Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GT Boss after seeing the negative response to Tifa pre-order photos
73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg
giphy.gif

You’re the only one ascribing all the issues to the figure’s stoic facial expression, which is proof of some very keen observational skills, I might add.
But the dramatic, crybaby attitudes pointing fingers at perceived minor flaws and ridiculing the entire product as some uniquely horrible failure that no other GT products have had yet, aren’t adding anything to the conversation but obnoxious whining.
I’m not “missing the point” at all; your astute detective work has just happened to glance over the actual point being made.
You don't understand. She NEEDS the corners of her lips to smile a bit by 2mm upwards towards a trajectory of 20 degrees according to my calculations to better match the amazing expressions that she has in the game. GameToys FAILED us terribly with this subpar sculpt because of this.

No wonder R_R_X left this forum. :lol

200.gif
8f867f00c2addd56f5c068f988a27339.gif

dg6BkRH.jpeg

EVxHsfE.png

Last edited:
Yeah, its "obnoxious whining" when people here point out the flaws the GT pre order prototype literally has.
No one said that anyone has to agree or that people buying this are stupid or whatever. Its still just people pointing out the flaws.
But its totally okay to mock these people just because "yeah but i dont care if its accurate". "lol these nerds"

Thats a way better discussion level, right? Great attitude. Thumbs up.

Yeah, its "obnoxious whining" when people here point out the flaws the GT pre order prototype literally has.
No one said that anyone has to agree or that people buying this are stupid or whatever. Its still just people pointing out the flaws.
But its totally okay to mock these people just because "yeah but i dont care if its accurate". "lol these nerds"

Thats a way better discussion level, right? Great attitude. Thumbs up.
There's nothing wrong with criticism.

It's when it gets to the point where people are downplaying GameToys effort saying it's a subpar sculpt (as you did) and that it's a big failure compared to their other sculpts when NONE of their sculpts so far have been 1/1 100% perfect. Sorry but you're in the wrong hobby to be expecting that.

Not to mention, people are saying this crap when the inaccuracies are quite literally the eyebrows and the lips being 1mm off. It's bizarre and just comes off rude more than anything.

Last edited:
Ohmagawd.. Bruh🤦🏾‍♂️ Homegirl literally comes out in over a year from now.. Boss is wayyy too much of a perfectionist to just let her sit there looking the same throughout all that time.. Just deal with the lil promos and just think of it as "let's just get her out for preorder so they'll have to no longer wait for that at least. While she's in queue for release, we'll be touching her up left and right the same way we did Cloud and the rest while releasing and teasing other great characters they'd love to see.".. Like damn y'all go "Where's Zack? Where's Tifa? Where's Cloud?" then when we finally get some stuff about em "ugh, what is this disappointment..? GT is better than this.. Wahhh wahhh".. Chill and wait and be happy ya finally got her on preorder and now we're on to the next one.. If you're that upset, cancel it. I'm not ordering anything that's gonna keep me complaining for bout 3 days straight..🤦🏾‍♂️

It's when it gets to the point where people are downplaying GameToys effort saying it's a subpar sculpt and that it's a big failure compared to their other sculpts when NONE of their sculpts so far have been perfect.

Not to mention, people are saying this crap when the inaccuracies are quite literally the eyebrows and the lips being 1mm off. It's bizarre and just comes off rude more than anything.
On gawddd👌🏾👏🏾

Either your comments here are being made inherently in bad faith, or you truly can’t discern legitimate criticism from cynical martyrism. Either way, you must be reeeal fun at parties.
And again, totally missing the point.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is this Tifa's estimated release date 2023 or 2024? I saw two different years from different sites. Although her more neutral face is pretty good, I do agree that a full on smiling Tifa would be better. From what I understand, the creator of the GT headsculpts is open to suggestions so that's why Tifa's official pre-order announcement got delayed by over a year since we started hearing about her being the next character in development. Maybe there's still hope that he'll give her this one final adjustment to give her face a happier expression. Personally, I believe that it's ok to delay the release of something if it's going to make the product the best that it could be so. Everything else, especially the body, seems to be already perfect! Just a happier facial expression would make everything the definitive Tifa of all. Or, maybe he can make two headsculpts, one meant for a smiling Tifa, the other meant for a more serious, battle-ready Tifa.

