Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tifa controversy will never end. Because everyone's personal taste is different.
If you like the product, you buy it; if you don't, you don't buy it.
by the way When will AC Cloud Chinese local review video be released?

The Tifa controversy will never end. Because everyone's personal taste is different.
If you like the product, you buy it; if you don't, you don't buy it.
by the way When will AC Cloud Chinese local review video be released?
If what Walter told us is true, Tifa pre-order was expected to go up around the release of AC Cloud. So I would assume July release for him according to that timeline.

Toymarks
has them also for preorder. it's cheaper when the price converted in USD no? From what i see full payment goes RM1,145.00 or roughly 246.24.. Not sure if understand the conversion enough tho haha cause we have a diff currency here and im hoping we get it way cheaper that the west has em for preorder.

Toymarks
has them also for preorder. it's cheaper when the price converted in USD no? From what i see full payment goes RM1,145.00 or roughly 246.24.. Not sure if understand the conversion enough tho haha cause we have a diff currency here and im hoping we get it way cheaper that the west has em for preorder.

Granted you'll have to wait up to an additional of 2 months from release, it really is cheaper especially if you don't have to do international shipping. I wonder how much the express shipping cost for this.

Pre-ordered Tifa on Taobao official shop. (or at least direct from them). Seems to be closing by July 15 so not a very long period of pre-order time, think this will be the same for most FF figures from GT going forward.

Yeah @thatonenerdlord I think that stance is perfectly reasonable and agreeable. Though again, there hasn’t been quite the same criticisms when it comes to the body designed and delayed for AC Cloud. Maybe his face sculpting is universally agreed to be perfect or it isn’t as important for his character. Maybe there were some minor issues of priority. Either way, at the end of the day, we all want the best product we can get. Just annoying to see how some of the other unjustified bickerings since none of it is any solution to meeting such ridiculously high (and widely varying due to personal preferences) standards now or in the future.
I definitely get the…concern feels like a strong word to ascribe to someone else, but for lack of a better word “concern” that people are nitpicking this for the wrong reasons, and I don’t think its unlikely that’s the case for some people. But I also think Cloud’s sculpt just looks ‘better’ more than necessarily just more accurate. Plus Cloud’s new body is only seamless where it would matter, his upper body due to a sleeveless top, whereas Tifa is Completely seamless so she can be displayed nude.

Basically, tbh you’re probably right in a lot of cases, I just also see where (to me) the ball was dropped with Tifa more than could be said of Cloud, and I think that critique is important for the health of GT’s future projects. Or something lol

Anyone know if Tifa's ponytail head is an actual separate head? I wonder if it's all one piece, meaning we get two HS, or if she has removable hair pieces.

On Taobao Tifa's official price is 1680 Yuan, approx. 233 USD, not that expensive. I guess Kit and Giantoy expect the box to be big because of the diorama so they jacked up the prices for potentially high international shipping costs. The diorama really should have been an option only.

Naw I'm not done yet lol I wanna share my vision for Tifa too lol everyone playing around in Photoshop, well it's my turn :ROFLMAO:
I'd do one for AC Cloud but really, I do find his sculpt/paint/everything perfect. Nailed it, I know, moving on. Tifa is their first female figure, so. Yeah. Y'know.

View attachment 646192
1687425291792.png

Anyone know if Tifa's ponytail head is an actual separate head? I wonder if it's all one piece, meaning we get two HS, or if she has removable hair pieces.
pretty sure I read that its a hair piece that swaps out

I just found out GT Tifa is up for pre-order. I pre-ordered mine from Gundamit May of 2022! They updated her pictures. I'm surprised to see Tifa is coming with a ton of stuff, even a ponytail hair! It's my first time seeing a ponytail version for her and it looks nice. On Gundamit, I can't see the estimated release date while Giantoys says it's between October to December 2023. The full price on Gianttoy is $345 while Gundamit doesn't know yet. Is Gundamit's price usually the same, lower, or higher than any of the other stores?

On Taobao Tifa's official price is 1680 Yuan, approx. 233 USD, not that expensive. I guess Kit and Giantoy expect the box to be big because of the diorama so they jacked up the prices for potentially high international shipping costs. The diorama really should have been an option only.
Can please dm me the official taobao link?

There are paypal costs and currency exchange costs as well

Yuan is at historical low at the moment, estimate release schedule for one and half year later so we need some buffer to cover the currency risk

But yes it's definitely cheaper if you can buy it on taobao if you can pay in yuan and pay in full right now, wonder if they ship outside china?

