Media Favorite Boss Battles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Metal Gear REX - Metal Gear Solid

The first boss battle that was truly memorable to me, since there was nothing that even came close to it prior to 1998. I didn't know a game could have something this large that you would need to defeat.

Senator Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

The music, the combat, everything got my heart pumping.

The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

The build up this collision of the characters was perfectly done, and the pay off did it justice. I love how the Snake Eater theme pipes in when the time limit starts coming to a close.

Old Snake vs. Liquid Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I take issue with a lot in this game, but I thought the final battle with Ocelot was well done.

Bizzaro & Safer Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII

Could possibly be the most famous boss battle of them all. This one goes without saying.

Vergil - Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening

Loved the build up to the final confrontation of the brothers, the music, and the setting.

Anubis - Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

I actually prefer this to the final battle you have with Anubis since this one is more intense.

Nemesis Type 3 - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

It's not a over the top fight by any means, but I always loved the track they play over this, and the tension with waiting for the rail cannon to fire.

That's all I can think of from now. I could go on and on with others, but these stick out to me.

Albert Wesker & Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 5

It's Wesker, the pinnacle of a badass villain. But I actually like the Jill section of the fight slightly more, since I like the music and the cooperation you need with the other player to subdue Jill.

Last edited:
That's one game I never beat :lol I would always get stuck and just give up. I did complete Dino Crisis 2 though.

Cool thread, Plis. In no particular order, I'd go with:

1.) Two bosses from Shinobi 3 (I don't even know what to call them).

https://youtu.be/uNGbAStPXZc?t=37m22s

https://youtu.be/uNGbAStPXZc?t=13m57s

2. Metal Gear REX - MGS 1. Seeing one man take down a nuclear mech by himself, was the stuff of legends :lol. Prior to MGS 1, I've never seen something like that in a game.

3. Senator Armstrong - MG Rising. One of the most grueling and punishing Boss fights I've ever experienced, and you really have to master parrying to beat him on the higher difficulties. But, I love how "It Has to Be This way" was booming in the background, to keep you pumped during the battle. In fact, my favorite thing about Rising is its soundtrack.

4. Solidus - MGS 2. A highly stylized sword battle atop of Federal Hall in Manhattan, just before Solidus plunged to his death next to the George Washington monument. This scene had so much of an impact for me.

5. MG RAYS - MGS 2 Raiden battling all of those RAYs with just a Stinger. Intense, intense, intense.

6. The End - MGS 3 What a battle of attrition this was :lol. Plus I love how there were a few different ways to kill him. It was very creative of KojiPro to put in those easter eggs.

7. Anubis - ZOE 3 Just an overall cool battle with Jehuty as it battled with its twin mech. Too much awesome.

I would complete this list, as I have more to say... but now there's a ****ing bee in my room!

Cool thread, Plis. In no particular order, I'd go with:

1.) Two bosses from Shinobi 3 (I don't even know what to call them).

https://youtu.be/uNGbAStPXZc?t=37m22s

https://youtu.be/uNGbAStPXZc?t=13m57s

2. Metal Gear REX - MGS 1. Seeing one man take down a nuclear mech by himself, was the stuff of legends :lol. Prior to MGS 1, I've never seen something like that in a game.

3. Senator Armstrong - MG Rising. One of the most grueling and punishing Boss fights I've ever experienced, and you really have to master parrying to beat him on the higher difficulties. But, I love how "It Has to Be This way" was booming in the background, to keep you pumped during the battle. In fact, my favorite thing about Rising is its soundtrack.

4. Solidus - MGS 2. A highly stylized sword battle atop of Federal Hall in Manhattan, just before Solidus plunged to his death next to the George Washington monument. This scene had so much of an impact for me.

5. MG RAYS - MGS 2 Raiden battling all of those RAYs with just a Stinger. Intense, intense, intense.

6. The End - MGS 3 What a battle of attrition this was :lol. Plus I love how there were a few different ways to kill him. It was very creative of KojiPro to put in those easter eggs.

7. Anubis - ZOE 3 Just an overall cool battle with Jehuty as it battled with its twin mech. Too much awesome.

I would complete this list, as I have more to say... but now there's a ****ing bee in my room!

Damn! I forgot The End! Arguably the best boss fight of the series. I love how drawn out it is, and there's no time limit.

The Solidus fight was so intimidating to me, since he moves so fast with his accelerator. In reality, no way could Raiden win :lol

Jedi Academy - Boba Fett

Arkham Asylum - Croc
Arkham City - Freeze

Dead Space - The Hunter

A friend of mine had made several detailed costumes from the Metal Gear series. Including Rex (8 - 10 feet tall).

MGS 4 Solid snake vs Liquid Ocelot, the fighting gameplay is not interesting but cutscenes just blown me away

The regenerating Hunter in the first Dead Space.

Nihilanth in Half-Life.

Ra's Al Ghul in Arkham City.

The soundtrack(and fluid way it changes depending on the attacks) helped. The Freeze battle had a pretty cool score too.

Cyborg ninja fight in MGS always sticks out, that classic dialogue.

Solomon Grundy, Arkham City?

Wolverine origins when you fight the giant sentinel is crazy.

You know, I really forgot about Arkham City. Lots of great Boss fights in there. Freeze, Grundy, Ra's, and even the Mad Hatter fight - everything was really well executed.

Everyone here listed boss fights I was gonna use...>.> Vergil, MGS 1 and 3, Batman Arkham, damn it all :lol Not like those are bad picks, for the reasons people explained, a lot of the boss fights here are pretty well crafted and memorable.

Zeus in God of War II and III is pretty great, I just finished up Zeus in GoW III for my Let's Play, and it's fun and epic. Some great areas (bar the final part of III's really) and music, and some tense moments and dialogue. I only REALLY wish the final part of Zeus's was on top of Gaia as she was moving around, more Titan gameplay to end the game off.

I wish I had the chance to play shadow of the colossus everyone raves about it. Hope to pick up god of war when it comes to PS4, another one I missed.

1. SNES Final Fantasy 4 & 6; forgot their names, sorry.
  2. Arkham origins; bane & death-stroke.
  3. MGS3; the boss.

Back