Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel so sad that my Cloud's pauldron suddenly loosen and dropped off.. and I also accidentally scratched my buster sword... Any good advices to fix these problems? 😢

The last photo was the picture before the pauldron dropped off...
Glue and paint are going to be your best bets. Maybe match the paint of the sword, if you can. If not, a little silver in there might make it appear like battle wear. Otherwise, maybe keep an eye out for a replacement if anyone is parting the figure out.

For glue, I’ve had the best luck with Loctite super glue gel.

I feel so sad that my Cloud's pauldron suddenly loosen and dropped off.. and I also accidentally scratched my buster sword... Any good advices to fix these problems? 😢

The last photo was the picture before the pauldron dropped off...
I feel as though a Magic Eraser would be best for your buster sword, if the scratch is paint applied, and not paint removed. The pauldron would be best fixed with super glue, carefully placed on the ends of the straps, with the arm removed so no mistakes occur, and carefully placed back onto the pauldron. Best of luck

Definitely use a hair dryer on the hands. Though the wrist joints are made of a metal/plastic combination (on the seamless arms only) & are quite sturdy, it's always best to use the hair dryer to soften the plastic before making any rash decisions :lol Besides, with each figure produced, they give you a card showcasing the instructions to do so as well :duff I'm sure it's possible to get the hands off without using heat, but it's always best to use heat seeing as ankles and wrists are often the weakest points of figures.
Use hairdryer to gently warm the wrists. If you live in a warm climate, you might not need it. I'm in the UK, without the hairdyer, changing hands was a pain in the butt. Worse with Cloud, you want to be careful not to damage the silicone arms - easier to just remove the whole arm from the body, attach the hand, then put the entire arm back.
Many thanks for your replies and advice gents, I greatly appreciate it. :)

So what is the optimal technique with a hair dryer? How close can you get with it? How long do you blast the hands for? Do you heat treat top, sides and bottom, or just top and bottom to remove the hands already attached to the figure out of the box?

Many thanks for your replies and advice gents, I greatly appreciate it. :)

So what is the optimal technique with a hair dryer? How close can you get with it? How long do you blast the hands for? Do you heat treat top, sides and bottom, or just top and bottom to remove the hands already attached to the figure out of the box?
Medium to high heat, held between 4 to 6 inches of the hands, too close probably won't cause any damage but may be unnecessary. Heat all around the hand, avoiding to apply any heat on the silicone arms. Best of luck 🍻

Glue and paint are going to be your best bets. Maybe match the paint of the sword, if you can. If not, a little silver in there might make it appear like battle wear. Otherwise, maybe keep an eye out for a replacement if anyone is parting the figure out.

For glue, I’ve had the best luck with Loctite super glue gel.

Thanks, ya.. my friend also suggested me to make the sword as battle wear.. as for the pauldron, some people asked me to use the blue-tack if I don't want harm the figure itself..
I feel as though a Magic Eraser would be best for your buster sword, if the scratch is paint applied, and not paint removed. The pauldron would be best fixed with super glue, carefully placed on the ends of the straps, with the arm removed so no mistakes occur, and carefully placed back onto the pauldron. Best of luck
Ohh, magic eraser, I never thought of that, will give it a try, thankss. The pauldron part, I'll try use the blue-tack as temporary solution... Actually it does look neat eventhough without the pauldron, lol

Attachments

• IMG_20221211_091903.jpg
    IMG_20221211_091903.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
If they put the shipping box inside another shipping box to protect it, you'd all just want the second box to be pristine, too.

Yep, but in fact they used my Daytona's box as shipping box.
But as it was too small, they opened it and customized it to fit the Cloud box inside.
In fact they added cardboard to my Daytona box and taped it to make a bigger box, which served as a shipping box with all the stamps and stuff.
In other words they completely messed up the box of my Daytona before sending it.
And as they didn't protect this box, not only was it damaged, but the Cloud box inside as well.
What they did was a real mess.

They didn't have the permission to open the box on my bike, and to turn it into a shipping box, and they didn't have to put my Cloud box in there.

A serious store would have wrapped the Daytona and Cloud boxes in bubble wrap, and put them in a larger, well-protected carrying case.

