Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timely Release, Quality, Price

Pick 2.

Zack is not just a single release too, there are various difference like his early Soldier days outfit that needs to be produced. That's 2 headsculpts that needs to be produced for every order.

Coupled with many minor changes such as different Buster Sword, additional Soldier issued Sword and pauldrons, it's going to take some time for the production to be done.

Besides, there's also a chance they are not using the same body as Cloud because he is slightly taller than Cloud in most media so they would have to scale up the uniform/weapons accordingly.

Last edited:
Timely Release, Quality, Price

Pick 2.

Zack is not just a single release too, there are various difference like his early Soldier days outfit that needs to be produced. That's 2 headsculpts that needs to be produced for every order.

Coupled with many minor changes such as different Buster Sword, additional Soldier issued Sword and pauldrons, it's going to take some time for the production to be done.

Besides, there's also a chance they are not using the same body as Cloud because he is slightly taller than Cloud in most media so they would have to scale up the uniform/weapons accordingly.
the other outfit is literally the same pattern with a different color. They've already designed the buster sword and other accessories to be mass produced, tends to go hand in hand with having a prototype ready, doubly so when you have production samples. It's pretty obvious they weren't using the same body as Cloud, and again, already have the bodies ready to go, there were shots earlier in the thread.

the other outfit is literally the same pattern with a different color. They've already designed the buster sword and other accessories to be mass produced, tends to go hand in hand with having a prototype ready, doubly so when you have production samples. It's pretty obvious they weren't using the same body as Cloud, and again, already have the bodies ready to go, there were shots earlier in the thread.
And all these factors do not require further checks down the production line to make sure it doesn't get screwed up somewhere?

These are common delays in this hobby. Even Hot Toys and Prime 1 can't keep up with their own production so what makes you think the rest of the third party companies can produce timely products especially with the current situation?

In this hobby, I just order the things I want and then forget about them until I get the invoice.
That is the best way honestly.

This is just a hobby (albeit one that requires some waiting and at times, expensive). Place an order, forget about it and come back to the threads after it is released and you have it in your hands. It can even be a surprise too if there's a waiting period.

I treat most of my purchases in this hobby as a Christmas gift whenever it's released and it does significantly makes me happier when I finally received it.

And all these factors do not require further checks down the production line to make sure it doesn't get screwed up somewhere?

These are common delays in this hobby. Even Hot Toys and Prime 1 can't keep up with their own production so what makes you think the rest of the third party companies can produce timely products especially with the current situation?
those companies work with different volume and have to wait for licensor approval, completely different.

those companies work with different volume and have to wait for licensor approval, completely different.
You have the data on volume? I give you on the licensor approval but that is only an issue amongst the rest of the possible production issues companies run into. That would mean third party companies like Game Toys have to stay under the radar and avoid any further scrutiny by offical licensors especially the amount of noise it made for their successful first 2 releases plus the oversold pre-orders for AC Cloud.

I mean, you can continuing whinging about it and I'm sure the company will hear you and do something or just wait for the arrival and be happy about it.

Your choice really.

And this is why most figure companies do not share their production details/progress pictures publicly because it invites unncessary scrutiny and unwanted expectations that progress is moving along and to expect the final product anytime soon. I appreciate companies like Game Toys sharing their progress on the private chat but I think collectors should also temper their expectations.

Last edited:
I had an aftermarket Cloud on my eBay watchlist for a while and finally caved in 😅 It truly is a spectacular figure, almost like a high end statue when it’s set on that display stand. After a 3 year long hiatus from collecting and not having had much enthusiasm for collectibles (on account of some personal problems), this one has reignited my interest.

34615707-EF1F-4310-BFD1-6BC163667E48.jpeg

F7D8D941-C366-44B3-8A01-24C066E71028.jpeg

6FAD7DC3-2058-4983-8C91-726F81B63AC2.jpeg

D049270E-D6F3-46FC-8E6C-6DA8C6168D7F.jpeg

I had an aftermarket Cloud on my eBay watchlist for a while and finally caved in 😅 It truly is a spectacular figure, almost like a high end statue when it’s set on that display stand. After a 3 year long hiatus from collecting and not having had much enthusiasm for collectibles (on account of some personal problems), this one has reignited my interest.

View attachment 583233
View attachment 583234
View attachment 583235
View attachment 583236
I’ve got all of those little polygon figures too, would make a cool display having the whole cast lined up with those matched to their remake figures.

I’ve got all of those little polygon figures too, would make a cool display having the whole cast lined up with those matched to their remake figures.
Those polygon figures are great! I don't think I'll ever get the GameToys Sephiroth though, too much pleather. I've had a bad experience with my HT T800 outfit disintegrating and have had to buy a third party replacement. Sephiroth's coat is so integral to his look, I don't think I could cope with it eventually falling apart. Same reason why I've avoided the HT Darth Vader.

Those polygon figures are great! I don't think I'll ever get the GameToys Sephiroth though, too much pleather. I've had a bad experience with my HT T800 outfit disintegrating and have had to buy a third party replacement. Sephiroth's coat is so integral to his look, I don't think I could cope with it eventually falling apart. Same reason why I've avoided the HT Darth Vader.
It's not pleather is it? All of the listings stated leather.

