Episode 7 Storyline Predictions ***Potential Spoilers***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the scene, where Chewbacca hits the detonator is the final sacrifice of himself, Han and maybe even the Falcon. I don't think it has anything to do with the explosion shown after (in the trailer).
I hope I'm wrong...but if it's good for the story, it'll be an epic sacrifice.
Nah I don't see them going that far. I do think that Han will die as it'll add some emotional impact and its something Ford wanted a long time ago but I think it'd be too much to kill both him and Chewie.

I definitely agree about the predictions of Rey and Kylo being somehow related and possibly the offspring of Han and Leia or of Luke. The film being a journey to find Luke seems likely too.

Finn is not related to Lando or any other past SW character, his name is derived from his stormtrooper # which is FN-2187

So if Finn's just a regular guy who can change his mind, why do stormtroopers wear helmets ALL THE TIME even when they don't need to? There's tons of imperial personnel that have bare faces throughout the OT yet stormies ALWAYS wear helmets even when other personnel don't, so you assume they HAVE TO because they're clones or cyborgs or robots (or whatever people assumed back in the day) but the first stormie we see appears to be none of those - just a normal regular guy who "cann' take no more Capt'n!"

And... why is EVERY SINGLE FACE we have ever seen of the "evil" Empire (i.e. every single human Imperial face seen in SW, ESB and ROTJ - Imperial techs, DSC's, officers etc.) white, yet the one and only Imperial who "turns good" takes off his helmet... and he's black? It's 30 years later and maybe things are changed a bit but... what are the chances?

So if Finn's just a regular guy who can change his mind, why do stormtroopers wear helmets ALL THE TIME even when they don't need to? There's tons of imperial personnel that have bare faces throughout the OT yet stormies ALWAYS wear helmets even when other personnel don't, so you assume they HAVE TO because they're clones or cyborgs or robots (or whatever people assumed back in the day) but the first stormie we see appears to be none of those - just a normal regular guy who "cann' take no more Capt'n!"

And... why is EVERY SINGLE FACE we have ever seen of the "evil" Empire (i.e. every single human Imperial face seen in SW, ESB and ROTJ - Imperial techs, DSC's, officers etc.) white, yet the one and only Imperial who "turns good" takes off his helmet... and he's black? It's 30 years later and maybe things are changed a bit but... what are the chances?

It means that there is more than 1 black guy in the SW universe. Finn is not related in any way to Lando.

I don't remember any Stormtroopers taking off their helmets. So who knows what the racial, ethnic and alien mix was supposed to have been. All of the Clonetroopers were the same guy, and they were based on an actor of mixed ethnicity Maori/white. Good Grief.

While Lando is still one of my favorite all-time SW characters, hopefully Finn is not his son. If anything Finn might be related to Mace, maybe not. Or just his own path. I am pretty certain Rey is the Skywalker line and probably Kylo as well. This seems to be their story, and possibly they are twins. For all we know since twins genes generally come from the father's side, Anakin might have a long lost twin, wouldn't that be a twist?

I really don't want to hear any major spoilers until I actually see the movie, which probably won't be until day 2, 3 or 4 depending on ticket availability. So that's gonna be tough. I remember when ESB came out back in the day, long before the internet -- I was listening to the radio and the #&@! DJ spoiled the Vader-Luke reveal.

Last edited:

Vader took off his helmet and turned good. He was white.

It means that there is more than 1 black guy in the SW universe. Finn is not related in any way to Lando.

But you see my point?

Look at the Emperor's arrival - hundreds and hundreds of Imperial faces visible - all of them white.

Vader took off his helmet and turned good. He was white.

He was really, really white.:rotfl

I'm talking Imperial soldiers. The rank and file. That's not Vader.

I don't remember any Stormtroopers taking off their helmets. So who knows what the racial, ethnic and alien mix was supposed to have been. All of the Clonetroopers were the same guy, and they were based on an actor of mixed ethnicity Maori/white. Good Grief.

That sounds great but... in truth, it's not as simple as that. You see hundreds and hundreds of Imperial faces throughout the OT - from the very lowest level (techs, equipment handlers, mechanics) to the highest (top level officers and advisors.) And they are ALL white.

Put simply, because they are based on the Nazis (Lucas even refers to Imperials as such in the Bluray commentary) and the Nazis did NOT have ethnic diversity in their ranks - they were idealogically against it.

What I'm saying is the WWII association is what gives the SW saga its power and relevancy, and to show a Nazi soldier as black is thematically wrong - and also doesn't make any sense based on what TFA is following. Maybe they're just throwing all the logic and framework of the OT out the window like they did in the PT?

And clonetroopers thing made about as much sense as midichlorians, so I'm just focussing on OT and follow-on trilogies because they are the closest sequentially.

And I'm just making a logic point - no need for outrage.

Posted this awhile back in the movie thread:

Assumption: So Threepio gets into the First Order and ends up with a red arm -- red highlights seem to be a First Order thing (like Finn's TIE).

Anyone think that the first part of "Han's mission" is to rescue Threepio from the First Order because he (maybe in conjunction with R2) has a clue to where Luke is hiding?

But you see my point?

No man, actually I don't. What it sounds like to me you are saying is, just because Finn is black he must be related to Lando. I am sorry if I read that wrong but that's the way it comes across to me.

Kylo chases Rey, Han saves her, gets cut down in front of Chewie. Chewie goes bat**** crazy.
Rey pilots the falcon out of the forest. Lead into final battle assault of starkiller base, not a dry eye in the house.

Finn isn't related to Lando, that was just a listing someone made to get attention. Not official.

All of this is out there, the earliest leaked plots seem very very accurate. Snook is the only mystery at this point.

Why are people talking about Finn being related to Lando? Is a private seller on Amazon who made their own item title that persuasive? Yikes.

No man, actually I don't. What it sounds like to me you are saying is, just because Finn is black he must be related to Lando. I am sorry if I read that wrong but that's the way it comes across to me.

I'm baffled how you've come to that conclusion.

I predict this will make up for the entire PT in one movie.

1. Finn is not a ducktrooper; he's a spy using the armor as a disguise to escape
  2. Finn is not related to Lando
  3. Finn gets killed by Kylo in the snow forest; that is who Rey is crying over in the trailer
  4. All Finn action figures are peg warmers

"It's like poetry... sort of... they rhyme... hopefully it works..."

Back