Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's worth the wait. So awesome. I hope the suit is worthy of that paint job. I'd sure like to see pics of it. :D

You guys are all too kind.
I agree, I hope matters like this can be handled between us in PM's and emails. I will always try to work with you all.

As for this item, since it was so openly mentioned, and I am and have been, finished with it, I dug it out of it's box and here it is, painted and ready.

Reeve007.jpg

Reeve005.jpg

Reeve006.jpg

Reeve004.jpg

Normally, this head is NOT set for a HT body mount. This was an exception.

I hope you want it still.

I for one am envious, as I do not have my own Superman custom anymore. Sold it over a year ago, and have not had time to get back to these, and so, have not made myself one since.
And, I still owe several full figures (to come soon) so please don't barage me with where's mine posts or emails as most are started but not this far along.
I was trying to get certain ones done as soon as I could, and actually surprise a few with their's some still will be I hope. :D

Anyway, this head is indeed still available, from me, as I am redoing the mold off the original head, as this one was, and will be offering it to whoever wants one, BUT AFTER I CATCH UP with all else I have going on! :lol
Hope that is understandable.

I will post more about it in the current Reeve thread, as there is interest in it at present.

Anyway, thanks again guys. I appreciate the support, but I do not begrudge anyone for their frustrations at waiting for my works. That is only human. I do begrudge it's open-ness out here in "Burb's"-land, as I am working my ass off to catch all this up, BUT, I cannot blame anyone for being anxious for something. In fact, in a way, I am flattered. It means my work matters. And for that, I can only feel honored.

Now, to get back to it, because I have a LOT more to catch up on, and a lot more folks to try to keep from 'Burbsing me further! :D

Til next, hopefully fruitful post...

Your's always,
Les

Oh, and for what it's worth, I got in my WONDERFUL Toysoldier Menswear Grey suit (that I got from Monkey Depot BTW ) for my DK Two-Face custom, and IT ROCKS!!!
Pics of that when I get to it again. After the next wave of USCMarines and Ripleys....and....SLOTH!

Sovereign Studios FML painted Newt. Here ya go Reiny...

nt4.jpg

nts-1.jpg

More pics and Review on Newt Thread. It's absolutely "Ah-Fimatiff" Les. :bow

Very good points Josh, and insights that I think many could benefit from learning about artists.

I'm not a painter like you and Les, but I've been making art for more than half my life now and there are those times when no matter how much you want to or need to create a piece, life just sucks the magic out of you, and it's frustrating as the artist because you know you were capable of doing it the day before and likely the day after but you tear yourself apart in the now like "why can't I do this???"

I completely understand this. I have worked as an actor in a couple of indie films. Luckily, they will not see the light of day. Hell, they aren't even on imdb.com. And the check didn't always clear the bank. But to the point. With acting, you can't take a rest during a shoot. You have to be on point when they need you. It can be exhausting and very frustrating. There we days that I couldn't pull anything out of myself, but still had to do it.

Les is lucky. He can take a break and it produces much better work.

Also, Les. Don't worry about my Indy. It is done when it's done. I don't want you staying up till midnight working on my stuff. Get the rest you need. All of us will benefit from it.

Just gotta chime in on this whilst everyone is in this mood.

I only jumped into 1/6 collecting about 8 months back after watching several videos on youtube , namely P!tus. :rock
After seeing P!tus video on Les's hicks head I knew I had to somehow get one.
So I asked P!tu where all this stuff was discussed and he sent me the link to the sideshow freaks board.

I went through every page on this thread and was amazed by everything. I eventually contacted Les when he made a new thread selling the 2nd run of Hicks sculpts and at this time from what I remember had only the hot toys avp elder predator , the avp alien , hicks and hudson in my possession. I was a complete noob to the collecting world and didn't know anything about customizing.

