Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't drink coffee, but I do like to instigate. There's an ignore option, don't like what I have to say? Use it.

Probably not gonna use the bar with Tifa since I'm already envisioning the Romero Joker behind the bar serving drinks to Batman & co :duff

Animated GIF
Same idea for my Wayne collection.

I think Tifa came out great, I decided to pass on this line but I absolutely love FF7 almost bought GT cloud with the bike when it first went up but passed to not go down that rabbit hole lol. I do like the bar setup she comes with. Not sure if I’m gonna order she’d be the only FF character I’d have but she could pass as a fantastic stand alone figure and that bar is 🔥

I'll be frank, I think Tifa's portrait is getting extreme scrutiny because she's a waifu character. In game, Cloud's face is just as pretty and "soft" as Tifa's. He's the quintessential Japanese bishonen (= pretty boy character) and GT's Cloud doesn't fully capture that. Where were the criticisms about that?

cloud-strife-cloud.gif

Cloud-Strife-Crossdressing-Resized.jpg

I just think the perfection some looking for can't be achieved with a mass produced figure anyway. Some of the comparison pics show differences so tiny they fall in the range of factory QC.

Not sure how I feel reading all this comments criticising the figures appearance, seems it's liked or not (more swinging liked). But what I can say is if the consensus say it's great, then let's champion that - it's fantastic and and probably the best rendition of Tifa we'll see.

On the other hand I'm reading comments / viewing edits of how it should be better and not what's expected (?) - if that's the case I see your point but after X amount of time since tease, are we really going to squabble on how we can make it better? I agree, maybe adjustments can be made but that's totally up to GT with progress shots (which we may have seen previously?). So seeing bods making their tiny Potatoshop edits of minor details is fine and all but thinking it's what should happen with such bravado, and how they see the figure really gives me the ick. GT are delivering the most accurate figures as much as they can, if any other company want to step up and take their mantle I'm all for that (rumbles of Toys Era) but us folk as consumers, we can give criticism sure, but it seems like consumer feedback is either the rise or fall of some releases.

I love that a third-party company (with staff) is making a figure we could only wish for from SE (and the fear of being shut down) is actually delivering on our 1/6 needs.

All I can say is 'This guy are sick!'

Last edited:
Made me laugh out loud with this one. Agree with most of your points and the attitudes of a lot of people seem to have more recently shifted from a “criticisms and gentle suggestion” place of love to a majority of “the sky is falling why would I spend MY money for this” angry disappointment.
Think more than anything though, @Pleistocene hit the nail on this head here
I'll be frank, I think Tifa's portrait is getting extreme scrutiny because she's a waifu character.
Some are probably letting how they want to see Tifa influence how the game model actually looks. Agree that the mouth on the fig could be a bit taller and less wide, maybe it has something to do with illusions of a physical product. But this gif @Hologram AI posted a few pages back says a lot, too.
Damn, tough crowd in here. Think she looks great.
giphy.gif
Same energy here as in the LIM TLOU fig thread where people were upset about how a character’s 3D face model looked when it was literally ripped straight from the game files.

I think for me part of it is that I’d have to pay a premium for this specially designed body I didn’t really want, especially since it’s lacks the bit of muscle the game actually gave her anyway, so the face not quite being right is kind of annoying. Like I’m never gonna look at her nude, I’m gonna look at her face.

So idk maybe SOME people are complaining from the “she’s a waifu character” perspective, but idk I feel like I can’t be the only one kind of miffed that Yet Again we have a Tifa who was made with extra attention paid to the cast-off qualities than to her actual likeness. Even if this one is MUCH better than others out there.

Idk idk I just feel like if not for the emphasis on this ~realistic~ body thing, people wouldn’t care as much about her face being a little off? Idk

Not sure how I feel reading all this comments criticising the figures appearance, seems it's liked or not (more swinging liked). But what I can say is if the consensus say it's great, then let's champion that - it's fantastic and and probably the best rendition of Tifa we'll see.

