Fed Ex and VAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you forgot delivery charges on FP.com

This is true, i did, FP have stores in London though so by all means you could bypass the delivery charge no? does mean i got a better deal than i thought (until Play sell them off for £250 next year no doubt) Also customs can be sneaky, im quite certain il end up paying more than the figure stated above, we'l see in a few weeks i guess....

This is true, i did, FP have stores in London though so by all means you could bypass the delivery charge no? does mean i got a better deal than i thought (until Play sell them off for £250 next year no doubt) Also customs can be sneaky, im quite certain il end up paying more than the figure stated above, we'l see in a few weeks i guess....

Yeah, i thought that.

I've never been there and was all set to go and get the HT War Machine but i rang up to double check if it was instock and it was, so i double checked the price and it was £100 more than the website.

I was shocked, apparently they have a Web price and RRP price, the stores do RRP, the site does the web price, i don't know if it applies to everything but it's absurd really.

So i stayed at home and got WM delivered, saved £95 on a journey there :lol

P.S Keep us posted on the Charges you get for the Predator LSB (i calculate £53.61 at 20%), also if you remember can you post when you get it so i can compare FP delivery times compared to SSC :wave

Last edited:
Whowzers, thats ridiculous, i guess their websales are somewhat higher than their shop sales, And will do, il post in the Preddy LSB thread as soon as it arrives, says August on the SS site so shouldn't be long now :)

Last month I received a Fedex bill for my 1:1 bust Wolverine Berserker for £70.94 because they taxed me at 20%. But after contacting them directly they looked into it I am now got a bill for £25.23 which includes the fedex admin charge - RESULT:hi5:

They asked for the correct code which I stated was 9703000000 for VAT to be at 5%. They asked me to inform Sideshow to use the correct code in future?

Last month I received a Fedex bill for my 1:1 bust Wolverine Berserker for £70.94 because they taxed me at 20%. But after contacting them directly they looked into it I am now got a bill for £25.23 which includes the fedex admin charge - RESULT:hi5:

They asked for the correct code which I stated was 9703000000 for VAT to be at 5%. They asked me to inform Sideshow to use the correct code in future?

Contacted SSC, fedex or customs?

Dunno, the woman told me thqt customs said it was unsuitable so they've change it.

When i get the invoice for my Maul PF, i'm gonna constact fedex to see if i can get the 5%

Some items work out cheaper, others not so much, also check Play.com, FP.com and FP.co.uk regularly as prices vary a great deal and have been rather high lately. That said, lets use the Predator LSB for example, i have the EX on order direct which (assuming $30 for shipping) will come to about £304.60 including vat and customs charges...

Direct £304.60
Play.com £349.99
FP.com £299.99
FP.co.uk N/A

For the sake of £5 i decided a direct order would be fine to get the ex, although the reg will probably come down in price at a later date due to the massive number being produced! Its just a case of checking all sites regularly, the Non refundable deposite through a massive spanner in the works though... Sideshow knew exactly what they were doing by introducing that...

Predator LSB regular sells £279.99 with free delivery on my site and with the discount code, it works out £265.99 with free delivery. If you have collectiblesdirect membership, further 5% discount and the final price is £252.69 with free delivery. Don't know if you can find it cheaper in the UK:clap

Dunno, the woman told me thqt customs said it was unsuitable so they've change it.

When i get the invoice for my Maul PF, i'm gonna constact fedex to see if i can get the 5%

Best of luck it took nearly five to six weeks before Fedex came back with a solution:hi5:

Best of luck it took nearly five to six weeks before Fedex came back with a solution:hi5:

So did you have the item in hand? or did you contend the bill after recieving it? iv only ever had parcel force deliver to me and those B******* wont deliver the item until youve paid up. I would give in and pay full price rather than wait an extra 5 weeks for my Preddy LSB.

You alway get the invoice AFTER delivery, so i'm guessing he disputed the cost and they got back to him later, but he ad the item.

U get the item first then the invoice from Fedex as stated by Nova-Force.

Then I went on to Fedex's web site and spoke to one of their operators and raised my concerns.

My question is has Sideshow got the wrong info from custom's within the EU?
Why did Fedex except the correct code from if it's wrong?

U get the item first then the invoice from Fedex as stated by Nova-Force.

Then I went on to Fedex's web site and spoke to one of their operators and raised my concerns.

My question is has Sideshow got the wrong info from custom's within the EU?
Why did Fedex except the correct code from if it's wrong?

This is a good point, maybe you should contact SS and let the know, im sure they would be only to happy to adjust the codes again if possible as it would undoubtedly bring in alot more sales from this side of the pond... Il be trying my luck either way :)

This is a good point, maybe you should contact SS and let the know, im sure they would be only to happy to adjust the codes again if possible as it would undoubtedly bring in alot more sales from this side of the pond... Il be trying my luck either way :)

I did this, i told them my past statues had the 9703 code and i got charged 5%, now the statues jave the code 9503 and i get charged 20%.

They told me that customs no longer accept the previous code for statues :(

But buy all mean if more people ring they might try harder. :pray:

P.S i rang Fedex today once i got the 20% invoice for my Maul PF to see if they could change it and they said they couldn't as the code was done by SSC not them.

I did this, i told them my past statues had the 9703 code and i got charged 5%, now the statues jave the code 9503 and i get charged 20%.

They told me that customs no longer accept the previous code for statues :(

But buy all mean if more people ring they might try harder. :pray:

P.S i rang Fedex today once i got the 20% invoice for my Maul PF to see if they could change it and they said they couldn't as the code was done by SSC not them.

Sorry 2 hear that guys - I never rang them but went onto Fedex web site and raised my query with an operator on Live-chat. U could try it like that.

New stuff is going to sting my funds:slap

Today i recieved the bills from fedex for my Gollum PF en war machine excl (flexpay) . I most pay for gollum 58 euro and for war machine 116 euro.......

This were my first 2 statues this year from sideshow and it will be the last.

Today i recieved the bills from fedex for my Gollum PF en war machine excl (flexpay) . I most pay for gollum 58 euro and for war machine 116 euro.......

This were my first 2 statues this year from sideshow and it will be the last.

$250.00 in taxes ? :panic:

Back