EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we need some thread open to report to other freaks what they got charged...keep it open until end of January

I agree we need some public feedback on this but not until the end of January when we have some parcels posted out.

The comments by EU posters have been far worse than any other posters. The EU warehouse may pertain particularly to EU customers, but the implications affect all International customers. Local posters have insights and opinions too.

What is fortunate is that Sideshow is bothering to post explanations here. Once this matter became so complicated, I threw in the towel. It's a nightmare I don't care to involve myself too much with until the dust settles and fact can be more easily determined from misinformation and misunderstanding. People are at least passionate even if many are impolite and or irrational.

This has no impact on you other than you have been promised cheaper shipping through Fedex. So of course EU customers are going to be more upset than Australian customers as your basically status quo.

Why did it take you so long to tell us this?

1) I don't care about "faster delivery". I got a pre-order on the Legolas PF. So what if it comes two days faster - my order was made 1,5 years before it will be shipped. I can easily wait a few days more.
2) hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ........... I've had one order that needed replacement but you couldn't honor that and had to give me my money back instead.
3) I've had no problems with the trackingnumbers so far, have worked prefectly. Looking forward to see how you can improve something prefect.
4) Wow .......... I might save $5 but FedEx charges me $25 to handle customs. Where's the "competitive rates?
5) Looking forward to this.

Personally I don't care about any of the above. I don't need it or use it. I pay cash at one time. I know what I want and don't need any "Promotion opportunities" or "Increasing Freebies". Just delivers great busts, statues, PFF ect - that's what you do great so keep doing it instead of all that "Wallmart added value" stuff.

Once again: what took you so long to come clean? If you had only said all this in the first announcement I would had understand. It would have been honest, it would have been straight-forward. And it wouldn't have been the first time I've had heard something like that. But instead you tried to sell it to your loyal eu-customers to be a advantage for them which it clearly isn't. You have disapointed me deeply, not for doing what you did but for the way you handle and communicated it :(

Amen to that!!!!

We're pretty embarrassed too. Dave probably moreso than anyone. And it looks like we're to all be continually embarrassed.

What I find ironic is that your above quote can now be repeated on a continuing basis. After every other post would do the trick.

Yeah, I'm not proud of this post, but if I'm going to be embarrassed I may as well be embarrassing, just for the sake of it. :eek:

This is not sniping or anything, just anger. Now if anyone wants to close this thread down I honnestly don't care! The evil is done.
Thank you Sideshow for the reply. I'm not at all convinced but at least you had the courage to come out. I will wait for the first shipment but if it's more of a problem than it used to be, well it won't give me any choice but to cancel.
As for the USPS matter, I buy from other legitimate companies, not Ebayers, that declare the proper amount on the custom papers and I've never had any trouble or VAT to pay with them. This is not because they cheated but because so many parcels are sent through USPS that to have your shipment taxed makes it more improbable. Sure, most of the time, it doesn't offer tracking but I couldn"t care less. In over ten years of order history, I've never had a lost package.

As for those who don't like my comment, I guess you'll like it better when the first parcels will begin to come to you with more trouble than before...
Now, for me, this thread is closed and I don't need to come back and complain. It's clear the decision's been made and that whether we like it or not, we'll have to live with it...

Last edited:
the thread has to be open imo.we should wait everyone for their first orders and then post exactly the fees and the charges.

As for the USPS matter, I buy from other legitimate companies, not Ebayers, that declare the proper amount on the custom papers and I've never had any trouble or VAT to pay with them. This is not because they cheated but because so many parcels are sent through USPS that to have your shipment taxed makes it more improbable. Sure, most of the time, it doesn't offer tracking but I couldn't care less. In over ten years of order history, I've never had a lost package.

As I explained the USPS rates are much higher and they do not offer volume discounts like privatized carriers. They also have manual customs paperwork requirements and size restrictions, which do not accommodate all of our item categories. You did not mention names of the other legitimate companies you purchase from that never seem to have legal taxes assessed to their shipments, however we ship a large volume of items and have always had custom fees assessed to our packages regardless of shipping method. Years ago we shipped our smaller LOTR items USPS into Canada. Also had the wonderful experience of being back billed months later for the customs fees that the customer never paid upon delivery. So you may have skated on them but someone pays them, meaning the shipper.

I appreciate that you have had perfect delivery experiences. It is always our hope that everyone gets everything 100% perfectly, but that is not always the case. It seems that nobody cares about tracking or the efficiency of the delivery service until their package never shows. At that point, who should be financially responsible for it, the company who sent it or the customer who chose the ineffective shipment method? In the end, the customer gets reimbursed and the product is lost along with any revenue. Again our wonderful USPS Canadian shipment experiences.

I hope that we can keep this thread open and that the sniping is held to a minimum so that EU collectors can post the feedback of current packages being received!

Best,
Chicky

Thanks for the continued replies Chicky, at least you guys come on here and explain yourselves!
Reading that last post, it sounds like the EU warehouse was a pain in the ass, especially as you didn't own it outright.
As i said, i used to buy from Sideshow before the EU warehouse, and i'm sure i can after. The only thing that worries me is shipping and customs/tax in this country for large items.
Chicky/Dusty/anyone - what if an item - especially a large $350 diorama item - arrives broken? As i understand it we have to smash the broken item up, take photos to prove it's broken, then you send a replacement yes? Do we pay for shipping and customs/tax all over again, even though we've already done that for the broken item?
Thanks for any reply!

Oh and P.S. if you want to hear about EU collectors receiving statues from the U.S. feel free to convert my wait-list for the shades of Mordor exclusive diorama! :D

Glad the thread stays open - for now.

