Fed Ex and VAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I carn't believe they have changed the tariff code ! Most items will now cost the same as getting them over here via Play.com or ForbiddenPlanet.com.

Only reason to shop direct know will be to get the ex's

I carn't believe they have changed the tariff code ! Most items will now cost the same as getting them over here via Play.com or ForbiddenPlanet.com.

Only reason to shop direct know will be to get the ex's

Sadly this is mostly true.

I'm pretty sure that Figures from SSC have had the same code for the last year or so, so always 20% VAT in the UK.

Which code are you referring to?

Sadly this is mostly true.

I'm pretty sure that Figures from SSC have had the same code for the last year or so, so always 20% VAT in the UK.

Which code are you referring to?

Tarif Heading 9703000000 this one means it should be at the reduced VAT of 5%

Last statue i got was the Hulk comiquette in November i think that was at the reduced VAT

Why on earth would they change it?:dunno:cuckoo:

Going to wait and see what charge i get when my Tracker mask turns up if its cheaper to get my BD Classic pred mask from Forbidden ill have to cancel my order with SSC:thud:

Tarif Heading 9703000000 this one means it should be at the reduced VAT of 5%

Last statue i got was the Hulk comiquette in November i think that was at the reduced VAT

Why on earth would they change it?:dunno:cuckoo:

Going to wait and see what charge i get when my Tracker mask turns up if its cheaper to get my BD Classic pred mask from Forbidden ill have to cancel my order with SSC:thud:

Yeah my bad i though you were referring to figures. :slap

Yeah, they change the Harmonized code for statues so they are all 20% now, which sucks, luckily i don't have many statues on order at the mo.

EDIT: they changed it 'cos customs would no longer accept it the rep told me

Last edited:
Fight it - make it hard for Fedex to collect it. SIDESHOW never made a statement on their web site.

They should have informed their customers

Fight it - make it hard for Fedex to collect it. SIDESHOW never made a statement on their web site.

They should have informed their customers

Sadly they have standard disclaimer "customs, taxes and import duty is the responsibilty of the customer"

$58.37 shipping to England for Secret Project Mark IV....

Eamon said he paid $25 standard shipping, so i'd dispute this. :lecture

Im sorry for the late reply-yes,that was through Sideshow.Was nt aware you could dispute it.

Just got my invoice from fedex on the Hot Toys spider-man, it was more than i calculated because I'm getting taxed on shipping twice!

in the VAT Build up Details section, it lists:

• Freight Charges... £10
  • VAT Value Adjustment... £5.50
  • Invoice total.. $174.99

The Freight Charges and VAT amount to $25 (SSC shipping cost!)
The Invoice Total amounts to $149.99 +$25 = Item AND SHIPPING

so I'm getting taxed on the item and Shipping and then the shipping again separately, i know that when i ring them on Monday they'll tell me that it's SSC responsibility to provide a correct invoice and that I'll have to pay £50 to open an inquiry

The thing is SSC DID list the item cost as $149.99 and the Shipping of $25 Separately on the invoice. :gah:

Just got my invoice from fedex on the Hot Toys spider-man, it was more than i calculated because I'm getting taxed on shipping twice!

in the VAT Build up Details section, it lists:

• Freight Charges... £10
  • VAT Value Adjustment... £5.50
  • Invoice total.. $174.99

The Freight Charges and VAT amount to $25 (SSC shipping cost!)
The Invoice Total amounts to $149.99 +$25 = Item AND SHIPPING

so I'm getting taxed on the item and Shipping and then the shipping again separately, i know that when i ring them on Monday they'll tell me that it's SSC responsibility to provide a correct invoice and that I'll have to pay £50 to open an inquiry

The thing is SSC DID list the item cost as $149.99 and the Shipping of $25 Separately on the invoice. :gah:

You won't have to pay to open an enquiry then. I never have and have disputed every claim with them, including mistakes they made with HLJ. They did the same to me last month but an e-mail and persistance got it down again.
I really hate FedEx. They're fast but they mess up a lot.

I've been told by SideShow that Customs told them they had to use these new codes for there products and thats why were now having to pay double the price for delivery etc in the UK from fedex due to the customs fees!!!

FedEx said it was the distributors fault, the distributor (SS) said it's customs fault, so now I've got to try and email a query to Customs about the new codes etc :gah: this is getting rediculous... I dont see me getting this resolved, dont think Customs (UK) will care, as long as they're making a 100% profit compared to the last codes SS had to use :mad:

What I don't understand is why British customs can tell a non european company to use codes that tax limited edition work of arts at the same rate as an example a Buzz lightyear toy that is mass produced in millions. We are all aware that no two sideshow statues are the same.

Back