Fantastic Four - November 6, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... Like congrats to those actors and anyone who is happy about this but that casting lol

Yeah.
I'm NOT feeling that cast, Doom's casting would have to be fire [Glenn Howerton is right there people] to capture my interest.

Honestly, Im kind of checked out of Marvel, the only thing im looking forward to there is Deadpool and Wolverine.

Bad casting imo. Been a while since I consumed any F4 material but isn’t Johnny supposed to be a total playboy? And they cast… that guy?

I like the 60's vibe. I wonder if it'll be set in the 60's. That'd be cool.
If so then otomofan's rule of typecasting seems to be continuing in full effect.

"We need to cast someone for a colorful superhero movie set in a previous decade, quick call Pedro Pascal!"

lol

That’s been the leak/rumour for a while. Honestly I hope it’s not true. Seems like a copout for explaining their absence.

They deal with space stuff, right? Maybe they'll do a Captain America and have them be lost in space or trapped in some kind of time warp, and by the end of the film when they get back, they're in the present. Nobody knows who they are and all records of the "fantastic 4" program were destroyed or erased when they disappeared.

Oh, I am digging this news. And If 60s setting 🔥.

Attachments

• IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I'm surprised that they didn't cast either the new Elvis guy or the guy who played Hangman in Maverick as Johnny since those two seem to be in everything these days and would be good fits for the character.
Yeah I thought he would be a perfect fit but the Eddie Munson guy should do just fine. Pretty stellar casting overall, although Pedro seems to be in everything these days. At least Vanessa Kirby won't need to wear a hideous blonde wig like Jessica Alba lol...

At least Vanessa Kirby won't need to wear a hideous blonde wig like Jessica Alba lol...
Yeah I didn't know it was possible to make Jessica Alba look bad but they somehow found a way in Rise of the Silver Surfer. Those contacts and wig were sooo bad, lol. She looked like one of the dudes from the movie White Chicks, lol.

So in what world is it OK for there to be a romance between a 48 year old man and a 35 year old woman? That's disgusting. Typical Hollywood age gap exploiting impressionable young women. Predatory. Grooming. I can't even. I just can't.

So in what world is it OK for there to be a romance between a 48 year old man and a 35 year old woman? That's disgusting. Typical Hollywood age gap exploiting impressionable young women. Predatory. Grooming. I can't even. I just can't.
Modern Hollywood would never be that gross. I'm sure Sue will have a romance with She-Hulk instead.

Other than asshat, I mean Pascal, I had no idea who any of these people are by name.

After looking them up, Vanessa Kirby is the only one that looks like a nice fit, but that's about it. Can't wait to see how plain they make her look as sexy women aren't allowed in the MCU anymore. And in no way can Pascal ever pull off being one of the smartest people in the world. :lol Really bad casting there.

I have NO faith in this movie due to all the current trends. Even if they make the cast look and resemble the actual classic comic FF, if the Silver Surfer rumor is still true making him female I'm out by a mile and will NEVER EVER watch this garbage. Same goes for whatever abomination they are sure to turn Doom into.

And if true, putting this in the 60's is interesting but really doesn't work in a shared Universe that started the current year in 2008 with Iron Man. That only would've worked if they were doing a storyline with Annihilus and they got stuck in the Negative Zone or something. But they can't do that cause they already used the dumbass Quantum Realm crap in Ant-Man with Wasp being trapped there.

And worst of all, we'll never get to see the FF interact with the original Avengers team. With the REAL Cap or Iron Man, a proper Hulk or Thor or even the Guardians. Just the losers that are left in the current MCU no one gives a :poop: about.

Maybe Johnny will have a fling with Echo.. Can't wait to see Sue lust after dad bod Namoooooor... The possibilites are endless!! :slap

As far as I'm concerned, Disney, Bob Iger & Kevin Feige can FO. They destroyed the MCU beyond repair. They'd be better of using this as a starting off point for a reboot.

This is satire right?

I have NO faith in this movie due to all the current trends.

About right.

The casting does nothing for me -- I don't find it offensive but it's certainly not hip or cool or 'challenging'.

Pedro is so overused these days. But there's always that guy. Remember in the late 80's-early 90's when Bruce Willis was suddenly in everything? Pedro is solid but I don't see the connection to the Stretchy-Guy other than topical casting.

Really amazed all the roles went to whites though. I mean, really.

Back