Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This means that I can expect to receive some free figures any day now, in payment for my research work. Officially stoked!

Congrats, you totally deserve it for all the work you've done.

Really wish there was a 1:6 monolith to go with these.

I'd get a 1/6 monolith and Moon Watcher without hesitation.

FYI,
I have been in contact with Atomic City models since last year. THIS would be incredible with the new figures. They finishing up a 1/6 EVO POD model kit. They are going for $525.00 Here are the pics and order instructions they sent me:
STUDIO SCALE EVA POD KIT - HOW TO ORDER in NEW PRODUCT: STUDIO SCALE EVA POD Forum

bigpod.jpg
podkit1.jpg
podkit3.jpg
podkit4.jpg

Last edited:
Sending off payment today. I ordered both plus the blue suit so hope they turn out stellar. The pod does look cool.

Pod looks great and I'm not even put off by the price.

It's the thought of putting it together, wiring it, and painting it correctly that frightens me.

A Moonwatcher would be fantastic. Did anyone get their invoices? I got the email and responded but have yet to get the payment request. I suppose I can go on the site and check out that way.

I can't even get executive replica to respond to my request for the initial email.

A Moonwatcher would be fantastic. Did anyone get their invoices? I got the email and responded but have yet to get the payment request. I suppose I can go on the site and check out that way.

I paid for my figures last Sunday and its been a few days since I got a shipping notice. I think it may because of the holidays/New Years.

FYI,
I have been in contact with Atomic City models since last year. THIS would be incredible with the new figures. They finishing up a 1/6 EVO POD model kit. They are going for $525.00 Here are the pics and order instructions they sent me:
STUDIO SCALE EVA POD KIT - HOW TO ORDER in NEW PRODUCT: STUDIO SCALE EVA POD Forum

View attachment 232946
View attachment 232947
View attachment 232948
View attachment 232949

So does the Capt Cardboard 1/6 scale Eva Pod come with a full interior layout and decals?

Has anyone heard if Executive Replicas will do a Heywood Floyd white/silver astronaut suit?

Has anyone heard if Executive Replicas will do a Heywood Floyd white/silver astronaut suit?
I'm sworn to secrecy. Does that answer your question?
While we are waiting, it might be a good idea to read and memorize the instructions for the zero-gravity toilet.
Zero-Gravity Toilet.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sworn to secrecy. Does that answer your question?
While we are waiting, it might be a good idea to read and memorize the instructions for the zero-gravity toilet.
View attachment 234001

Actually, the person at Executive Replicas emailed me back already and said they "hope" to do the silver/white astronaut suit if sales do well, but no promises. That was about 3 months back and I was just wondering if there was any update. I understand until it's a reality that there is no official word.

Just found an answer to my question on the Atomic City 1/6 scale EVA Pod. It's a solid casting at the $525 price point…no interior. That said, Atomic City/Capt. Cardboard said in the sales thread that there would be a later release that had a full interior.

"I need to reiterate so that everyone is aware-- This kit builds the Pod exterior only. This is why the door is cast as part of the main body shell. There was no reason to make it a separate piece since there was no way to provide the means for it to be guided as it opened and closed. A rotocasting produces an interior surface completely useless for that purpose. In a few months, another version of this model will be finished and it will feature a complete interior and operating door, but that version is only offered as a finished item-- it will not be available as a kit."

It has me wondering if Atomic City is providing the finished version with interior and lighting on the 1/6 scale Eva Pod for Executive Replicas then?

BTW, I just ordered the Keir Dullea/red suit from Executive Replicas. I might have to add the Bowman figure too if I get the 1/6 scale Eva Pod. Dullea inside and Bowman on the Eva Pod arms. How cool would that be!?

Back