Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Marvel keeps this up, all it’s going to do is make Fox look like the good guys, and Marvel look like greedy money hungry suits.

Isn't Fox only making this movie to keep the movie rights?

I wonder if the rumors about the inhumans vs X-men are also true....

I'm reading more Inhumans / Ms Marvel than X-men, I'm hardly even reading X-men at all anymore.

Isn't Fox only making this movie to keep the movie rights?

I wonder if the rumors about the inhumans vs X-men are also true....

I'm reading more Inhumans / Ms Marvel than X-men, I'm hardly even reading X-men at all anymore.

Sure they are, obviously they want to keep it for monetary reasons (like most studios would), but from everything we know so far it doesn’t seem like they’re treating it like the 1994 release, theres a lot of potential talent involved with making this film.

Last edited:
THE FANTASTIC FOUR To Wear Gritty "Containment Suits" In Josh Trank's Reboot

Michael B. Jordan recently made an appearance on Good Morning America and dropped some additional details about the suits we'll see in the upcoming reboot, The Fantastic Four. It definitely doesn't sound as if we'll see them walking around in bright blue costumes emblazoned with the number "4" (though it's easy to imagine that being the case by the time the credits roll).

"It's a new look," the actor who plays Johnny Storm/The Human Torch revealed in an interview with the ABC show. "We are all in containment suits. It's gritty. It's a gritty film." What will they look like exactly? While the Chronicle star was careful not to give too many details away, he did drop a few additional hints as to what we should expect. "The costume process definitely took some time to get in and out of that thing, especially since I was bulking up. It was a little more snug during filming. We got through it man. It was a process, but we did it. It was hard work."I'm really excited about it, everyone is really happy. We worked hard for three months, put a lot of time into it. The script is very grounded and relatable to everybody, as much as you can. You really get a chance to grow with these characters. It's an origin story. You get to discover these abilities. These disabilities rather and grow with them." That's not the first time the foursome's powers have been described this way of course, so it should be interesting to see how this ends up playing out on the big screen. What do you guys think of the above costume descriptions?
Read more at THE FANTASTIC FOUR To Wear Gritty “Containment Suits" In Josh Trank's Reboot

Simon Kinberg is a very busy man with producing and writing credits on everything from The Fantastic Four to X-Men: Apocalypse and Star Wars. Playing a role in both of the Marvel Comics superhero teams owned by Fox obviously means that he will potentially play a major part if and when the characters are brought to the big screen together. "To be honest, I’m so focused on each of the movies right now - I’m so focused on, now we’re post, on Fantastic Four, and making that the best movie it can be," Kinberg told ComicBook.com in a recent interview when they asked about the possibility of a crossover between the two properies. "And then we’re in prep on X-Men: Apocalypse, so those are kind of full time jobs. I love the characters, I love the characters in Fan Four, and I love the new cast. Obviously I love the characters and cast of X-Men. So, hypothetically, the notion of putting them together is really intriguing, and there’s some really fun stuff that the comics have done in the past. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility."

Read more at Simon Kinberg Offers An Update On Possible FANTASTIC FOUR/X-MEN Crossover Plans

uzGRY57.jpg

I love how they just throw the word gritty willy nilly these days. :rotfl

gritty, GritTy, gRitty, GRITTY, gritty, giTTY,GrittY, greety, gruty, grootee, grewty, gruty, grsra ga.

48694-finding-nemo-seagulls-gif-snRh.gif

:lol

Hopefully Fox lets the rights revert back to Marvel/Disney someday soon and then they'll produce a good movie.

That'd be really cool just so we could see some classic crossover comics on screen like Secret Wars and whatnot but honestly after GOTG I really don't care what Fox does with their movie rights. MCU has the Avengers as their big Earth team and now GOTG as their cosmic team. Almost nothing beats Byrne's classic comic run on the FF but it's hard to imagine even Marvel making Reed Richards as cool as Star-Lord on screen so I'm fine with Fox having the X-Men and FF. Spidey I'd really like to see in the MCU though.

I love how they just throw the word gritty willy nilly these days. :rotfl

gritty, GritTy, gRitty, GRITTY, gritty, giTTY,GrittY, greety, gruty, grootee, grewty, gruty, grsra ga.

48694-finding-nemo-seagulls-gif-snRh.gif
:lol :lol :lol

Somewhat akin to your gif there Gaspar - despite the parrots that trumpet their disapproval of the old films.. I'll still have those to enjoy long after this **** fest gets forgotten.

"It's gritty. It's a gritty film. . .The script is very grounded."

932.gif

Well, I guess they've really got zero interest in the spirit of the source. . .**** 'em.

I don't even want to see it at the moment. It's on par with Snyder and Goyer making Superman "gritty and grounded." **** that ****. I can forgive a lot, in terms of filmmakers taking liberties with comics, but not sure about this.

I was pretty much out the moment what's his tool said, "screw the fans who don't think I should be Human Torch, they'll pay to see it anyway." Nope. In no way am I desperate to see a fifth tier superhero flick that spits at the source material and its fans. I'll just watch AoU or Ant-Man for the umpteenth time next summer instead of paying one dime to see that "FF" movie.

Back