Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, what you are saying is ridiculous. People should pose their Bruce in whatever fashion they want, and especially if they are going to pay so much of their hard earned money, and even more so, when the body has questionable shelf-life. Speak for yourself...

:D

Well maybe I should have added the 'IMO' which would have made my comment pretty safe from such scrutiny. IMO a $300 'posable' figure of a legendary martial artists known for his dynamic poses, kept in a neutral pose, is a waste specially when it comes from 'Game of Death' a movie meant to showcase Jeet Kune Do or the final form as no form...

But as you said, if someone wants to buy and pose him like that, its his business. All Im saying is its pretty unlikely that majority of the fans would want to keep a figure so expensive and specially of the person its based on in a neutral pose... The main question here is whether a seamless rubber body can handle the strain of holding a pose for a long period of time without any physical damage

Thank you CidicZ for your positive feedback on my posts - will do !
smiley.gif

Here are some more photos posted by Bill on his blog:

69464edegw1dg04khy6xjj.jpg

69464edejw1dg0477661hj.jpg

694c4ee7jw1dfzys46r31j.jpg

(not sure if the last photo is a flyer of some sort...)

Poster is for a show they are doing ;)

Told u guys Gung Fu is a bad mofo when it comes to BL

I can't wait to get this figure. Of all my PO's this is the one I'm looking forward to most. Really liking the recent Pics, thanks guys :)

How are they already showing the packaging like they are ready to ship when they havent even shown the revised body?

How are they already showing the packaging like they are ready to ship when they havent even shown the revised body?

Cardboard is easier to get right than rubber bodies :)

Also, when they've got nothing to show of the body releasing pics of a package is the next best thing in keeping this figure on peoples' radars.

I've come to terms with not getting this figure. If I didn't have other figures to budget for I might've bitten, but there are too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable throwing $300+ at it. Here's hoping I don't regret it...

Thank you Axecutioner18 for your reply. I have not taken off the clothing of my figures so that might be possible why I have not noticed it, how ever if this release will be as good - or even better and more improved - I do think that I will have mine displayed as seen in the pictures. It is a well known fact that Bruce liked to show his physic - and if Enterbay Ltd. nails it with the figure body compared to Bruce's - then I personally believe this is the purpose to have it displayed without clothing on his upper body.

I know that in the original footage he shot of himself in the pagoda (tower) scenes in "Game of Death" he did not take off his yellow track suit, but during the filming of these scenes there are a couple of picture of Bruce wearing the track suit just like that showing off his beautiful upper body physic (plus probably also to cool down).

BehindTheScenesGameOfDeathBruceBareUpperBodyShot.jpg

By the way, let me add that Bruce was a forearm fanatic and they where very powerful and beautifully sculpted - and I hope they add this element to the figure
smiley.gif

Wow, more rare and amazing pics from GungFu !

I've come to terms with not getting this figure. If I didn't have other figures to budget for I might've bitten, but there are too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable throwing $300+ at it. Here's hoping I don't regret it...

There is only so much Bruce Lee a person needs in such a short time period. Aren't you getting HT DX EtD + casual Bruce + suit Bruce......that is a lot of Bruce :rotfl

Personally I'm trying to decide between this or casual Bruce - and there is an enormous price gap there!

I also can't shake the feeling that Enterbay is just waiting until this 1/6 Game of Death figure is all sold before they announce a 1/4 HD Game of Death statue, which I'd much prefer!

There is only so much Bruce Lee a person needs in such a short time period. Aren't you getting HT DX EtD + casual Bruce + suit Bruce......that is a lot of Bruce :rotfl

Personally I'm trying to decide between this or casual Bruce - and there is an enormous price gap there!

I also can't shake the feeling that Enterbay is just waiting until this 1/6 Game of Death figure is all sold before they announce a 1/4 HD Game of Death statue, which I'd much prefer!

