Fan Expo Dallas Comic Con June 3-5, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the exclusives for Premium & VIP ticket holders have been revealed.

FX-DALLAS_Premium_Package_wText.png

Man, they're doing a lot of special events outside of the convention this year. Now they're offering tickets for an evening with William Shatner.

SPECIAL EVENT: AN EVENING WITH WILLIAM SHATNER
Kicking off the events of Fan Expo Dallas, we are proud to welcome William Shatner as our opening night guest! This year we celebrate 50 years of Star Trek, and you’ll hear tales from the set of the USS Enterprise and beyond. This event includes a professional photo op with Mr. Shatner and one autograph.
TIME: THURSDAY, JUNE 2ND AT 7:00 PM

AN EVENING WITH WILLIAM SHATNER: $199 in advance
NOTE: Admission to FAN EXPO DALLAS™ is not required to attend this special event.

Just got my Saturday ticket and photo op with the Phelps twins. My 9 year old is super pumped about meeting them. She bought a Marauder's Map for them to sign. The photo op is going to be a surprise. :)

Just got my Saturday ticket and photo op with the Phelps twins. My 9 year old is super pumped about meeting them. She bought a Marauder's Map for them to sign. The photo op is going to be a surprise. :)

That's awesome. I don't think I'm doing any photo ops this year. I think we're going to get a couple autographs and take it easy the rest of the weekend.

That's awesome. I don't think I'm doing any photo ops this year. I think we're going to get a couple autographs and take it easy the rest of the weekend.

This is the first photo up I have ever purchased. I normally don't like reminders of how ugly I am compared to celebs, but I am staying out of it anyways. :)

This is the first year I haven't been that excited about the exclusives--though I'm getting the lunch box and civil war comic with my ticket package so those are a given. I'll probably just get the coloring book and a shirt.

This is the first year I haven't been that excited about the exclusives--though I'm getting the lunch box and civil war comic with my ticket package so those are a given. I'll probably just get the coloring book and a shirt.

Those are safe bets. The lunchbox may be a pleasant surprise. I've thought about collecting vintage lu ch boxes but just never could start it. Space would have to be plentiful for that lol.

I've never been to this. Been to Wizard World in Texas but not Dallas Comic Con. How does it compare to the Wizard World conventions?

I've never been to this. Been to Wizard World in Texas but not Dallas Comic Con. How does it compare to the Wizard World conventions?

It's essentially the same setup. The main area is broken into sections: Retailers, Artist Alley, Autographs, Photo Op. Outside the main area are other rooms for the panels on a couple floors of the convention center. There's a big open area inside the main room for cosplayers to get pictures taken, plus the lobby area. Lots of people--I think around 60k last year if I remember right. It keeps getting bigger and bigger each year.

Cool. Thanks! That's large enough that it may be worthwhile to get a booth there with it being somewhat local and about a 1/4 the cost of SDCC.

Had a good first day today. Met Hayley Atwell, bought some stuff, and had a nice birthday dinner a table away from George Takei.

Back