Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the prices of these figures, I'm only getting Dave. My plan is to display him in front of a 1/6 scale monolith... despite, if memory serves, suited Dave never appearing on-screen with the monolith. Still, it seems like an appropriate setup in my head.

That's a good idea. Can't really get more than one either and the monolith would give him something to interact with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent final payment for Bowman and Poole to Executive Replicas this morning - so hopefully have these in hand soon (getting shipped via DHL from China)

I sent my final payment a few days before New Years. He said that he would ship DHL. Did you get a tracking notice? I got no tracking notice? I assume since it was shipped from a factory it probably does not have a tracking number.

Merchandising one's creative works is selling out?

Merchandising art is. Then it's no longer art -- just another commodity.

Bowman's suit color is dependent on lighting cues, but it should be more orange rather than the cherry red this suit appears to be.
___

I sent my final payment a few days before New Years. He said that he would ship DHL. Did you get a tracking notice? I got no tracking notice? I assume since it was shipped from a factory it probably does not have a tracking number.

I did not get a tracking number. I am emailing them tonight to see if they will give an actual ship date and if I will get a tracking number. The original email from them came the day after Christmas and said they were shipping in 2 weeks which would mean they should start shipping the week of Jan 11th.

I haven't been this excited since I opened up my Major Matt Mason on XMas.

matt_mason.jpg

For all that are familiar with that toy, you must be old like me (in my 50's).

Man I so want a silver suit to display in lunar dust with him touching the monolith.

I haven't been this excited since I opened up my Major Matt Mason on XMas.

View attachment 235993

For all that are familiar with that toy, you must be old like me (in my 50's).

Man I so want a silver suit to display in lunar dust with him touching the monolith.

I have on old Twinch (?) silver suit I acquired years ago.

It's a little beat up, the clear visor needs to be glued back on and the backpack straps need some work.

PM me if you are interested. I have to get it out of storage and can send you pics next weekend

I'm going to wait to see if ER makes the lunar suit before deciding what to do with my Twinch silver. Probably keep it no matter what, for the (notorious) historical value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No doubt the outrageously high Twinch Squad suit prices will collapse (red, blue, yellow) upon release of the new Executive Replicas figures and suits. Until Executive Replicas releases a silver suit, the prior silver ones may still get those crazy prices.

I hope sales of the new ones go well. I'd like to see the Executive Replicas Eva Pod comes out as well as the silver suit. Yes, I'd pay $1,500USD to buy a fully lit with interior Eva Pod.

No doubt the outrageously high Twinch Squad suit prices will collapse (red, blue, yellow) upon release of the new Executive Replicas figures and suits. Until Executive Replicas releases a silver suit, the prior silver ones may still get those crazy prices.

I hope sales of the new ones go well. I'd like to see the Executive Replicas Eva Pod comes out as well as the silver suit. Yes, I'd pay $1,500USD to buy a fully lit with interior Eva Pod.

So would I...........:hi5:

Executive Replicas had this on display at Toyfair a while back, but it never materialized... it may yet come to pass.
In fact, I'll ask them about it the next time we talk. I was told they'll be shut down until after Chinese new year (February...19th I think?) then our talks will resume.
View attachment 163409
View attachment 163410
I REALLY hope we see the pod too, Kl241... A great display would be Dave Bowman inside with no helmet, and Frank Poole's dead body outside grasped in the robotic claws.

Did someone tell Executive Replicas that the 4 main Eva Pod headlights were not yellow? Also, didn't the 4 main headlights have chrome reflectors inside them with the bulb?

It's amazing that the 1968 designs of 2001 hold up to this day, especially the Eva Pod.

I just received an out-of-the-blue phone call from DHL with a tracking number, which shows a package being shipped from Hong Kong. I can only surmise this is the 2001 spacesuit being shipped directly, as they had recently promised.

It'll be nice to get my hands on this, as I'm a Twinch Squad victim from way back in 2000.

Great book, although I wish they designed the book to open in landscape format instead of the vertical layout. Photos are either too small or have the center spine running through them. It was a Cinerama presentation after all.
Exciting!! Post pics as soon as you get it.

Has anyone gotten the book "The Making of Stanley Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey"?
The Making of Stanley Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey': Piers Bizony, M/M (Paris): 9783836559546: Amazon.com: Books

View attachment 237029

I agree, the photos and text on the making of 2001 are great. Too bad they are wasted on such a impractical format.
Although the book designer wanted to keep the monolith shape, many of the images are lost in the center gutter. All the gatefolds are annoying, and the danger of creases or dog earring the pages are multiplied. Maybe someday, someone will take the same photos, drawings, schematics and illustrations and put them in a proper large format coffee table book and the leave the imagery large and unobstructed.

One Amazon reviewer's opinion: "In what will go down as one of the most horrific decisions in book making history... these amazing and rare photos and illustrations are force fit into pages that have a useable space of about 6 inches wide, and 14 inches tall. This makes presentation of these glorious visuals an impossible task... either the images have to be shrunk to postcard size... or, and this is almost criminal... the image must be split, down the center, across the book spline. OH. MY. GOD. The CENTER of these amazing images... hopelessly lost in the curving folds between adjacent pages."

If you are a fan of the film, it is still worth having, just be prepared...

just looked at my email and on the 11th I got an email from Executive Replicas asking for my phone number for the DHL delivery!!! It's happening!!!!!

Back