Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I really enjoyed the Ultimate Spidey comics up until like issue 80 with Carnage. Things got a little too crazy after that issue.

I don't think Disney should try to buy back the rights to Fantastic Four from 20th Century Fox any longer.

I think Disney should just buy 20th Century Fox.

They should go into the corporate boardroom and tell Jim Gianopulos (CEO) "We spoke to Rupert Murdock this morning. We bought this table and your seat."

Redeeming qualities

They tried establishing a backstory between Reed and Ben that I thought was a little endearing

I liked the casting for Reed and Sue and Franklin

I liked that the four didn't know each other or were best buddies in grade school

I liked the special effects

I also liked Reed unlike the last films, he seemed more wise guy ish than Johnny Storm

The pacing was good in the first act I also liked how their powers manifested this time around

Yeah, definitely not a 9% or F. I gave it 7/10

Is that Ultimate Silver Sable and Ultimate Deadpool?

They might have come I around that time , it's been a while since I read them, I remember Carnage killing and eating Gwen Stacey and pretty much stopped after that.

They might have come I around that time , it's been a while since I read them, I remember Carnage killing and eating Gwen Stacey and pretty much stopped after that.

That was pretty intense... Kinda horrifying :lol

So you didn't stick around for Ultimate Clone Saga then or Death of Spider-man

I can't argue this, the only thing you got wrong here is that Sony is sharing Spider-Man with Marvel but not the profit. Most people think Sony lost by "giving up" Spider-Man but they gained so much more in their deal with Marvel.

Things work out for Marvel too, but they're risking a lot dealing with Sony, Sony has nothing to lose at this point :lol

Every Marvel movie Spider-Man is in they have to get permission from Sony first, and they share no profit with Sony on that movie. Sony benefits because they're now apart of the extremely popular MCU, and can even use some of Marvel's characters in their movies, with Marvel's permission of course. They keep all the profit from their movies. It's really a great deal for Sony.

Hmm not sure where you're getting that from. The original deal with Sony gives Marvel 30% of the profits from the movie. Compare that to the 5% they get from X-Men movies. Not sure what the profit margin is now but I'm guessing it's going to be more since they're actually making the movie themselves.

That was pretty intense... Kinda horrifying :lol

So you didn't stick around for Ultimate Clone Saga then or Death of Spider-man

I might actually give it another go. I was interested in finishing it out but then I heard they already brought Peter Parker back. I kind of spoiled some stuff from the Death of Spider-Man, but I'm still interested in reading everything.

Hmm not sure where you're getting that from. The original deal with Sony gives Marvel 30% of the profits from the movie. Compare that to the 5% they get from X-Men movies. Not sure what the profit margin is now but I'm guessing it's going to be more since they're actually making the movie themselves.

I remember reading an article of it when the deal was made, and I just watched an interview with John Campea from Collider movie talk and he basically described the deal the same way I read a few months ago. I could be wrong though.

I always thought that Sony kept all profit from their movies and Disney made money
from the merchandising.

EDIT: here the link Spider-Man Deal Breakdown at Sony and Marvel | Variety

I don't think Disney should try to buy back the rights to Fantastic Four from 20th Century Fox any longer.

They should go into the corporate boardroom and tell Jim Gianopulos (CEO) "We spoke to Rupert Murdock this morning. We bought this table and your seat."

797.gif
406.gif
1082.gif

hYXvguc.gif

I remember reading an article of it when the deal was made, and I just watched an interview with John Campea from Collider movie talk and he basically described the deal the same way I read a few months ago. I could be wrong though.

I always thought that Sony kept all profit from their movies and Disney made money
from the merchandising.

EDIT: here the link Spider-Man Deal Breakdown at Sony and Marvel | Variety

Ya you're right. Sony doesn't share profit with the Spiderman solo films and Disney doesn't share profits with Spiderman appearing in their movies.. Good deal for both companies really.

who knew that little red pant mouse was going to save superheroes :lol

fox and sony keep killing these franchises, Disney comes and saves them, some kind of bizarro world in here

Sony played ball with marvel for the merch so they weren't all bad its more like avi arad thinking what he was doing was right by doing all announcing all these spin offs that nobody wanted.

So, I wonder if this movie is funny bad. The gif with the Thing throwing the tank and it vanishing was pretty hilarious.

i haven't heard anyone laughing at this. everyone mentions how this is mediocre and dull and boring.

So, no, this is not so bad is funny. this is so bad is painful and dull to watch

58321-Louis-CK-nope-gif-uvTq.gif

We're entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts:

"They need to begin filming a new Fantastic Four movie within 7 years after the last Fantastic Four movie was released. Meaning that they have until about early Fall 2014 to start filming. Once they begin filming, there are other dates that they have to meet. They can't just take 5 years to film the movie. However, the actual time that they have to release the film after filming begins remains a guarded secret by those in the know.
Fox can change the release date. They aren't locked into March 2015. However, what they must do is to begin filming within 7 years after the last FF film was released. Announcing release dates, changing release dates, announcing directors, or anything similar will not stop the FF from reverting. The only thing that will stop the clock is for filming to begin by Fall of 2014."

source: FOX Has Until Fall 2014 to Film 'The Fantastic Four' Before it Reverts ~ Superhero Movie News | Comic Book Movie News 24/7

Fox was up against the clock. Period.
(but by all means cash your Fox PR check).

The article you linked was based on a forum post by a user called "Walt Disney". So again, wrong and far from factual.

The most concrete and notable evidence we have regarding rights reversion comes from the Daredevil rights expiring two years ago - ten years after FOX's Daredevil (2003). That would have given FOX until 2016 to begin production on an FF film in order to retain the rights. Its actually quite common for right reversions to occur at the ten year mark.

So again, the whole "Trank's FF was a rights grab by FOX" shtick is bollocks. Nothing but false anti-Fox propaganda generated by DISNEY fanboys (and probably DISNEY themselves).

Ok folks I think its time to give Fant $ a break now its taking quite a beating already with reviews and fans and probably has a documentary in the works for how bad it is so why don't we just lay off, huh?

Nah just kidding. Drag this ****ing film through the dirt XD

Back