Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when I tried to paint in the past, eyes were extremely difficult. I have resorted to toothpicks and needles, but they don't lay down paint very well. I have tried 20/0 brushes, but even those can be too thick. I have also taken cheap brushes, and cut them down to a couple hairs. I think it must be more with the technique of brush strokes and paint consistency than paint brush thickness.

Yes, when I tried to paint in the past, eyes were extremely difficult. I have resorted to toothpicks and needles, but they don't lay down paint very well. I have tried 20/0 brushes, but even those can be too thick. I have also taken cheap brushes, and cut them down to a couple hairs. I think it must be more with the technique of brush strokes and paint consistency than paint brush thickness.

Actually, it is. I use a rather larger brush than the very small ones you guys mention. And I am constantly re-dipping my paint to keep it fresh on the brush. That and rewashing it, redipping, etc. A real pain!
To be honest, I would have to make a video in tight focus (which I can't do with my camera) to show you what I do.
But I use a larger brush.
Eyes are a bi#ch! I feel your pain.

Sorry my PM box got full again. I will try to keep it open, but some messages I keep in there to help me keep up with current work, so it keeps refilling almost every day...so please email me at [email protected] if can't get a PM to me, and if you need to reach me, guys. Thanks. Sorry about that. With all this work, I don't get in as often as I wish. :eek:
Hopefully that will change when I get more caught up in the next few weeks.
I really feel like I am missing out these days in other areas of the Board. :monkey1

Everytime I see you post here Les my heart starts racing. :rotfl

Here ya go Cap,
Here at least is a shot of a Legolas in progress...almost done...not your's Doc, but just like...they are in progress too...

Leg001.jpg

Pic came out a tad dark...more will follow...

Not sure about eye alignment, so that is why it's an in prog. Talk about your eyes are a bi#ch deal! Anyway, working on 'em!
Two more of these to go, and several Aragorns and of course, many others too.

It's gonna be another busy weekend!

Got my LES' WHITE FACE JOKER today!

Here's a little montage with the sculpt in different light (it literally changes because of the bounce off that white face).

LesJokermontage.jpg

I LOVE THAT GRIN! The way it works with the raised eyes and the arched eyebrows, the shading over the eyelids... There really is no comparison to that other head on my Joker. This one is just breath-taking.

Tha hair has a great texture too with nice layers, and the easing of the hairline from white to green looks just like Jack. Teeth have the right "dirty" look against the white face, and I love the bit of bloodshot in the lower lids, really makes the eyes pop.

Of course it all gets down to that Joker grin and those eyes! The expression -- priceless.

Here ya go Cap,
Here at least is a shot of a Legolas in progress...almost done...not your's Doc, but just like...they are in progress too...

Leg001.jpg

Pic came out a tad dark...more will follow...

Not sure about eye alignment, so that is why it's an in prog. Talk about your eyes are a bi#ch deal! Anyway, working on 'em!
Two more of these to go, and several Aragorns and of course, many others too.

It's gonna be another busy weekend!

OMG, they look very realistic, and you paint those eyes with an average small sized brush???

OMG, they look very realistic, and you paint those eyes with an average small sized brush???

Sorta. I use a couple of smallish sizes, but don't get the paint past the tip and keep it moist (THAT is the hard part!) I may try to shoot a video in April of me painting. I get a lot of requests for that. Then you can see my brushes.

Long weekend coming. Finishing up as many loose guys as I can, bwayne's (still) and a bunch for several others, including some of Andy's DeNiros for Eric, and a lot more.
Almost have six more boxes ready to ship, two that are for sure ready, and by Monday, maybe even more. So that looks good for early next week. ALL the remaining Jokers will go out then.

Then, I am starting all remaining Superman heads, and casting up all the remaining, (count 'em, 21, ) Spikey Haired Hicks heads, and then painting on those between next week and the 31st. Hopefully, all those will be done my the 30th and packed out for shipping on the 31st.

As of the 1st of April (No fooling around here...), I will FOR SURE, be taking a much needed two week leave of absence from my brushes! Not from this site so much, but from painting for sure. And for anyone thinking I am gonna be sitting under a dogwood tree, sipping mint julips, know this, I have a HUGE home spring cleanup due, overdue, that includes our nasty, overfilled garage, and my room, er, living/work space, so that in mid-April, I can start anew, with fresh eyes and hands and CLEAN SPACES for work! :rock

I will then catch up on anything I don't get finished by the 31st, and there will be plenty I am sure. Large stuff too! :D

So, thanks all for your infinite patience so far. I will do my best to make it worth your time.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, Hudsons, Aragorns, Arnolds, Anakins, ObiWans, Hans, Rod Serlings, more Jokers and what is this, Sloth from the Goonies! Even Sloth! :rock
Good, loaded weekend coming! :D

Oh, and I will not be working this many things in at one time again! Not this crammed that is. I promise not to let things bottleneck so badly in the rest of 08. Sometimes you just have to put your head down and charge, so you can get it all caught up. Thanks for understanding that, and thanks all for the recent comments of concern. I am fine. Tired a bit, but ok. Work is flowing well for a change. Let me capitalize on that while I can.

Hope you don't mind me posting this stuff here, Les, but I thought people might be interested to see what can be achieved with this figure.

Here's a thorough compare of Les' Joker vs. V2 Joker...

Joker-LesvsV2montage.jpg

And I like this one: "Wait 'til they get a load of US".

LesJokervsV25.jpg

And here's what Les' Joker head looks like on the V2 body...

JokerwLeshead2.jpg
JokerwLeshead3.jpg

A fairly AMAZING upgrade.

Thank you, Les!

wow! that's great!

Les I can't wait till I get the package from sideshow so I can ship it you! I don't want to spoil the surprise so I won't say what it is until you unviel it in all you artist glory. :D

Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

Got my Joker head in the mail today... man this thing rocks all kinds of ass Les! Thanks a lot, now my figure is truly awesome!!!

jokerlesa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back