It's not pleather is it? All of the listings stated leather.
It's leather but definitely not full or top grain. You can apply a layer of leather protectant or even 303 if you are worried about the degradation (by that I mean scratches/cuts) over time.

It's basically how you would maintain leather products and most importantly not to handle it like it's a toy for 3 years old.

It's leather but definitely not full or top grain. You can apply a layer of leather protectant or even 303 if you are worried about the degradation (by that I mean scratches/cuts) over time.

It's basically how you would maintain leather products and most importantly not to handle it like it's a toy for 3 years old.
You’re making it hard to resist temptation!

well,i guess some people doesn't understand the process of making figure. the preorder picture that we saw are the best version shown. what normal company do is try to make the mass production product (which is mass produced by factory- non pro figure artist)resemble the the prototype.

gametoys tend to outbest their preorder prototype figure if possible. which we can see in cloud RE. final product is better than the prototype.

below are the step of making a figure which shared by the boss
(roughly the step,sorry if some step are not correct)

outsource factory normally will said:ya,we can meet your expectation.
but in most case that we saw the final product quality is just normal.

gt built 3d file,invent new body,follow the scale proportion,build headsculpt, send to painting artist for paint,revise3-5times until the prototype is finalize.

then go discuss with factory ,whether they can mass produce it. take few sample product from factory.revise it again,until final sample are ok.

then start preorder.

during mass production,each parts require constant quality control. if some batch parts are rejected,will require revise and redo. example:cloths colour,how is the tpe body final colour when comeout from mold,headsculpt paint(which require few step of painting procedure).
below are some screenshoot that gt boss revising the head sculpt painting with the factory,like the size of eyes retina. i believe he said that he keep revising the painting 5-6 times.

he can just approve it without caring the quality but thats just not gt style.
He just want us to get the best version figure that he could make.

This is really a simple thinking,gt could just make the final product resemble up to 80-90% compare to the prototype shown. why delay it?
To give a better QUALITY figure.

I sure every figure company dont want to delay the release date.
but as a buyer,if we can understand the flowchart of making figure,perhaps we can understand why figure release date are delayed.

if you guys are desperate enough and not willing to wait any longer,you always can sell the preorder to someone,instant sold in china. and go buy the vts zack.

oh wait ,vts zack still not released yet, and their preorder is early than gt. lol

give and take guys. quality require time.

Attachments

• 0CD03BF2-40F0-4799-B3A6-CC9D152599A6.jpeg
    0CD03BF2-40F0-4799-B3A6-CC9D152599A6.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 086EA101-80D1-4849-8C42-B6B2F01CD7C5.jpeg
    086EA101-80D1-4849-8C42-B6B2F01CD7C5.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 6D63602F-0B61-4ABC-A2A8-7FC75D91EC48.jpeg
    6D63602F-0B61-4ABC-A2A8-7FC75D91EC48.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
well,i guess some people doesn't understand the process of making figure. the preorder picture that we saw are the best version shown. what normal company do is try to make the mass production product (which is mass produced by factory- non pro figure artist)resemble the the prototype.

gametoys tend to outbest their preorder prototype figure if possible. which we can see in cloud RE. final product is better than the prototype.

gt built 3d file,invent new body,follow the scale proportion,build headsculpt, send to painting artist for paint,revise3-5times until the prototype is finalize.

then go discuss with factory ,whether they can mass produce it. take few sample product from factory.revise it again,until final sample are ok.

then start preorder.

during mass production,each parts require constant quality control. if some batch parts are rejected,will require revise and redo. example:cloths colour,how is the tpe body final colour when comeout from mold,headsculpt paint(which require few step of painting procedure).
below are some screenshoot that gt boss revising the head sculpt painting with the factory,like the size of eyes retina. i believe he said that he keep revising the painting 5-6 times.

This is really a simple thinking,gt could just make the final product resemble up to 80-90% compare to the prototype shown. why delay it?

but as a buyer,if we can understand the flowchart of making figure,perhaps we can understand why figure release date are delayed.

if you guys are desperate enough and not willing to wait any longer,you always can sell the preorder to someone,instant sold in china. and go buy the vts zack.

oh wait ,vts zack still not released yet, and their preorder is early than gt. lol

Thanks so much for explaining in such depth, Walter! I myself am just going to wait patiently, as truly it doesn't matter to me if Zack is released this month or the next few, I will just be so, SO happy to finally receive him! He's my favourite Final Fantasy character and I'll probably cry opening the box. :lol I admire GT's compassion for delivering the best figure possible, their work is truly amazing and of course worth the wait!! I'm sorry if we sound impatient in this thread. I for one will not be mentioning further about Zack's release, but I would love to know when we are able to secure our Tifa!! :love
And please no, keep the VTS Zack away from this thread :rotfl

edit: wait a minute! I thought that last picture was a repeat picture, but if you look closely... Light has been replaced by Tifa!!! :horror

Last edited:

then start preorder.

Very well explained. There are a lot of impatient people in this hobby. It's good for them to have info like this.

On another note, man I would love to have that Body for several other figures. Namely Asmus DMC3 Dante. I wonder if GT intends to sell it separately after putting so much work into it.

Back