Fewture/DiD 1/6 Fringe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesn't look like the real character. That is the point I was trying to make. I have been collecting 1/6 off and on since the sixties. I have seen this hobby evolve from G I Joe and Johnny West to what it is today. I see a lot of newbie collectors here and on other forums who think over texturing a sculpt like Hot Toys tends to automatically makes a portrait a great likeness. Just because detail makes it look more "real" doesn't make it look more like the person it is suppose to represent. Take a look at more pictures of Noble and you will see how much better this could have been had the sculptor concentrated more on getting an accurate likeness instead of relying on super detail to mask the short comings.

I'm sorry man, the likeness is clearly there and then some, its an awesome sculpt, could it be better, sure anything can be better nothing is perfect, but that sculpt is awesome, now the olivia sculpt, id agree with you 100% on her but not here man, sorry, I guess just difference of opinions.

Everyone sees things differently. It's kind of amazing how much people can disagree on something that shouldn't be debatable.

I don't remember the texturing on walter looking this obvious in the previous pics we've seen; have they changed the sculpt in any way? I know this is prctically a mantra on these forums but i hope it's just these particular pictures making it look weird and it's better in hand.

it doesn't look like the real character. That is the point I was trying to make. I have been collecting 1/6 off and on since the sixties. I have seen this hobby evolve from G I Joe and Johnny West to what it is today. I see a lot of newbie collectors here and on other forums who think over texturing a sculpt like Hot Toys tends to automatically makes a portrait a great likeness. Just because detail makes it look more "real" doesn't make it look more like the person it is suppose to represent. Take a look at more pictures of Noble and you will see how much better this could have been had the sculptor concentrated more on getting an accurate likeness instead of relying on super detail to mask the short comings.

Everybody sees things a little differently, and just because you don't think a likeness is great, doesn't mean that your opinion is the correct one for everyone. For me, that Walter is great and could definitely go on my shelf. Peter = no, and Olivia = hell no, but Walter is definitely shelf-worthy. He's a bit exaggerated, but not so much that he's a caricature. He would make a better Walternate than Walter because of his dead-on stare, but I like Walternate. The only problem for me is, without Olivia I'm not sure I see the point in picking up Walter. The company never should have released Olivia until they were able to nail the sculpt.

It's s shame for fans and Fewture, to lose sales of multiple figures because one was just so far off the mark. Unlike some oner series, this one really demands at minimum two characters, with Olivia being one of them. It's just not Fringe with a single character displayed. For me it's got to be all three, and after some searching, I've come up empty for any replacement Torv-like sculpts.

It's s shame for fans and Fewture, to lose sales of multiple figures because one was just so far off the mark. Unlike some oner series, this one really demands at minimum two characters, with Olivia being one of them. It's just not Fringe with a single character displayed. For me it's got to be all three, and after some searching, I've come up empty for any replacement Torv-like sculpts.

:goodpost:

These end up being an easy pass for me, sadly. Mostly because of Olivia.

These are up for pre order at BBTS

It's mentioned a few posts back as well. But at $190 per figure plus shipping, they're way more than I'm willing to spend. I was hoping number of other Chinese or Japanese online stores would carry this set as I've ordered from a few with good success and nice prices in the past.

From BBTS today-

Greetings!

We have acquired this product from a new vendor a lower cost. Therefore, all new and existing preorders have since been reduced from $189.99 to $147.99 respectively.

We are happy to pass this savings onto you and thanks again for preordering from BigBadToyStore!

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

Applies to all 3 figures

Wow a little competetive pricing. BBTS may be the way to go without EMS shipping cost.

These are definitely looking more attractive at $148. I'm in for the trio, at least for now.

These would display nicely with high end X-Files fugures.

This is kind of confusing. Both Walter and Olivia come with 2 headsculpts and 2 outfits but one body and one stand. So do they expect you to just display your favorite, or to buy an extra body? And Walter doesn't come with the alternate world viewer that they're showing in the pics? Will we be able to get that separately?

Walter actually comes with three outfits, probably making him the deal of the bunch. How about Peter only coming with one head and having the same price?

They showed a lot of accessories and I've been wondering about them too. I was hoping they'd skip on the extra head sculpt and alternate universe clothing as a pack-in and instead include one or more awesome accessories with each character.

Pre Ordered them all. I think they'll use the usual DID body so it would be easy to find one for Walternate. Fauxlivia too, there are a lot of female bodies to choose from nowadays

I was close, so close… But… Yeah, at this point, unless these guys come with the extras, like the mirror, desk, etc, I'm out. The value proposition just isn't there for me at $150 per figure. At $100 I could possibly be swayed, but even then it wouldn't be sure thing. I absolutely love the show, but they're just off enough with the set, not just in likeness, that I'm willing to go Fringeless in my TV-themed shelves. Shame.

Really glad that the show is getting some attention, sad that these are so off the mark. especially Olivia. DiD has turned out some pretty decent likenesses in the past so I'm not sure how these came out looking like this.

Back