Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it released, I got the FoF for $319 shipped from ebay. Enterbay still had it for $320+ shipping. If I was ya'll, I would wait for it to be sold on the bay after seeing the final version and reviews. Of course, there's no guarantee that it will be cheaper.

Yeah I don't mind pre-ordering from enterbay but I'll consider when we're closer to release.

Because I think their vague 'late April' really equals June.

69464edejw1dfzr6igelkj.jpg

69464edejw1dfzr8hjg1cj.jpg

Big box!

I've never been so excited to see a picture of a box :D
I almost feel like pre-ordering based on that pic...

Its still such an unknown though!
Will that new body suddenly appear with joints?
Will it be the ultimate Lee figure or a glorious failure?

I've never been so excited to see a picture of a box :D
I almost feel like pre-ordering based on that pic...

Its still such an unknown though!
Will that new body suddenly appear with joints?
Will it be the ultimate Lee figure or a glorious failure?

I may be mistaken, but I believe the body will have joints and the pictures we've seen so far is just a prototype before the joints were worked in.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the body will have joints and the pictures we've seen so far is just a prototype before the joints were worked in.

on their website its listed as:

Newly developed BL Original Action Body: Rubber coating action body with contractible biceps

That sounds very much like the HT Rocky/Rambo bodies...
At the very least it sounds like no elbow joints.

But who knows, things change....

I haven't ordered this yet,will wait until people get this in hand and give their thoughts on the body,there is no way im gambling on their first Rubber body attempt.

I haven't ordered this yet,will wait until people get this in hand and give their thoughts on the body,there is no way im gambling on their first Rubber body attempt.

Same here. Im even more cautious after my debacle with the MISB DX02 but id really like to have different bruce's from different sculptors...

As most of you know I am new in the game of collecting figures as I am more of a fan of Bruce Lee than a figure collector - even though I the Bruce Lee figures: "Game of Death" (first release), "The Way of the Dragon", "Enter the Dragon version A", "Enter the Dragon version B" and "Kato" - all by Arnie Kim and from Enterbay Ltd. I have always been very satisfied and never experienced any problems with my Enterbay figures, though I have heard some bad stories from others being disappointed, figure gotten damage, stains, etc.

Can someone list the possible scenarios that you more experienced collectors can tell me about of what might go wrong with this new release from Enterbay Ltd. ?

I myself was very exited about this new figure when I saw it - especially since the figure's body is more realistic and looks more like Bruce's special symmetry compared to recent releases - when wearing no upper clothing. What interest me more and more now is the extra details in not just the face, but also the rest of the figure - as I am sure that is part of being a figure collector to enjoy them as close as possible to a life-like appearance (Bruce Lee) and pieces of art with great details
smiley.gif

@GungFu

Possible scenarios?

One of the issues Im sure EVERY Enterbay BL owner has had till now is staining of the body from darker dyed clothing. Im sure every Bruce Lee owner has had their Bruce stained from wearing any clothes from them which have dark colours. However since this is a game of death version, Im sure most will keep him fully clothed and not partially like the advertisements. Wherein lies the question of why use a seamless body then? If all the joints are anyways going to be covered up by the clothing usage of a full rubber body is redundant

Also the main issue people are expecting is the longevity and quality of the rubber body. Rubber bodies are notorious for tearing when kept in any stance other than neutral, and honestly having a Game of Death Bruce Lee standing 'menacing' like The Batman is ridiculous. Bruce Lee needs to be in a dynamic pose, more-so with Game of Death. So if the rubber body does start to detiorate when put in an action pose then whats the point? All this speculation is also kind of void as we are yet to know Exactly WHAT Enterbay will show as the final product. having multiple hands prove they will have a wrist joint, now we have to wait and see what the final body turns out like.

So as much as we'd like it lifelike, we would also like them to last long :)

honestly having a Game of Death Bruce Lee standing 'menacing' like The Batman is ridiculous.

Honestly, what you are saying is ridiculous. People should pose their Bruce in whatever fashion they want, and especially if they are going to pay so much of their hard earned money, and even more so, when the body has questionable shelf-life. Speak for yourself...

:D

Just Tearing and such things,their first Rambo was garbage,from my experience you couldn't bend an arm before the armpits,elbows started to deteriorate,got torn apart really.

But that was a long time agoo,their bodies are pretty good but you can experience smaller issues like this.Like 2 of my Rocky figures,behind their knees the rubber didn't hold very long because the very thin layer of rubber in that particular area.

And now recently people seem to complain about the clothing leaving stains on the rubber which is understandable,all clothes stains at first unless you wash them first.

As for the Enterbay figures,the clothes does stain,undress your EB figures with dark clothes and you'll see.My Nokia Game of Death body has stains on his sides from his arms down to his feet because of the black stripe on the jumpsuit,looks like darks shadows on his sides.

Thank you Axecutioner18 for your reply. I have not taken off the clothing of my figures so that might be possible why I have not noticed it, how ever if this release will be as good - or even better and more improved - I do think that I will have mine displayed as seen in the pictures. It is a well known fact that Bruce liked to show his physic - and if Enterbay Ltd. nails it with the figure body compared to Bruce's - then I personally believe this is the purpose to have it displayed without clothing on his upper body.

I know that in the original footage he shot of himself in the pagoda (tower) scenes in "Game of Death" he did not take off his yellow track suit, but during the filming of these scenes there are a couple of picture of Bruce wearing the track suit just like that showing off his beautiful upper body physic (plus probably also to cool down).

BehindTheScenesGameOfDeathBruceBareUpperBodyShot.jpg

By the way, let me add that Bruce was a forearm fanatic and they where very powerful and beautifully sculpted - and I hope they add this element to the figure
smiley.gif

Thank you Axecutioner18 for your reply. I have not taken off the clothing of my figures so that might be possible why I have not noticed it, how ever if this release will be as good - or even better and more improved - I do think that I will have mine displayed as seen in the pictures. It is a well known fact that Bruce liked to show his physic - and if Enterbay Ltd. nails it with the figure body compared to Bruce's - then I personally believe this is the purpose to have it displayed without clothing on his upper body.

I know that in the original footage he shot of himself in the pagoda (tower) scenes in "Game of Death" he did not take off his yellow track suit, but during the filming of these scenes there are a couple of picture of Bruce wearing the track suit just like that showing off his beautiful upper body physic (plus probably also to cool down).

BehindTheScenesGameOfDeathBruceBareUpperBodyShot.jpg

By the way, let me add that Bruce was a forearm fanatic and they where very powerful and beautifully sculpted - and I hope they add this element to the figure
smiley.gif
And that is what Enterbay was aiming for with the scenery given, the suit and body, the behind the scenes look et.

wow, another enlightening post n pic GungFu...keep it coming...:D

Thank you CidicZ for your positive feedback on my posts - will do !
smiley.gif

Here are some more photos posted by Bill on his blog:

69464edegw1dg04khy6xjj.jpg

69464edejw1dg0477661hj.jpg

694c4ee7jw1dfzys46r31j.jpg

(not sure if the last photo is a flyer of some sort...)

Back