It's a gamble alright - in passing on this one I am hoping that HT release a GoD, 'cause what I'm really after is a quality GoD tracksuit (the customs I've seen are ok, but the fabric is not as realistic as EB's trackies).

I'd say you're on the money with your GoD statue prediction, it really makes sense for EB to do this. It's a tough call, this or casual Bruce... both will sell well (Angolz.com are already pre-order sold out of both Bruces) - and it's a safe bet that both will soon skyrocket in price.

It'd be easier to make this decision if we knew how EB's figure was going to end up! :gah:

And you're right I am getting a solid Bruce fix in a single year - but I'd hate to have so many awesome Bruces only to not have a GoD Bruce right there among them. It's funny 'cause GoD is not my favourite Bruce movie by a long shot. In fact I don't know if it's anyone's favourite Bruce movie :lol

And you're right I am getting a solid Bruce fix in a single year - but I'd hate to have so many awesome Bruces only to not have a GoD Bruce right there among them. It's funny 'cause GoD is not my favourite Bruce movie by a long shot. In fact I don't know if it's anyone's favourite Bruce movie :lol

Nah man, Its many peoples favorite including mine - well I mean the intended product that we finally got to see 40 minutes of in 2000, not the 1978 abomination.

Even though it still has flashy stylized fighting, its the only time on film we really saw his Jeet Kune Do in its later stages.

And the character he was portraying was closer to the real him than any other on film character.

I just keep hoping that someone will use CGI to do the first half of his script so we can finally see the completed product. The first half was all dialogue and setup anyway, so it doesn't matter so much if we don't get to see the real Bruce in that....

nice pic there Gung Fu !...I've been a fan of Bruce for a long time even before I started collecting and i thought I've seen all the pics that's out there ( even before the internet )..keep them coming please :) !! thanks !

Nah man, Its many peoples favorite including mine - well I mean the intended product that we finally got to see 40 minutes of in 2000, not the 1978 abomination.

Even though it still has flashy stylized fighting, its the only time on film we really saw his Jeet Kune Do in its later stages.

And the character he was portraying was closer to the real him than any other on film character.

I just keep hoping that someone will use CGI to do the first half of his script so we can finally see the completed product. The first half was all dialogue and setup anyway, so it doesn't matter so much if we don't get to see the real Bruce in that....

I never saw the 2000 GoD, so I guess I've been missing out!

Agreed.
The scenes from GOD(The 40 min footage) is up there with my favourite Bruce Lee movies.
GOD itself is not.
Is such a HUGE shame that Bruce had to leave us so soon and never got to finish GOD as he intended.
It wouldve been my favorite Bruce Lee movie, im sure.

I never saw the 2000 GoD, so I guess I've been missing out!

Really?

Here is the reconstructed footage by John Little and the Lee estate:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvdSbMW_F8
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDCkt4zLiQ&feature=related
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4r4XVDrms&feature=related
Part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JIia5M467g&feature=related

Also below is the alternate reconstructed footage by a Japanese documentary maker (known as the Artport cut). Someone has put his entire 1.5hr doco on youtube which is helpful....the first half is a bizarre mix of documentary and reconstruction of Bruce making the movie...weird...the actual original footage starts at 42:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1QUexGg3U

Its worth watching as well to see the different takes they used for the same scenes, including filling in the missing dialogue not present in the other version using lip readers, including the cool line regarding the bamboo, "do you understand, the whip becomes a sword!"

Also has Kareem's weird demon eyes that have never been explained!

People like to debate which is the better reconstruction but they are both good in different ways.

Also, here is a really great website interview of an author who wrote a book 'Game Over' about the history of Game of Death.

https://www.cityonfire.com/game-of-death-game-over/

The interview itself gives a lot of great info on the film including a write up of the first half of the film (all the setup that was never filmed). Definitely worth reading through.

Thanks for taking the time to school me on that content SAB, that's awesome! Looking forward to checking all of it out :)

Back