Is this Tifa's estimated release date 2023 or 2024? I saw two different years from different sites. Although her more neutral face is pretty good, I do agree that a full on smiling Tifa would be better. From what I understand, the creator of the GT headsculpts is open to suggestions so that's why Tifa's official pre-order announcement got delayed by over a year since we started hearing about her being the next character in development. Maybe there's still hope that he'll give her this one final adjustment to give her face a happier expression. Personally, I believe that it's ok to delay the release of something if it's going to make the product the best that it could be so. Everything else, especially the body, seems to be already perfect! Just a happier facial expression would make everything the definitive Tifa of all. Or, maybe he can make two headsculpts, one meant for a smiling Tifa, the other meant for a more serious, battle-ready Tifa.
Considering her hair supposedly comes apart to exchange the long hair with a ponytail, I think another HS would have been a great choice. A smiling face would have been fantastic. I'm also curious about the release date. I think Q3-Q4 2024 seems a little bit far considering her clothing is quite simple, same with her HS... maybe the construction of the body? I thought I heard Walter mention her release would be in 2023. Giantoy says 2023 and OSK says 2024. I wonder which it is.

Considering her hair supposedly comes apart to exchange the long hair with a ponytail, I think another HS would have been a great choice. A smiling face would have been fantastic. I'm also curious about the release date. I think Q3-Q4 2024 seems a little bit far considering her clothing is quite simple, same with her HS... maybe the construction of the body? I thought I heard Walter mention her release would be in 2023. Giantoy says 2023 and OSK says 2024. I wonder which it is.
I would think she be release 2024 since we almost to July and still waiting for AC cloud, and after that there still death note set to be release

Would actually be really cool, but I never saw the actual product, just these promos in an article. Is it really that bad?
I wouldn't say bad, I think everyone have different opinions what tifa look like but the actual and promo is a bit different

Got those in hand pictures off Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20230622_183246.jpg
    IMG_20230622_183246.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230622_183234.jpg
    IMG_20230622_183234.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2023-06-22-18-39-46-51_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-22-18-39-46-51_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2023-06-22-18-39-56-09_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-22-18-39-56-09_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I wouldn't say bad, I think everyone have different opinions what tifa look like but the actual and promo is a bit different

Got those in hand pictures off Twitter
Tragic lol, Tifa is single-handedly the hardest character to capture in physical 3D form compared to her 3D digital form.

It's when it gets to the point where people are downplaying GameToys effort saying it's a subpar sculpt (as you did) and that it's a big failure compared to their other sculpts when NONE of their sculpts so far have been 1/1 100% perfect. Sorry but you're in the wrong hobby to be expecting that.

How exactly is this rude? How am i or anybody else exactly attacking anybody? We are posting edited pictures and pointing out why we think
it doesnt look right. Thats literally it. Did i say anything about you guys being blind or that this whole thing is ****? Did i attack the GT boss or walter?
No i didnt. That big failure comment wasnt even me. But for some reason its supposed to be a way better discussion quality level
if we post meme pictures and gifs, just to block off these concerns.
Why are we defending some third party company?

If you dont agree with the discussion about the flaws, then who is forcing you to take part in the discussion?
Buy the thing and in the best case scenario, it will look exactly like that, done.
You bought the product, you dont agree about the flaws, you think its fine. Okay. Nowhere did i say that you have to agree with me.
But whats the problem about people pointing out what they dont like? What does it matter to you? It doesnt change the thing you bought at all. Zero.

Yeah okay ... no negative comments. Then lets say ... yeah her outfit looks great. Ok, nice discussion, nice thread.
See you at release in 2024.

Back