Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold my Zack, this hand/body staining problem is really disappointing. I could see some of these stains in the neck area, chin and both arms near the joint. Hopefully GT will learn and improve on their future FFVII releases. If someday they release the Rebirth version of Zack, I'll buy him again.

Last edited:
How did you take it off and how will you put it back properly with the harness built in? I imagine that’s why people are apprehensive
With the arms and head coming off it’s quite easy to take off, the shoulder harness moves over enough to not impede it.

As for putting it back on, do it in reverse. When the shirt bunches up at the belt use a narrow but rigid card stock (~1cm) to poke it under, once some of the shirt is through it’s easy to pull the rest through.
8A5332BE-01E9-4708-B3EE-024B12FCF741.jpeg

For anyone wanting to prevent further staining.View attachment 600523
For my HT Obi Wan, Anakin and Qui Gon's robe, it took me 15 washes (each) to be completely rid of the excess dye. After the 6th wash I thought the robes had an unlimited supply of excess dye and almost gave up.

Anw my point is, it may take more than 3-4 washes to be rid of the excess dye.

Sorry but it's not normal that we have to do the necessary for these stains.
What does quality control do?

Undressing the figure, washing his clothes (Apparently several washes) and struggling to put them back on is clearly not normal.

Personally I won't try to do that, I hate undressing or handling my figures too much, we shouldn't have to do that especially considering the price we pay.

No, the only possible solution is for Gametoys to come out with replacement arms, that would calm down the anger a bit because it's just not acceptable.

In any case it really s*cks for the Cloud AC, which we will not be able to remove the arms ...

With the arms and head coming off it’s quite easy to take off, the shoulder harness moves over enough to not impede it.

As for putting it back on, do it in reverse. When the shirt bunches up at the belt use a narrow but rigid card stock (~1cm) to poke it under, once some of the shirt is through it’s easy to pull the rest through. View attachment 600522
were you able to get the harness to sit flat? I have not been able to on mine.

It's a shame Zack bodies are staining, but even with all this I can't say I'm overly worried about AC Cloud. Worst case scenario, the top needs washed a few times. It'll be easier to remove than Zack's since it only has the one pauldron and has a zipper.

For my HT Obi Wan, Anakin and Qui Gon's robe, it took me 15 washes (each) to be completely rid of the excess dye. After the 6th wash I thought the robes had an unlimited supply of excess dye and almost gave up.

Anw my point is, it may take more than 3-4 washes to be rid of the excess dye.
Barely any dye came out on this (at least for my copy), there were also no stains on the jointed arms that were already attached. I’m not sure it’s nearly as bad as those robes. I suspect it won’t be as bad for the second body, being slightly lighter coloured shirt.

It's a shame Zack bodies are staining, but even with all this I can't say I'm overly worried about AC Cloud. Worst case scenario, the top needs washed a few times. It'll be easier to remove than Zack's since it only has the one pauldron and has a zipper.
Yep, not worth stressing about when it’s that easy to fix as a consumer. Considering the testing they’re doing on the AC body they’re probably also checking the clothes won’t leech any dye onto it.

Sorry but it's not normal that we have to do the necessary for these stains.
What does quality control do?

Undressing the figure, washing his clothes (Apparently several washes) and struggling to put them back on is clearly not normal.

Personally I won't try to do that, I hate undressing or handling my figures too much, we shouldn't have to do that especially considering the price we pay.

No, the only possible solution is for Gametoys to come out with replacement arms, that would calm down the anger a bit because it's just not acceptable.

In any case it really s*cks for the Cloud AC, which we will not be able to remove the arms ...
Replacement arms won’t fix the problem though, because those will just stain later anyway.

Treating the fabric (either with detergent or - iirc - vinegar) to make sure it doesn’t bleed really isn’t a HUGE problem. Yeah, GT should issue out replacement arms because they really messed up on this one, but ultimately color fasting a shirt is a low-impact resolution to ensure that the fix STAYS fixed for you esp since it hardly sound like a struggle to take off or put back on the shirt.

One day someone will remember to double check their 1/6 black garments….

It’s weird how people get when they buy figures vs statues.

1:6 Figures have clothes, hair, and other crap that might be washed, or fixed, or have product put in to get the most out of it. But I still like having the choice of posing and accessorizing. If that means washing their clothes to rinse out dye, or buying hair product to make a figure not look like a raggedy Barbie, I’m fine with that, since that’s sort of the expectation at this scale.

Otherwise, buy some bring arts or a statue or something easier to maintain.

I've just received my Zack's 2nd body from Gundamit, 1st order from them and...
Is this a joke!!!? :censored
View attachment 600568
View attachment 600569

Could've just been a simple label like Sideshow do with their HT, but that's a bit excessive. I'd be annoyed too, but I'd have to suck it up. I like keeping the outer because, well, it has an image on it... if it was just a boring carton, fine. But GT add the character hint, I like it, it's cool...

Just use a blow dryer and heat up the tape to remove it. Probably will have residual sticky stuff where the tape was. Just a brown box anyways.

Don't think there's a date but I think Walter said next drop is going to be death note

It’s weird how people get when they buy figures vs statues.

1:6 Figures have clothes, hair, and other crap that might be washed, or fixed, or have product put in to get the most out of it. But I still like having the choice of posing and accessorizing. If that means washing their clothes to rinse out dye, or buying hair product to make a figure not look like a raggedy Barbie, I’m fine with that, since that’s sort of the expectation at this scale.

Otherwise, buy some bring arts or a statue or something easier to maintain.
Surprise surprise, even static or PAK figures paints run too if stored in not so great conditions, and most of these figures travel through boats so that means a period of high humidity plus fluctuating temperatures.

Back