On the other hand I'm reading comments / viewing edits of how it should be better and not what's expected (?) - if that's the case I see your point but after X amount of time since tease, are we really going to squabble on how we can make it better? I agree, maybe adjustments can be made but that's totally up to GT with progress shots (which we may have seen previously?). So seeing bods making their tiny Potatoshop edits of minor details is fine and all but thinking it's what should happen with such bravado, and how they see the figure really gives me the ick. GT are delivering the most accurate figures as much as they can, if any other company want to step up and take their mantle I'm all for that (rumbles of Toys Era) but us folk as consumers, we can give criticism sure, but it seems like consumer feedback is either the rise or fall of some releases.

I love that a third-party company (with staff) is making a figure we could only wish for from SE (and the fear of being shut down) is actually delivering on our 1/6 needs.

You sound like a GT employee..🤔 Ask your boss how much for the AC remnant trio to be made for me? I'm like the only one interested in them and I'll sacrifice half my house to get em if I have to!😂😂😂

Welp.
Now that the Tifa hype has come and gone,
I'm napping for the rest of this QC/"She would look better like..." topic.

Wake me up when AC Cloud Chinese video review comes out. :sleep

Yeah @thatonenerdlord I think that stance is perfectly reasonable and agreeable. Though again, there hasn’t been quite the same criticisms when it comes to the body designed and delayed for AC Cloud. Maybe his face sculpting is universally agreed to be perfect or it isn’t as important for his character. Maybe there were some minor issues of priority. Either way, at the end of the day, we all want the best product we can get. Just annoying to see how some of the other unjustified bickerings since none of it is any solution to meeting such ridiculously high (and widely varying due to personal preferences) standards now or in the future.

I'll be frank, I think Tifa's portrait is getting extreme scrutiny because she's a waifu character. In game, Cloud's face is just as pretty and "soft" as Tifa's. He's the quintessential Japanese bishonen (= pretty boy character) and GT's Cloud doesn't fully capture that. Where were the criticisms about that?

cloud-strife-cloud.gif

View attachment 646186
What's funny is I don't think either of the Cloud (FF7R + AC) sculpts are 100% perfect and no one should ever expect that to begin with.

Yet you hardly see any criticism on here about either sculpts. Tifa on the other hand is being examined under a microscope with people saying the lip and eyebrow can be lifted by 2mm to the left and right. It's such a bizarre difference in criticism when compared to their previous figures, where I feel people had more leniency on how "accurate" it is.

Last edited:
Sucks that there's no way to just buy the figure. I have no interest in the bar/diorama. Crazy because I ended up getting Cloud for less than $200, now Tifa is almost double that.
Same here. I’ve been stalking this thread waiting for the announcement. It’s finally here and the bar has priced me out of getting the figure. Don’t mean to sound negative. Just bummed

Naw I'm not done yet lol I wanna share my vision for Tifa too lol everyone playing around in Photoshop, well it's my turn :ROFLMAO:
I'd do one for AC Cloud but really, I do find his sculpt/paint/everything perfect. Nailed it, I know, moving on. Tifa is their first female figure, so. Yeah. Y'know.

tifalol.jpg

For me, its not about how accurate the proportions are or if its the correct eye color or whatever.
So for example i think GT Cloud represents Clouds overall look in the Remake game in terms of facial expression.
Serious face, he looks ready to go, no jokes, no bs. Its a very clear facial expression. Thats Clouds face in the remake most of the time.

Now for GT Tifas facial expression ...
where exactly in the game does she look like that? What exactly even is her facial expression supposed to be? The GT facial expression looks lost.
Her eyebrows are angry because they are very low and her mouth has this "mmhhh i dont know" look.
Does that represent Tifas overall look in the Remake? Not for me, no.
Make her look happy, make her look sad, make her look serious ... something.
The GT facial expression is nothing.

For me, it's the upper body proportions. The neck can be slightly slimmer, shoulders broader with some deltoid definition, and slightly less bewbs. No complaints on the headsculpt. I'm thinking if one were to consider replacing the body, what body option from which company would best capture those features.

Back