Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know right now, I do regret not buying GameToys Cloud and Sephiroth when I had the chance. Back then, I was waiting for the Bring Arts FF7 Remake toys (not the Play Arts Kai version). I'm mostly a 6 inch scale toy collector and I have only a handful of 1/6 scale toys, so I thought if I bought the 1/6 scale Cloud and Sephiroth, they wouldn't have anyone to fight lol! Oh well, I'll be happy with GameToys Tifa and Aerith because they look awesome!

It still makes me wonder what ever happened to the Bring Arts FF7 Remake toys though, there's simply no word about them anymore.

Bring Arts and Play Arts shouldn't be compared to 1/6 scale figures, they are for a different group of collectors with different needs. It should also be noted that PAK do not have a set scale so it varies from series to series. Though there's also series where they screw up the scaling within so bad it's laughable.

That being said, these PAK figures are more sturdy and stand up to more user abuse than 1/6 scale figures. Just look in this thread and see how many collectors have split Clouds rubber arm already? You wouldn't run into those problem with most PAK except for loose joints which frankly speaking, applies to most figures with wear and tear.

It's good that we are getting a good representation of FF7 characters in different formats. Personally I was fine with PAK Cloud and Co because they are the only figures you can get then but now that a more accurate version + scale that I usually collect is out in the market I do not wish to continue with PAK since they don't fit in my display.

You know right now, I do regret not buying GameToys Cloud and Sephiroth when I had the chance. Back then, I was waiting for the Bring Arts FF7 Remake toys (not the Play Arts Kai version). I'm mostly a 6 inch scale toy collector and I have only a handful of 1/6 scale toys, so I thought if I bought the 1/6 scale Cloud and Sephiroth, they wouldn't have anyone to fight lol! Oh well, I'll be happy with GameToys Tifa and Aerith because they look awesome!

It still makes me wonder what ever happened to the Bring Arts FF7 Remake toys though, there's simply no word about them anymore.

Were Bring Arts FF7 ever teased/shown off? I used to collect primarily 6", too, and I was always wishing they'd do 6" versions but I never saw anything that suggested they would. I dropped their PAK line immediately once Cloud and Barret came out to be practically the same height, way too much money for these things to not look good on a shelf standing next to each other.

Were Bring Arts FF7 ever teased/shown off? I used to collect primarily 6", too, and I was always wishing they'd do 6" versions but I never saw anything that suggested they would. I dropped their PAK line immediately once Cloud and Barret came out to be practically the same height, way too much money for these things to not look good on a shelf standing next to each other.
Oh man, that's embarrassing. I didn't know PAK Cloud was the same height as Barret :lol I stopped collecting PAK after Sephiroth. Cloud highly disappointed me, especially now considering they've made a "new and improved" version. Sephiroth looked great from the get-go. So many questions for SE right now...

Still hoping some other company decides to make 1/6 Barret if Gametoys doesn't. Would be great to have the full gang :)

Last edited:
To my knowledge no, which is a huge shame. I wonder if they're continuing with PAK exclusively with 7R since they know the market are prepared to pay higher purely because it's FF, and FF7 in particular. They're certainly not above thinking like that, look at the P1 Terra statue as an example.

Bring Arts and Play Arts shouldn't be compared to 1/6 scale figures, they are for a different group of collectors with different needs. It should also be noted that PAK do not have a set scale so it varies from series to series. Though there's also series where they screw up the scaling within so bad it's laughable.

That being said, these PAK figures are more sturdy and stand up to more user abuse than 1/6 scale figures. Just look in this thread and see how many collectors have split Clouds rubber arm already? You wouldn't run into those problem with most PAK except for loose joints which frankly speaking, applies to most figures with wear and tear.

It's good that we are getting a good representation of FF7 characters in different formats. Personally I was fine with PAK Cloud and Co because they are the only figures you can get then but now that a more accurate version + scale that I usually collect is out in the market I do not wish to continue with PAK since they don't fit in my display.
I think they should be compared given the ridiculous prices they try and charge for them.

I think they should be compared given the ridiculous prices they try and charge for them.
The main reason why I don't think we should compare them is because of the intentions behind the figure, PAKs are mostly PVC with little to no mixed media and is meant as a toy figure first (like GI Joe toys but blown up in size) that looks mostly like it's intended character (with inputs from the lead artist of said figure). You don't have to worry about Sephiroth leather bdsm jacket disintegrating in PAKs because they are molded in soft PVC or even paint fading because most are already molded in correct color outright with little to no paint correction.

One sixth scale figures are mixed media, different scales and meant as a scaled down statue with movable joints. Depending on material used you have to worry about how it would stand up to passage of time, such as paint fading or even pleather disintegration.

It also wouldn't be fair to compare prices because Square Enix can charge whatever they want and consumers are free to purchase, or not. I stopped after the whole Tifa issue and I know many others having similar thoughts about the series in general but I wouldnt compare it with Game Toys just because of the price. Until Square Enix comes up with its own sixth scale figure I would think each format stands on its own for different reasons.

To give an example, Its like comparing Evangelion revoltech figures with threezero figures of the same license and expecting similar posability, details and playability due to similar price point. Or even comparing a Prime 1 statue to Sixth scale manufacturers and crying foul that the statues are much more expensive for no articulation and sometimes even details.

Ultimately, your wallets should be doing the answer if you are not satisfied with the quality.