Les was very understanding and patient with me and definitely helped me get into this hobby more. I paid for his hicks head and since then have paid for his Joker sculpt and sent him a Jean Reno sculpt to paint up.
I post on his thread often and when he can reply he always does.
He sends me emails out of the blue updating me on whats going on and how my stuff is doing and just to do that is awesome. :rock

All his work is amazing and just the fact that he shares any of this with us is an honor.
I can't say anything bad about Les whatsoever. :rock

When I read the kind words Sean said about him I would usually find that hard to believe about someone who I had never personally met but with Les its already obvious.
He keeps us all updated regularly and is even honest enough to let us know what is happening in his personal life and why its maybe slowing his work down.

The main thing I have gained here is not better figures but a friendship and alot of others here have too. That as well as the figures is what is the best thing about Les sharing all this.

Since then I have worked with Josh and Darren Carnall also and I can only say awesome things about them and there work also. Thats why this board rocks insanely.

Ok , I'm babbling on with myself now... :lol
Les and his work rocks ! :rock

I agree with everything you said uscmhicks. Les has fast become one of my best friends, and I haven't met him in person...yet. But I would love to someday soon! I joined this board a little over a year ago, and I was immediately drawn to Les's incredible work! Never before in my over 30 years of collecting the "12 inch figures" as I've always called them, or the 1:6 scale figures, have I seen such great attention to detail, likeness accuracy, craftsmanship, and just plain "TLC" given to these figures by Les! I was literally blown away, and wanted to own at least one head done by "Figuremaster Les"! :bow What has impressed me even more, has been Les himself! I've only met a few other people who've become my closest friends that have cared about me, and my opinion, and praised my own work and everything as much as Les has. He truly is a genuine person who is easy to like, and it shows in how he speaks to you, and in his craft.

I've learned the value of being patient. Waiting for these little masterpieces from Les are well worth any amount of waiting. Trust me. Once you hold it in your hands and see it for the first time you will understand. I've got some things on the way from him now, and Les, I can and will wait. As long as it takes my friend. :D

Be sure to get plenty of rest Les. You can't work if you can't see or lift your paint brush. Take care of you first.

I think anyone who has one of Les' pieces already understands the wait is worth it. Its the newbies that don't get that yet, and its a shame.

My poor photography skills don't show it off too well, but when Les painted the Tenth Doctor head sculpt by Character Options for me, he even painted David Tennant's freckles :horror (look along the nose), and the very faintest five o'clock shadow :horror. Les rocks! :rock2 As always, well worth the wait!
10dr02.jpg

10drrose01-1.jpg

rose01.jpg

Oh, one more thing in the defense of my painting up Spencer's Two-Face head....
I was simply trying to help him sell them. I get NOTHING from that effort, but the knowing that I am supporting a fellow customizer sculptor. Hence the rush on it. Same with Sovereign, or Chris or whoever else's heads I may paintup to show out of turn. Often, there is some support aspect that is time based and not of my own choosing about it. And I am always honored to do so.
I really care about the other creators here, and if my work can help them move items, even if I don't get a single repaint commission out of it, I can sleep knowing I was a help to them and not a hindrance.
Hope that explains why I pushed the Two-Face.
Since it was brought up.

Hope you are selling some Spencer. I really love that sculpt!
Note it is my current avatar. :rock
''

Spoken like a Gentleman Brother, don't let it knock you.

Yes, Les is a master of the subtle details. And those added details make a world of difference that most people might not even notice unless they weren't there.

That was really uncalled for man. He only said your last name... There are many out there with that very name, it does nothing to call you out in a public forum.

And Les doesn't even see you as the "bad guy", in fact he feels really bad that it took as long as it did.

All in all, I hope that you at least understand what you are getting into the next time you commission anything. It always takes time, and you can never put a definitive time table on art. It just never works. Don't get me wrong, a year is a long time to wait for anything... I've been there. I've waited over a year for custom figures or statues to be made and sent my way, but I never said a word...

Do you know why?

Because I understand the creative process intimately and I don't know what life that customizer had outside of their work... especially not enough to call him out in his own thread...

You're not a bad guy at all... I just think you should have just PM'd him personally and shared your feelings in a private manner.

Last edited:
I guess we won't. :mad:

How about you understand that the mountain of work never dissipates... that no matter how long you try to go without the money you desperately need to pay bills... to finish your mountain of work... The day never comes when it's finished.

