Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there I was sitting around the house goofing off with my Bruce Lee collection as usual when I realized that 3 GOD smiley faces need some fondling, yes, good ol' fashion groping. And as I was molesting those beautiful faces, it suddenly hit me.

"My gawd, what hideous hairs you all have!"

It was just such a waste to see those gorgeous faces stuck under the same atrocity. It was time for him to get hip. It was time for me to get hardcore. So I pulled out my Dremmel set and went to work.

"Ahhhh, there you go my dear Mr. Lee. That is more like it. Now your irresistable charm is out for all to see!"
UL25.jpg

WayoftheDragonSmilescene.jpg

I'm impress on ahgnus had done on the smiling face of GOD figure. If the mod putting Way of the Dragon suit, it will be really look like the picture shown.

Well spotted!

If EB had given the smiler moving eyes then this conversion might have been easier for us to achieve, mind you, it would have made it more expensive.

CHEERS!

Another question for you guys as I await EB's reply.
On the backdrop with the cloth/paper window treatments, on the 2 largest ones near the bottom, are those supposed to be solid white or no? On mine they are white but it almost looks like the glue or whatever sticks it to the wood is showing through...in other words you can see thru the paper enough to make out the framework of what it's been glued or taped to.

Does that make sense, and if so is this how its supposed to be?

On the backdrop with the cloth/paper window treatments, on the 2 largest ones near the bottom, are those supposed to be solid white or no? On mine they are white but it almost looks like the glue or whatever sticks it to the wood is showing through...in other words you can see thru the paper enough to make out the framework of what it's been glued or taped to.

I think everyones is like that. Its "normal".
I will add an extra layer of paper over it so its no longer see-through.

Yeah the glue lines are just as visible on their original Game of Death backdrop. It's disappointing that they have the exact same problem years later. Sticking paper to wood isn't that problematic is it?

Without having this in hand :)() I could only guess that applying an adhesive strong enough and flexible enough in production terms means using a glue that's prone to spreading beyond its application area. They could have used a low-tack adhesive, but then there would inevitably be issues with some paper not sticking to the wood.

Yeah covering it up wouldnt be the issue, I just didn't know if this is how this wall type looks in real life, I didn't want to "fix" something if they made it look like this on purpose to match something.

Thanks for the input.

Yeah covering it up wouldnt be the issue, I just didn't know if this is how this wall type looks in real life, I didn't want to "fix" something if they made it look like this on purpose to match something.

Thanks for the input.

just google Bruce Lee Game of Death for images.
Or watch it on youtube - glue lines are not visible on the real windows :)

regarding a reply from EB..i contacted them regarding my RM-X set paid for on the 25-07 and they are (away from the office!!) till 4thaug.gr8:mad:..so dont expect a reply just yet..no body for me this week then:gah:

Oh, oh dear..

Unless they posted it already. Just trying to keep the mood upbeat.

CHEERS!

i hope so too..but in an upbeat mood my smiley head and hand set just came:yess:..pulled out ball neck peg (easy) stuck on a BL3 NICE TIGHT FIT.and the ball peg fits older bruce heads so if you can only afford a new body you can use older heads (£s are short these days)..when my RM-X gets here im going to have a mess around with a few heads i have:lol

Cool!

I tried my FOF head on my RM-X (just sat it on) and it looked a bit small. I don't see many legit BL3.5's on eBay now, most look like knock off's and I wouldn't know which to trust.

CHEERS!

i bought 2 loose with xtra hands off this seller ning_quinox on ebay cost about £30 each with shipping and both seem fine..also picked up a body and FOF head for £41..that should be here today..i agree newer heads seem slightly bigger and it seems hair on smiley face is glued on

Thanks for the input.

I think it looks pretty cool as it is to be honest. The glue/tape marks give it a bit more detail and scale.

i bought 2 loose with xtra hands off this seller ning_quinox on ebay cost about £30 each with shipping and both seem fine..also picked up a body and FOF head for £41..that should be here today..i agree newer heads seem slightly bigger and it seems hair on smiley face is glued on

Yeah, I think I saw them. The trouble with them being loose is that you've no way of telling if they're legit. The FOF head is unlikely to be genuine, genuine still go for big money. I paid £65 for mine. I'd be interested to see these heads and bodies up close, so take some pics if you can.

I will admit though that the knock off's are a bit more sophisticated than they used to be. They have the correct internals whereas older ones were just solid vinyl.

The hair on the smiler will come off as Ahngus showed, but, he also showed it takes work to fit other hair, and money when you saw how many heads he had lying around.

CHEERS!

Yeah, I think I saw them. The trouble with them being loose is that you've no way of telling if they're legit. The FOF head is unlikely to be genuine, genuine still go for big money. I paid £65 for mine. I'd be interested to see these heads and bodies up close, so take some pics if you can.

I will admit though that the knock off's are a bit more sophisticated than they used to be. They have the correct internals whereas older ones were just solid vinyl.

The hair on the smiler will come off as Ahngus showed, but, he also showed it takes work to fit other hair, and money when you saw how many heads he had lying around.

CHEERS!

yeh ahngus went into great detail..i'll leave alone methinks..will check head and body now postie just came:rotfl..took a pic of smiley and BL3 with custom suit..camera is not great thou
OMG!!! its not my BL3.5 AND HEAD...its me RM-X SET YEESSSSSSSS!!!

Not bad, though the whole body seems to look small in comparison to the RM-X. The HT DX looks broader in the torso, but, all the muscles on that body are flexed, which makes it look weird in some shirtless poses.

Glad you got your RM-X

CHEERS!

Not bad, though the whole body seems to look small in comparison to the RM-X. The HT DX looks broader in the torso, but, all the muscles on that body are flexed, which makes it look weird in some shirtless poses.

Glad you got your RM-X

CHEERS!

WELL HAPPY WITH THE BODY:clap..no marks etc.tried a FOF face with a custom ETD hairpiece on it.. neck peg is slightly short but holds head ok..looks good shirtless..need a cheap new outfit now and a BD head when they are cheaper

Pretty smart!

I wasn't that taken with the BD sculpt really. If they all looked like Rorywan's it'd be a different matter, but they don't.

I'm hoping EB do more Bruce Lee's so we get new heads done to the same standard as the smiler.

CHEERS!

Back