Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Favorite Spider-Man movie (Don't vote till you've seen em all please)

This movie is exactly like Prometheus.

It does the same exact thing. It has the same amount of holes. It cut about the same amount of stuff, and has characters doing really stupid things.

If you're a big Spider-Man fan, you'll ignore these....if not, you'll call them out, like me.

I won't lie, I enjoy Prometheus, with the flaws because i'm such a fan of the franchise.

But since my only love for Spider-Man is the Raimi films, I look at this, and go...wha? Why?

It's interesting.

But I think setting up for sequel stuff should stop. It just makes things confusing for no reason. Prometheus included in that remark.

...just... :slap

Hmm, I had just the opposite feeling - I didn't see it as having been cut out, but as being a development to be explored in a future chapter. More than the Raimi films, I got the feeling that this was the first part of a trilogy and there are a lot of threads that weren't meant to be tied off in just this one film.

And I also was so glad I didn't have to hear "with great power comes great responsibility" again - paraphrasing maintained the legend without the cliche being expressed in exactly the same way.

:goodpost:

With the post credit sequence it implies continuation of the parental mystery started in this one

Just what? it's the same movie.

Same amount of problems. But we chose to negligent them because we enjoyed the overall outcome.

Saw Amazing today.
I rate them

SM2
SM
ASM/Prometheus
SM3

Spider-Man-Infographic.jpg

Except they missed out the '90s cartoon :slap

The perfect example was Uncle Ben's speech. Instead of getting, "With great power comes great responsibility," we get a more muddled speech about doing good to others, blah, blah, responsibility. Not as tightly written or memorable. They danced around the original, not wanting to simply quote it but instead wanting to write a new version--and they ended up with something that says the same thing but in a less memorable or quotable way.

Here ya go...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marc-webb-explains-cut-classic-spiderman-line/

I guess everyone is such a macho man these days that crying is seen a whiny.

The thing I love about SM2 is that even with all his superpowers, his personal life isn't getting any better. It shows that being a superhero is a very thankless and unrewarding job.

Not everyone is a genius, philanthropist, billionaire, playboy when you take their powers away.

I guess everyone is such a macho man these days that crying is seen a whiny.

The thing I love about SM2 is that even with all his superpowers, his personal life isn't getting any better. It shows that being a superhero is a very thankless and unrewarding job.

Not everyone is a genius, philanthropist, billionaire, playboy when you take their powers away.

i liked that too, it demostrated the lonesome life it must bring.

ASM demonstrated that to an extent too...

Spoiler Spoiler:

i liked that too, it demostrated the lonesome life it must bring.

ASM demonstrated that to an extent too...

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Peter's loss as Spider-Man is a big theme for me, but i agree for the most part...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

Agreed. They didn't even make a focus of it. It was over and done with in a second, and then tossed aside (literally...lol) It didn't allow me to feel anything. It was just a...wha? Wait...why did you do it like that?

By far The Amazing Spider-Man was the best Spider-Man movie without question. Every single piece of casting was fantastic and while I liked Maguire's Spidey (for the most part), I hated his Peter Parker and Garfield outdid both.

By far The Amazing Spider-Man was the best Spider-Man movie without question. Every single piece of casting was fantastic and while I liked Maguire's Spidey (for the most part), I hated his Peter Parker and Garfield outdid both.

Well said exactly how I feel .

I am not surprised that SM 2 is leading the original trilogy count, but I am surprised theres such a gap between ASM and SM2. :horror

I voted ASM, but I thought it would be closer.

I really can't decide which one I like better ASM or SM1 I like both these movies for different reasons. So I've decided to put them both at the top of my list as equals them SM2 then 3.

I am not surprised that SM 2 is leading the original trilogy count, but I am surprised theres such a gap between ASM and SM2. :horror

I'm not. This poll was specifically constructed to capitalize on the buzz of those who were so excited to see a British guy in a basketball suit that they rushed out to see ASM opening day/weekend.

A lot of us are "meh" to the reboot and are waiting to see it on blu-ray so of course haven't weighed in yet. If this poll was created a year from now I imagine we'd see a much different skew. That said the more footage I see the more I'm convinced that I will genuinely enjoy the movie.

Saw ASM last night. It was good enough. Not as good as SM2, though.

SnakeDoc

I'm not. This poll was specifically constructed to capitalize on the buzz of those who were so excited to see a British guy in a basketball suit that they rushed out to see ASM opening day/weekend.

A lot of us are "meh" to the reboot and are waiting to see it on blu-ray so of course haven't weighed in yet. If this poll was created a year from now I imagine we'd see a much different skew. That said the more footage I see the more I'm convinced that I will genuinely enjoy the movie.

Disagree. Cause the movie is that good! New buzz or not, this is how you reboot a series!

:wave

Back