin Town, Gollum's cave, Troll cave...please pardon any mispellings

Last edited:
There are going to be some great options coming out of the hobbit and like lotr some options that will be something for the completist. I would get several on that list for sure but I would pass on items like the eagles nest.

There are going to be some great options coming out of the hobbit and like lotr some options that will be something for the completist. I would get several on that list for sure but I would pass on items like the eagles nest.
...what if it had like some orc and Warg/wolf skulls and skeletons around it, etc LOL

It would have to be pretty impressive. It's essentially just a birds nest.

I have been told that essentially the Moria Environment looks like a rock with holes in it...LOL...I have thought of putting an led inside to make the halls light up

Moria is awesome and very full of detail. You can trace a good portion of the journey the fellowship makes through it. Not really the same thing IMO.

Moria is awesome and very full of detail. You can trace a good portion of the journey the fellowship makes through it. Not really the same thing IMO.

better have some good light and be really up close looking into it

Back