Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the Square store the new figures are $189.99. I like the but they were overpriced at $155. $190 is a lot for these. I'm stuck because I want the rest of the party and the two remaining Turks so I'll probably pay that price but it hurts.
I understand that, my friend! I really wanted a PAK Tseng. But ever since GT started taking over the world, I've been VERY hesitant with any other of my PAK purchases besides the NieR line lol

Oh they could, but they would charge more than 200$, they gouge so much the workers in their China factories were printing bootlegs on the sly to sell on ebay for a fraction of the price, like 20-60$ depending on the license. It's really slimy compared to almost every other company on the market, I'll never buy another PAK again or any square product to be honest.
Tell me you don't know bootlegs production without telling me.

You do know that those bootleg PAKs are recast versions of the originals and more often than not suffers even worse joint/paint issues than the originals? Almost every figure and toys have their own knockoff versions out there and they are never going to look as good as the originals because they are cutting a lot of corners to rinse quick bucks. Just look at the bootleg version of Hot Toys Spider-man, looks literally like Spoder-man.

And to be technical about it... Game Toys is bootleg. But since they are the best choice we have in terms of accurate representation of the characters it is what it is.

On the Square store the new figures are $189.99. I like the but they were overpriced at $155. $190 is a lot for these. I'm stuck because I want the rest of the party and the two remaining Turks so I'll probably pay that price but it hurts.
Will be interesting to see how Game Toys handle white shirts yellowing when they get around to doing the Turks.

Tell me you don't know bootlegs production without telling me.
I do, try not being so smug when you have little knowledge.
You do know that those bootleg PAKs are recast versions of the originals and more often than not suffers even worse joint/paint issues than the originals?
MGS PAK especially were cast offs that didn't pass QC, some suspected they were reprinted, not all of them were just recasts. From what I knew, wasn't limited to just them.
Almost every figure and toys have their own knockoff versions out there and they are never going to look as good as the originals because they are cutting a lot of corners to rinse quick bucks. Just look at the bootleg version of Hot Toys Spider-man, looks literally like Spoder-man.
You don't know **** about second hand market, you took your one experience of the hobby and painted in broad strokes. Not every figure is a straight recast repro, in fact things liek figma regularly get "bootlegs" on ebay or after markets like aliexpress. QC defects or minor imperfactions. With PAK some figures were a little bit different, few freinds of mine owned some PAK "bootlegs" and they were identical to the real thing minus loose hands and knee joints.

I do, try not being so smug when you have little knowledge.

MGS PAK especially were cast offs that didn't pass QC, some suspected they were reprinted, not all of them were just recasts. From what I knew, wasn't limited to just them.

You don't know **** about second hand market, you took your one experience of the hobby and painted in broad strokes. Not every figure is a straight recast repro, in fact things liek figma regularly get "bootlegs" on ebay or after markets like aliexpress. QC defects or minor imperfactions. With PAK some figures were a little bit different, few freinds of mine owned some PAK "bootlegs" and they were identical to the real thing minus loose hands and knee joints.
Sure thing buddy. I guess that's enough talking about this topic before it degenerates into I have been in this for XX years and how many figures each of us owned etc just to make some internet points.

Last edited:
PAK really trying to keep us in..😭
They also have that soldier thingy variant XD
-EDIT-

Price and release date:
September 2023
¥49,280
--------
Daz it! pass. hahah!

Attachments

• 288493111_1019999988906282_8602763941256469695_n.jpg
    288493111_1019999988906282_8602763941256469695_n.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 288596086_1020023208903960_7363512764902115956_n.jpg
    288596086_1020023208903960_7363512764902115956_n.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 287667181_1020023175570630_8502981491960048862_n.jpg
    287667181_1020023175570630_8502981491960048862_n.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oh they could, but they would charge more than 200$, they gouge so much the workers in their China factories were printing bootlegs on the sly to sell on ebay for a fraction of the price, like 20-60$ depending on the license. It's really slimy compared to almost every other company on the market, I'll never buy another PAK again or any square product to be honest.
Ohhhh, that explains something. Years back, after the release of the very limited, exclusive Final Form Sora PAK, I found them on Aliexpress of identical quality, so I bought two! I always thought somehow they were "extras" from the factory, because I can easily tell a bootleg from an original. And these guys are as good, if not better quality than some of my official PAK (I'm looking at you Noctis)
Thanks for the confirmation on the topic.

20220616_225332.jpg

Ohhhh, that explains something. Years back, after the release of the very limited, exclusive Final Form Sora PAK, I found them on Aliexpress of identical quality, so I bought two! I always thought somehow they were "extras" from the factory, because I can easily tell a bootleg from an original. And these guys are as good, if not better quality than some of my official PAK (I'm looking at you Noctis)

View attachment 583804
Wow a big SE fan.