I just think the perfection some looking for can't be achieved with a mass produced figure anyway. Some of the comparison pics show differences so tiny they fall in the range of factory QC.
Yet Gametoys has already come close to perfection in the past, even in mass production, with all his products
Sephiroth.png

Cloud.png

Zack.png

And they're going to do it again next month with Cloud AC
Cloud.png

That's why Tifa's HS is disappointing, especially for a prototype.
I saw the same criticisms on a Chinese forum, about the HS and especially the mouth, which is we have to admit, a big failure

I think "big failure" is rather unfair, it could definitely be better but there are barely any other Tifa sculpts out there that are anywhere near as good as GT's. Worth remembering that their Remake Cloud and AC Cloud sculpts both improved DURING the transition from prototype to mass production, too.

It's not even just about the sculpt either, if they can nail the tailoring and accessories then the GT set will hands-down be the best 1/6 Remake Tifa you can yet in terms of value for money. Plus you get a custom seamless body, no need to go and buy a TBLeague one.

0E7E84AC-F238-412D-ACF4-50B491FB9420.jpeg

• Lips not thick enough
  • Mouth too wide
  • Cheekbones too strong
  • Nostrils should be thicker, nose ends in too tall of a point and is too close to the mouth
  • Eyes should be wider by 2mm
  • Eyebrows need to be moved 1.32mm up forehead and end in a leveled point closer to the hairline
  • Hair spike in front should have a taller apex
  • Sideburns too shaggy, not long enough
  • Earring too big
  • Hairline looks too much like Vegeta
  • Why does he look so angry? He never looks like that in-game, I’m scared
Better hope trash day is soon, this is “ a big failure”

Please refer to my photoshop 🙏
1A6CA442-A57C-453D-BC94-17C9B51F859A.jpeg

boring-funny.gif

And again, totally missing the point. Thats still a very very very clear facial expression that GT Zack has
and it matches Zacks overall character. His face actually has a facial expression. And hes not supposed to look all serious at all times like Cloud.

Now look at GT Tifas facial expression. Especially if you keep in mind, that they are going for this whole bar diorama set.
Watch the remake bar scene with Cloud on Youtube, she doesnt look dreamy, staring or lost at all.

And that would be fine if GT would have chosen something different for their Tifa, like a sad or angry or whatever expression. Something.
She literally has every facial expression there is in that game to choose from.
But they didnt. Instead GT Tifas facial expression has no expression. It doesnt match the bar scene, it doesnt match her normal expression.
Even in the remake IDLE animations, Tifa doesnt look like this. GT Tifas facial expression matches the expression you get,
when you load a new t pose character model into a graphics tool or engine. Zero expression.

tigt2.png

Last edited:
You’re the only one ascribing all the issues to the figure’s stoic facial expression, which is proof of some very keen observational skills, I might add.
But the dramatic, crybaby attitudes pointing fingers at perceived minor flaws and ridiculing the entire product as some uniquely horrible failure that no other GT products have had yet, aren’t adding anything to the conversation but obnoxious whining.
I’m not “missing the point” at all; your astute detective work has just happened to glance over the actual point being made.

There are paypal costs and currency exchange costs as well

Yuan is at historical low at the moment, estimate release schedule for one and half year later so we need some buffer to cover the currency risk

But yes it's definitely cheaper if you can buy it on taobao if you can pay in yuan and pay in full right now, wonder if they ship outside china?
I wasn't criticising your pricing, I actually ordered Tifa at your store. Just saying that it's a shame the shipping for an accessoire that should have been optional makes the figure so much more expensive for non-Chinese collectors. The base price isn't all that expensive.

Taobao does ship outside of China (only a few countries, though) but the site is still in Chinese so it's a hassle because you have to use autotranslate.

Yet Gametoys has already come close to perfection in the past, even in mass production, with all his products
View attachment 646259
View attachment 646260
View attachment 646261

And they're going to do it again next month with Cloud AC
View attachment 646262

That's why Tifa's HS is disappointing, especially for a prototype.
I saw the same criticisms on a Chinese forum, about the HS and especially the mouth, which is we have to admit, a big failure
I posted a gif and screenshot of in-game Cloud on the previous page. Looking at that objectively I really don't see how his figure is supposed to be more accurate than Tifa.

Back