But even if you warn them before they send, they don't care

That is just horrible. Since the pandemic, KG switched shipping method to something much cheaper and he stopped spending time on customer support.
Simple answer.. Stop giving them business Boycott KG!
Yep... And they increased the price of their shipping costs, for a service now more than bad

That is just horrible. Since the pandemic, KG switched shipping method to something much cheaper and he stopped spending time on customer support.
Simple answer.. Stop giving them business Boycott KG!
those photo in your album looking dope! Especially the custom berserk one!

Thanks, ya.. my friend also suggested me to make the sword as battle wear.. as for the pauldron, some people asked me to use the blue-tack if I don't want harm the figure itself..

Ohh, magic eraser, I never thought of that, will give it a try, thankss. The pauldron part, I'll try use the blue-tack as temporary solution... Actually it does look neat eventhough without the pauldron, lol
I would be very careful with a magic eraser. It’s just a fine grit sand paper. Very easy to make things worse, especially trying to apply it to such a narrow area. I haven’t had the best of luck with them.

Here we go again.

Glad I don't use Twitter/Facebook/etc.
Even though apparently I miss pictures like those.

About KGHobby
I was also pissed about my damaged shipper box of my daytona AND the missing hands for Cloud.
Still had ordered Present Toys Indiana Jones from them, who came in very good condition. (Had missed the chance with OSK)
First order - good
second order - awful
third order - good.
But their customer service still sucks.

Guys shouldn't overhype GT. I admit their works are amazing and I buy/PO them in a heart beat but let us not forget they are also doing Business. Too much overhyping and too much exposure leads to 2 things, First they may catch the attention of SE and they may bring them down and 2nd is us collectors giving them too much attention will give them the leeway to jack up the price however they want which is currently happening right now. They are keeping a close eye on the market this goes the same also to the other studios. Though they have amazing quality and accuracy, they are still an unlicensed third party. The way they are pricing the latest figures are almost the same level as licensed ones compared to their previous price during Sephiroth and Cloud Deluxe. This is not to poop on the party, this is just reality checking. Let's just keep the hype balanced people

Last edited:
Medium to high heat, held between 4 to 6 inches of the hands, too close probably won't cause any damage but may be unnecessary. Heat all around the hand, avoiding to apply any heat on the silicone arms. Best of luck 🍻
Thank you so much for all this advice, it’s very useful. (y)

Should one keep the hair dryer on at all times, steadily going around the hands or should it be limited to a few second bursts?

Thank you so much for all this advice, it’s very useful. (y)

Should one keep the hair dryer on at all times, steadily going around the hands or should it be limited to a few second bursts?
You can keep the heat on the hands, you'll only need about 15-30 seconds of heat application to soften up the plastic enough to remove them

tifa status:head sculpt changed,body type changed,cloths wip.
ac sep:different hairstyle perhaps?

Attachments

• 82122295-637B-482B-B65F-4C568EB417B6.jpeg
    82122295-637B-482B-B65F-4C568EB417B6.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 0
  • A3160176-E0F0-4A24-BDF9-5630BE5AD45D.jpeg
    A3160176-E0F0-4A24-BDF9-5630BE5AD45D.jpeg
    746.6 KB · Views: 0
  • A8682922-1DE1-4CB6-8A89-742D78195FE4.jpeg
    A8682922-1DE1-4CB6-8A89-742D78195FE4.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 51CF7E7A-2404-4F11-8019-EC8ED46A0323.jpeg
    51CF7E7A-2404-4F11-8019-EC8ED46A0323.jpeg
    632.1 KB · Views: 0
dragon studio 1/4 zack statue. hmmmmm
and I wonder why those studio use ff logo or original font/ title for their photo,too high profile compare to gt.

Attachments

• 1A27B00F-8818-4964-8697-BAB588F6BCC3.jpeg
    1A27B00F-8818-4964-8697-BAB588F6BCC3.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • EA61548E-1278-48BD-96D3-17F4EEA6464B.jpeg
    EA61548E-1278-48BD-96D3-17F4EEA6464B.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
That 1/4 scale Zack is all kinds of off. Hair's wrong, eyes are wrong, it looks every bit of a bad unlicensed product. Excited to see the new Tifa head eventually though, and great to see AC Sephiroth is still being worked on.

Back