And the bills start to pile up, as do the shipping costs.. (at least for myself.. who offers FREE shipping to my customers, eating the cost out of my very meager asking price)... What do you do then? Turn away customers who DO understand? Go without food? or painting supplies? What then?

Understand this. Our jobs never end. I go to school, I come home, I do my homework, check my email and chain myself to my desk. I forgo time with my Wife and with my family to do my work. I give everything I have to my customers and to every single piece. I know it takes time, but I try to give them my best... so that it makes up for my lack of speed.

If I had more time, I'd do more work.. but I don't. And neither does Les. We do what we can, when we can. If you can't accept that, if that is unthinkable and wrong in your mind... then you don't get it.

It's not a love fest... people don't show Les or myself the respect they do simply because we are good artists... It's for how we treat them, and what we give them with every piece of art we send their way. Bash it all you will, but it doesn't tarnish what it is.

Last edited:
Man, everybody involved here should just let this one go. It's looking really bad, alot of ugliness going on, seriously.

To Les: Nice work on that Supes head, looks really good! Now that there's a DC section, hopefully there will be more room for Superman love (it could just be called "Batman City" right now. )

Good things take time; I think our society is a bit spoiled by too much instant gratification.

People don't think things through... if people like Les did not work up personal projects in tandem with their commission work, they would not grow as artists anywhere near as fast and the quality of what we get from them would suffer. One of many examples is the experiment Les did with the real hair on his Ledger Joker head... simply amazing results.

I think it's pretty clear (if one follows the artists' threads, which it would seem one would do before getting a commission) what kind of work load our customizers have and what kind of time frame one can expect for work to be turned around. It's tempting to get impatient, but I know every piece of work I've commissioned thus far has been worth the wait.

Keep on with what you're doing, Mista Figuremastah. :)

Last edited:
bwHAN.jpg

bwMULDER.jpg

bwAragorn.jpg

Here you go.

Ok guys, this needs to get lighter so here it goes. My wife was sitting next to me while I was reading the comments. I went back a few pages to show her how much Les is working on and when she saw Aragorn she asked, "Is that Jesus?" Needless to say I can't say more right now due to her still sitting next to me and "happy time" has not happened yet. Ouch, that was my shoulder.

TRUST me when I say a FIGUREMASTER LES CUSTOM Headsculpt is WORTH waiting for!!!! Got my FUTURE KYLE REESE w/chin scar headsculpt and let me say that it has made my Hot Toys Kyle Reese FREAKIN STAND OUT IN MY TERMINATOR collection:rock:rock:rock Thanks Les , it is an honor bro to have it in my collection. :D

Sorry about the no so good 1st picture. The 2nd pic is from Les and shows the incredible detail in the face!!! Need I say more? OK... Les you ROCK BRO !!!!!!

user4018_pic578_1219099563.jpg

Reese005.jpg

Hi guys i think Cap and Les have more or less resolved the matter, so let's let Les's Fabrication thread get back on track and not let the thread get sidetracked.

best wishes,
James.

Les did a great job on that Reese head. I may have to repaint him again now that I think my skills have improved (only a little :lol).

Hey Les, if you are reading this, how did you achieve the scar? Is it just painted? Or did you actually do some mods? Thanks :chew

Thanks guys.
No plans on the Lost Pred at present. I have so much else on order, that he had to go. Waiting on P1 over all them anyway. I may change my mind though. Not sure yet. MANY other figures on order. I do want one though, so we'll see.

That's just... :(. C'mon, Les, this is a Predator who's been lurking in undeserved obscurity for 15 years! He NEEDS the FML treatment :). Is Machiko still on the order lists at least?

And RE the artistic piece... metaphorge, you make a great point. I used to do a lot of model and miniature painting myself, but the ever-increasing demands of family, work etc have made the opportunities to do so almost non-existent. I'm usually just too whapped at the end of the day to set up and get my brushes out. For the record, I think that the real artists on this board sell their time very cheaply for what they deliver - which just goes to show how much they genuinely love what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back