View attachment 583804
yeah, there were quite a few going around, I think they changed factories at some point, or maybe they stole the molds? I have no idea, I just know they were basically the real deal at reasonable prices and it wasn't straight bootlegs. I only know about the MGS and whatever figures were produced around that time.

I know SAS and figma had similar problems at the time. Factory production types being leaked, or sold, found out about new figures that hadn't been approved yet even alike [The Hand]...wasn't as bad as square Enix's leaks though.

bootleg means one company copy another company figure,design,packaging ,100% but at a lower cost,low quality.

i wont said gt is bootleg, more to 3rd party.
basically they build from 0 to something without copying from someone(dint have others 1/6 scale ff series figure for them to copy).

maybe i will try to explain the “bootleg”version of pak later,based on my knowledge.

and yeah, ff7cc remastered ftw.

View attachment 583804
They are not extras, just stolen molds or leaked molds from the main manufacturer, it happens with a few series but it has clamped down considerably since. This also happened in scale modeling too where molds are leaked out and the bootlegs companies used and modify it to produce their own variants.

The newer PAKs are mostly recasts now.

They also have that soldier thingy variant XD
-EDIT-

Price and release date:
September 2023
¥49,280
--------
Daz it! pass. hahah!
Don't get me wrong.. It looks pretty darn good! But I can't do it.. I think I'm done ordering after PAK Yuffie and Kainé. I honestly think maybe they're just bad at making female characters judging by their Dress Aerith, Dress Tifa, Tifa and Jessie, my goodness.. Roche and the guards may be great, but I can't keep giving lots of my money to HALF good stuff. One side of my collection looks pretty good and accurate, then my other side looks like lifeless and inaccurate cosplay characters lol. Pass as well, my friend.

Square wants 190 USD + shipping for this static 1/7 scale that looks like it's covered in oil. Makes GT Cloud look like a bargain.

FVbGavIVEAA_14D.jpg

bootleg means one company copy another company figure,design,packaging ,100% but at a lower cost,low quality.

basically they build from 0 to something without copying from someone(dint have others 1/6 scale ff series figure for them to copy).

maybe i will try to explain the “bootleg”version of pak later,based on my knowledge.

No, you're describing a knock-off.

A bootleg is simply describing something that is not 'authorized'. It is typically original work, that's why alcohol during Prohibition was considered 'bootleg', it wasn't a copy of someone else's recipe, it was original, just illegal. Lots of concert recordings are bootlegs, it's not a copy of an already released recording, it's an original recording, just not authorized.

Gametoys are bootlegs, stuff like Redman and Present Toys are knock-offs.

Square wants 190 USD + shipping for this static 1/7 scale that looks like it's covered in oil. Makes GT Cloud look like a bargain.

FVbGavIVEAA_14D.jpg
It will also most likely come out and look nothing like this. I got the smaller statue they did and it was awful but I luckily was able to sell it for full price.

Wow a big SE fan.
Haha I grew up collecting Play Arts, and then moved to PAK, now that I'm an adult with more defined tastes, I prefer 1/6 scale, but of course I kept all of my play arts and PAK figures, together in one shelf 😊 but yes!! Big SE fan 🥰 so I'm equally as disappointed as you guys are in the new releases LOL 😂

Also, thanks for the clarification yasuo and faker. I feel a little bad owning this form of Sora. He was limited to Disney Expo Japan, also made in limited quantities. But he got leaked on websites like Aliexpress, like I mentioned before, I've used for years, so I was able to buy him there for a whopping $120 USD, no box. It was a total gamble buying him, but he's the real deal. It just makes owners of those official, exclusive products feel bad, and I totally get that. But nothing was stopping me from getting my favourite Sora, sorry!!

No wonder there are no other official (outsourced) licensed Final Fantasy statues or figures. Square Enix would probably push the price of single seamless HQ 1/6 FF figures to 555-700 USD or something like that just because they are licensed. I mean these guys want 79,99 Euros for FF7 Remake Part 1 on Steam
and over 200 Euros for some basic Play Arts Kai stuff ... come on man

As someone already pointed out, bootleg, at least where the term came from originally, meant unlicensed or otherwise contraband merchandise. The original example being bottles of alcohol that used to be carried in the "boot leg" during prohibition, it's a term that originated in America, and the connotations aren't always bad.
However what is bad is Zack's new voice actor in CC remastered, I don't remember him sounding that awful.

I'm honestly glad gametoys isn't official given how horrible square is with pricing and charging for their products. Hope Gametoys makes that shinra bike officer instead, was just thinking aobut how I'd like him as a figure when the news dropped.

I hate that I missed out on the GT Remake Cloud and Sephiroth- those things are what I always wanted our of FF figures. Fingers crossed for a reissue but I suppose I could live with AC versions.

Back