Few more characters I'd love by GT.❤

Attachments

• fca92bac2a63dc9264d80ea56e00d094.jpg
    fca92bac2a63dc9264d80ea56e00d094.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
  • maxresdefault-12.jpg
    maxresdefault-12.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Barret_AC_2007_Art.jpg
    Barret_AC_2007_Art.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Nier Automata trio by GT would be a dream. Great characters restricted to crappy PAK and Bring Arts.
Took the words right out of my mouth.. I'm currently building them all using custom or unpainted headsculpts, super duck costumes and TBL bodies...... and it's not the best lol. Judging by Sephiroth's wing alone, a GT 2B and her outfit would be amazing!

Attachments

• received_555329789073791.jpeg
    received_555329789073791.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 0
You don't have to worry about Sephiroth leather bdsm jacket disintegrating
Hahahaha, this line got me 😂😂😂 but not the leather/pleather issue again, noooo... I really don't think it's of concern. I can't say for sure that it won't disintegrate, but I have a 1/6 scale jacket of very similar, if not the same, material that I've had since 2015 and there are no signs of cracking/peeling anywhere. Maybe 7 years isn't long enough, or maybe my weather conditions in Canada keep the pleather long-lasting. But I think people shouldn't avoid purchasing Sephiroth simply because of his pleather jacket. Besides, we know GT boss is ocd, he would hate to see Sephiroth's jacket peeling away on his shelf, so I'm sure he used quality materials.

Hahahaha, this line got me 😂😂😂 but not the leather/pleather issue again, noooo... I really don't think it's of concern. I can't say for sure that it won't disintegrate, but I have a 1/6 scale jacket of very similar, if not the same, material that I've had since 2015 and there are no signs of cracking/peeling anywhere. Maybe 7 years isn't long enough, or maybe my weather conditions in Canada keep the pleather long-lasting. But I think people shouldn't avoid purchasing Sephiroth simply because of his pleather jacket. Besides, we know GT boss is ocd, he would hate to see Sephiroth's jacket peeling away on his shelf, so I'm sure he used quality materials.
Don't worry, I'm using it as an example of material used where there's a potential one material will not last longer than the other purely due to it's nature.

Earlier in the thread I have mentioned that Sephiroth's leather is leather but definitely not top grain material. You just have to use the same kind of maintenance you would do for your own leather products and handle with care.

And just to be clear, I'm not defending Square Enix PAKs, I have been similarly burnt by their recent releases and shoddy workmanships but at the same time you cannot really directly compare them to sixth scale figures which is an entirely different league altogether. If anything, it's just disappointment that Japanese companies in general are very adverse to changes and have often adopted a 'I know more than you do' kind of attitude, which holds true to Square Enix given that there's a demand for official sixth scale figures and they feel PAKs are enough representation of their own products.

Just look at Medicom and their line of action figures (Real Action Hero, RAH), remember that at one point they are considered the pinnacle of sixth scale figure releases purely due to the amount of licenses they hold from Japanese gaming companies, but their releases remained stagnant against a fast rising Hot Toys in terms of price, quality, workmanship and most importantly, durability. Most of the Medicom figures can't even be called action figures because they don't last in terms of durability and often more than not starts to disintegrate or break at joints area due to poor material used.

Don't worry, I'm using it as an example of material used where there's a potential one material will not last longer than the other purely due to it's nature.

Earlier in the thread I have mentioned that Sephiroth's leather is leather but definitely not top grain material. You just have to use the same kind of maintenance you would do for your own leather products and handle with care.

And just to be clear, I'm not defending Square Enix PAKs, I have been similarly burnt by their recent releases and shoddy workmanships but at the same time you cannot really directly compare them to sixth scale figures which is an entirely different league altogether. If anything, it's just disappointment that Japanese companies in general are very adverse to changes and have often adopted a 'I know more than you do' kind of attitude, which holds true to Square Enix given that there's a demand for official sixth scale figures and they feel PAKs are enough representation of their own products.

Just look at Medicom and their line of action figures (Real Action Hero, RAH), remember that at one point they are considered the pinnacle of sixth scale figure releases purely due to the amount of licenses they hold from Japanese gaming companies, but their releases remained stagnant against a fast rising Hot Toys in terms of price, quality, workmanship and most importantly, durability. Most of the Medicom figures can't even be called action figures because they don't last in terms of durability and often more than not starts to disintegrate or break at joints area due to poor material used.
Ah, not Medicom 🥲 My poor, poor, Medicom Edward Elric stands in a static pose, afraid to move him, and he's had a body replacement once already. 😂 I think if PAK saw the same kind of quality/likeness as Figma, there would be no issue, but of course with their colossal size, they're unable to give them that type of quality for under $200 😂 I'm not sure what else to say about PAK, but I'm just happy I've found home in 1/6 collecting. Issues are seldom seen with such a large scale.

I liked the Bring Arts FFIX line (still need to finish it with a non awful price for Beatrix and Freya) so I was hoping they would do more FF casts but I guess that didn’t work out well.

But damn a 1/6 Vincent (be it VII classic or DoC/AC) would make me so happy I’d vomit

I think if PAK saw the same kind of quality/likeness as Figma, there would be no issue, but of course with their colossal size, they're unable to give them that type of quality for under $200
Oh they could, but they would charge more than 200$, they gouge so much the workers in their China factories were printing bootlegs on the sly to sell on ebay for a fraction of the price, like 20-60$ depending on the license. It's really slimy compared to almost every other company on the market, I'll never buy another PAK again or any square product to be honest.

And Crisis Core: Reunion

Not quite as good looking I think, as they’re putting it on every console including Switch

PAK really trying to keep us in..😭

Attachments

• 251ffe37b295783f5b459662706558e4_1920_KR.jpg
    251ffe37b295783f5b459662706558e4_1920_KR.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 49bcac72b3bb0bdbb1634542af9fea8f_1920_KR.jpg
    49bcac72b3bb0bdbb1634542af9fea8f_1920_KR.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 0
Back