You'll get info on the charges pretty soon it seems!!! Here's something very unfortunate that just happened to me. A couple of minutes ago, I received processing mails for 6 (six) of my preorders. It is 1.50AM here now. These orders are said to be precessed on Jan. 4th and Jan 5th. SSC closes in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. They are closed for the new year, and after that, it's weekend. So practically they will be open again on Jan 4th. And, that's when some of my pre orders start to process... . Not very much time to get all the info needed to do the math and to decide whether I cancel the orders or not. I guess I'm lucky I'm still awake now, otherwise I would have missed the chance to call altogether. Calling now.

EDIT: no one was available at the EU department. Someone friendly I talked to said she would forward my question to the EU department, so that they hopefully would get back to me on Jan 4th BEFORE my orders will process and my card be charged.

Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Thanks for the continued replies Chicky, at least you guys come on here and explain yourselves!
Reading that last post, it sounds like the EU warehouse was a pain in the ass, especially as you didn't own it outright.
As i said, i used to buy from Sideshow before the EU warehouse, and i'm sure i can after. The only thing that worries me is shipping and customs/tax in this country for large items.
Chicky/Dusty/anyone - what if an item - especially a large $350 diorama item - arrives broken? As i understand it we have to smash the broken item up, take photos to prove it's broken, then you send a replacement yes? Do we pay for shipping and customs/tax all over again, even though we've already done that for the broken item?
Thanks for any reply!

We send a replacement on our dime and mark the customs paperwork as REPLACEMENT, which indicates you have already paid for the item the first time around. IN rare cases you may have to show or fax customs your receipt for initial shipment to them to prove the paperwork is not being 'faked' to get it through without paying VAT. We also mark the paperwork to charge us if they try to assess customs again.

ALICE- no worries as you can cancel online up to 48 hours so you have through the weekend. As I said in January we are starting to supply most of the ship costs with the estimated arrival e-mails. In this case I would e-mail [email protected] directly. Supply them all the pre-orders #s that are processing and tell them to place them on hold until you receive a ship cost from them! They will usually give you a time frame of 2 or 3 business days to reply with a yes or no. Easy-peasy.

Best,
Chicky

ALICE- no worries as you can cancel online up to 48 hours so you have through the weekend. As I said in January we are starting to supply most of the ship costs with the estimated arrival e-mails. In this case I would e-mail [email protected] directly. Supply them all the pre-orders #s that are processing and tell them to place them on hold until you receive a ship cost from them! They will usually give you a time frame of 2 or 3 business days to reply with a yes or no. Easy-peasy.

Best,
Chicky

Thanks Chicky, but I want to wait until I have a shipping quote before I cancel those orders. It looks as if I will get the quote no sooner than Jan 4th.! I need this information to decide whether to keep or cancel. It's pretty unfortunate that I receive these processing mails just hours before SSC closes.
A friendly representative called Lisa said she would put a remark in my online account to keep my orders on hold until the EU department has gotten back to me. Hope they do before my CC get's charged!

SSC has a lot of outstanding reps, and they are the best part of the company. I said it several times. And some good ones have left SSC also. I still remember how much Cindy S. did for me, before she left SSC.

Chicky, should I go ahead and send the mail as you suguest anyway? It might be considered a multiple request for the same thing.

SSC has a lot of outstanding reps, and they are the best part of the company. I said it several times. And some good ones have left SSC also. I still remember how much Cindy S. did for me, before she left SSC.

Chicky, should I go ahead and send the mail as you suggest anyway? It might be considered a multiple request for the same thing.

Please go ahead and send that e-mail in. Our Eu group in general are trying to contact most eu collectors that have pre-orders, which they expected to ship from eu warehouse, with ship quotes from US warehouse prior to processing. So more than likely they were not going to buzz your credit card until sending another correspondence.

They also sweep through in coming e-mails prior to processing for the day just in case they get a last minute e-mail from a client. And yes - Lisa rocks!

Please contact us if you have anymore questions.

best,
Chicky

Please go ahead and send that e-mail in. Our Eu group in general are trying to contact most eu collectors that have pre-orders, which they expected to ship from eu warehouse, with ship quotes from US warehouse prior to processing. So more than likely they were not going to buzz your credit card until sending another correspondence.

They also sweep through in coming e-mails prior to processing for the day just in case they get a last minute e-mail from a client. And yes - Lisa rocks!

Please contact us if you have anymore questions.

best,
Chicky

ok, thanks. Happy new year.

Hi chicky.

1/ In futur will sideshow add automaticaly freebies in package as my last in stock order don't came with free ornament and the time Eu customer service replied the freebies were sold out.
Perhaps when sideshow give freebies, just add option box on ordering page to let customer choose if he want it.
Will save time for all of us (for customer and EU rep).

2/I really hope sideshow will expand reward point for international customer and give them double rewarded points on item like Premium format, comiquette, 12"... all under 1000$.

3/ I don't understand your shipping quote.
For France sideshow send me this:
Diorama gandalf vs Balrog weitght 49LB --> 60$77 shipping
Diorama Blade vs Dracula weight 50LB ---> 50$91 shipping
12" Hot Toys weight 13LB ---> 37$45 shipping
And one french customer told us he paid 8$ for a Iron man Mark II life Size bust.
Don't understand why balrog/gandalf diorama is higher as fedex write the same weight and this diorama box is smaller.
Shipping quotes depend on weight?? or sideshow charge higher shipping when they want and smaller when they want :confused:

Last edited:
Yes those shipping quotes are strange.
If the quote for that 12" figure is correct, there's no difference compared to how it was. The difference is that all other costs - tax & duty - will be higher. And that there's an advancement fee to pay. It always amounts to the same thing: it will be more expensive. We knew that from the beginning.

Back