Figma and Revoltech Collecting Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e6b6c19998be5600f6149140d5b52d29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was kind of upset I couldn't cancel my Persona 5 Figma from HLJ in time but that photo has me looking forward to getting them now.

Just got my Yamaguchi Magneto. New to the series.

Are there any English translated instructions anywhere?

The shoulder ball joint came apart, it plugs back together with a bit of fuss, but it's more or less broken at this point, and can't stand up to posing, won't rotate and such. I can see it comes with spares, but I see the instructions talk about a 6mm and 8mm joint, but I don't understand what the purpose of the two different joints.

Also, I'm having trouble plugging the cape in, are you supposed to heat up the pegs first?

Figma Pharah (Overwatch) has popped up on the Good Smile site. I can’t link on my phone but she looks stunning!

Just got my Yamaguchi Magneto. New to the series.

Are there any English translated instructions anywhere?

The shoulder ball joint came apart, it plugs back together with a bit of fuss, but it's more or less broken at this point, and can't stand up to posing, won't rotate and such. I can see it comes with spares, but I see the instructions talk about a 6mm and 8mm joint, but I don't understand what the purpose of the two different joints.

Also, I'm having trouble plugging the cape in, are you supposed to heat up the pegs first?

The Revoltech joints are meant to come apart but it sounds like you may have a genuine broken one. The different size joints are for the different limbs, you should be able to do a slight visual comparison. Magneto came with an extra set because I believe not everyone liked the double Revoltech joints and wanted something that could help the figure look more natural.

I’d recommend heating the actual hole up first to soften it. They should peg right in.

Unfortunately...Magneto, IMO, is one of the weaker figures of the series...the cape gets in the way...just like Batman. I’d recommend picking up Wolverine, Spiderman, Venom, and Carnage. Psylocke is getting good reviews too and Cap is OK.

If you pay $20 for the figure on eBay from a Chinese seller...it’s likely a knockoff. The real ones will sell for more

The Revoltech joints are meant to come apart but it sounds like you may have a genuine broken one. The different size joints are for the different limbs, you should be able to do a slight visual comparison. Magneto came with an extra set because I believe not everyone liked the double Revoltech joints and wanted something that could help the figure look more natural.

I’d recommend heating the actual hole up first to soften it. They should peg right in.

Unfortunately...Magneto, IMO, is one of the weaker figures of the series...the cape gets in the way...just like Batman. I’d recommend picking up Wolverine, Spiderman, Venom, and Carnage. Psylocke is getting good reviews too and Cap is OK.

If you pay $20 for the figure on eBay from a Chinese seller...it’s likely a knockoff. The real ones will sell for more

Thanks for the notes.

I actually got frustrated with it and boxed it back up, and put it on eBay. Then noticed all the other $20 knockoffs ... so now I can't even sell it for less than I paid for it. Bummer.

I ordered Magneto because I really liked the look of the Gambit that went up, so I decided to jump in the line. Guess I picked a bit of a snoozer. I'm not really a fan of the look of the Wolverine they put out.

Thanks for the notes.

I actually got frustrated with it and boxed it back up, and put it on eBay. Then noticed all the other $20 knockoffs ... so now I can't even sell it for less than I paid for it. Bummer.

I ordered Magneto because I really liked the look of the Gambit that went up, so I decided to jump in the line. Guess I picked a bit of a snoozer. I'm not really a fan of the look of the Wolverine they put out.

Sorry to hear that. I've been able to sell some of my extra figures and basically break-even. I've highlighted that they are the genuine figures and not the Chinese knock-off's and that helps a little. You might be able to make $30 or $40 from someone looking for parts. I'm selling Deadpool, Spider-Gwen and Batman if any of those interest you.

The designs are heavily-influenced by the "Marvel vs. Capcom" video game fighting series...especially MvC1, 2 and 3 to an extent (mostly 1 & 2). If you do some research on the designs, you'll know what to expect with this figure line and what the sculptor (Yamaguchi...as its's named after him) will be looking at for inspiration.

So I just saw a preview of a Space Invaders Figma over at one of the main toy news sites. WTHF? With soooooooooooooo many cool things that need to be made we are getting a goofy hairy looking figure of video game art that never matched the actual game? This is just ponderous. I mean, Pac-Man or Little Mac from Punch-Out or Q-Bert or god forbid Derk The Daring from Dragon's Lair would be better. But nope, goofy, hairy creature thing.

Hello freaks,

I'm hoping to get some help here. I have a set of 12 Revoltech Eva figures that I wanna sell and I was wondering if there's somewhere online (besides DASH) where I can get an estimated price of each one. I tried to sell but nobody seems to want the whole set, so I'm deciding to split the whole thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Absolutely insane the amount of posing accessories options they included with this figure probably their most impressive yet which makes him a great value for the price.

Definitely best Marvel piece they’ve made by far he’s a must own.

Yeah...Iron Man looks great.

I'm guessing we'll likely see Thor next, or possibly even Hulk. Or another villain... maybe Loki...

Back