Firefly coming to Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
Blu-Ray.com said:
Firefly Coming to Blu-ray

After some digging, TVShowsonDVD.com has discovered that Fox is planning to extend the upcoming 'Firefly: The Complete Series' DVD set to the Blu-ray format. It still early too early to discuss special features and specs, but being a Fox release, fans can expect a 1080p AVC video experience accompanied by a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
Never watched the show, but I enjoyed Serenity so I might have to pick this series up on Blu-Ray. Summer Glau. :drool

Last edited:
Great news!!! Let's hope Fox doesn't try to milk the series with rerelease after rerelease like Universal does with Serenity.

Just finished watching it and it's amazing. Wasn't a huge fan of the movie until I saw the show and now I love both.

You will love it.

Well that's rather odd, Serenity is available in HD-DVD and Firefly is available in Blu-ray. :wacky

absolutley loved this show and still curse Fox to this day for canceling it. this is great news!!
thanks, ill!

Well that's rather odd, Serenity is available in HD-DVD and Firefly is available in Blu-ray. :wacky

Well, Serenity came out in HD-DVD when the format first started so that's why. I would guess they'll rerelease it on Blu-Ray at some point. I just hope the Blu-Ray version of Firefly has some HD special features, I hate watching HD movies and then go to the special features only to watch poor quality video (shame on you 300).

Well, Serenity came out in HD-DVD when the format first started so that's why. I would guess they'll rerelease it on Blu-Ray at some point. I just hope the Blu-Ray version of Firefly has some HD special features, I hate watching HD movies and then go to the special features only to watch poor quality video (shame on you 300).

I'm not an HD expert or anything, but doesn't it depend on how its shot? I mean, usually behind the scenes stuff isn't shot with the best equipment.

I'm not an HD expert or anything, but doesn't it depend on how its shot? I mean, usually behind the scenes stuff isn't shot with the best equipment.

Yes, they have to shoot the extras in HD as well. But for movies being released now there's no excuse for them not to shoot the extras in HD. Like on the Transformers HD-DVD release it was a much better release because all of the extras were in HD, but on 300 they didn't so it kind of felt cheap.

Sometimes special features can be taken overboard.

If Peter Jackson wasn't so bent on making a bazilion special features and minidocumentaries, I bet King Kong could have been a better flick.

Sometimes special features can be taken overboard.

If Peter Jackson wasn't so bent on making a bazilion special features and minidocumentaries, I bet King Kong could have been a better flick.

What do the special features have to do with the quality of the movie?

I just thought it was too long. And Adrian Brody was a bad casting choice because he really didn't fit as a love interest for Naomi Watts. And by the end of the movie you really forgot he existed.

What do the special features have to do with the quality of the movie?

I just thought it was too long. And Adrian Brody was a bad casting choice because he really didn't fit as a love interest for Naomi Watts. And by the end of the movie you really forgot he existed.

For every hour spent making web documentaries, PJ could have spent that hour reflecting on the script or characters to make them more engaging. I thought Kong was really hurt by them overdoing everything from casting to special effects to the length of the movie to how every thing was being documented for documentations' sake. It became more like a "how to make a film in the 21st Century showcase" and the film itself, IMO, ended up being a bit meh.

I can't believe how good is still doing the series DVD set, after so much time. I bet this bluray edition will be as successful.

awesome!!! will definitely purchase. now here's what i find amusing.... right now BB, CC, WalMart have the Firefly set for $39.99. i bought the exact same thing 2 years ago (slim set) for $20 at Target. no sale, no special. it was that price forever. whats with the sudden surge in price???

awesome!!! will definitely purchase. now here's what i find amusing.... right now BB, CC, WalMart have the Firefly set for $39.99. i bought the exact same thing 2 years ago (slim set) for $20 at Target. no sale, no special. it was that price forever. whats with the sudden surge in price???

It fluctuates, regular price is around $30-$40, but it's often down to $20 somewhere..

Back