Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hot Toys would announce a GOD figure, would you then re-think getting Enterbay's? I would...

If Hot Toys would announce a GOD figure, would you then re-think getting Enterbay's? I would...

I don't think I will. Sure Hot Toys will be far cheaper but I'm willing to spend for Bruce.

I doubt they can match the new Enterbay body (personally I don't think the new HT revised body looks anywhere near as good as the old Enterbay Bruce body...)

or that they'll have a full wooden diorama....

They obviously won't have the film making accessories...but I don't care about them......

And I'm happy with the 2 Enterbay sculpts with this figure so I'm all good.

^^I do appreciate your enthusiam for an Enterbay product. Lets see that same giddiness when you receive your GOD Bruce, and come back to this thread complaining about your Bruce's body that you paid $350 for has black stripe all up and down his body and you can't get it to come off.
I don't want to be a downer, but you seem to defend this figure too much without it being in your hand yet.

^^I do appreciate your enthusiam for an Enterbay product. Lets see that same giddiness when you receive your GOD Bruce, and come back to this thread complaining about your Bruce's body that you paid $350 for has black stripe all up and down his body and you can't get it to come off.
I don't want to be a downer, but you seem to defend this figure too much without it being in your hand yet.

I was answering a question that was asked.
And I'm discussing a figure I'm interested in, in its specific thread.

As I've pointed out, I've owned every Enterbay Lee other than Kato and I've never had a problem with any of them so I don't have a problem purchasing their product again.

I've owned every Enterbay Lee other than Kato and I've never had a problem with any of them so I don't have a problem purchasing their product again.

Well you are lucky, I dunno how you didnt get affected but me as well as every one I know who owns Enterbay Lee's have had our BL Bodies stained by the darker dyes when clothed in them for an extended period of time.

Not just that, the quality control problems that Enterbay has had with some of their latest figures could also make a lot of people wait. The Bruces Ive had have all being without a problem, besides the stained bodies which I believe happened to everyone at some degree.

What I would mostly tell someone to wait for before pre-ordering this is to wait for the final body and the range of motion it has. In that area, I would be very concerned. Of course, if it ends up having jojnts in the wrist, elbow, and, shoulder, then no problem. But if it's just in the wrists, then there might be a problem.

Even with the proto, they should have shown some action poses, don't know why they have not.

The face does not look right in GOD bruce bruce true. The figure is nice but does not deserve to be bought at that price ...

The second smiling face already looks a little more to Bruce .... but I much prefer the smiling face of Bruce Lee by Arnie Kim

Well you are lucky, I dunno how you didnt get affected but me as well as every one I know who owns Enterbay Lee's have had our BL Bodies stained by the darker dyes when clothed in them for an extended period of time.

what can I say...hasn't happened to me....yet....always a first time I guess :pray:
Though I am now far less confident about Enterbay's product since joining this website LOL :bow

The face does not look right in GOD bruce bruce true. The figure is nice but does not deserve to be bought at that price ...
True and this is coming from a guy by the name of BRUCE lol. If the figure came wit two bodies then I could see it costing 300.

:lol You're a funny one sifu. First you canned Enterbay for not operating the same way as BBTS. That's about as relevant as saying 'you can pre-order product from Enterbay directly, can you say that about Hot Toys?' It may be factual but it's neither here nor there, and now you are being a downer by canning SAB for not having the product in hand and pre-ordering it, whilst you're putting it down without having it in hand neither. :lol dominishin is just down on Enterbay full stop. :lol What's ya beef dom?

That's what the basis is of pre-ordering. i.e. having faith the product will be up to scratch. I'll be pre-ordering this soon and be swapping over the body to the Enterbay EtD A version, to really show off this body. Otherwise I might see how hard it is to swap over the Hot Toys subpar BL body. Lots of options. Even with a few joints, this body is way better than what Hot Toys has been showing us. Even though it's just a rubber version of Enterbay's plastic body, it still emulates reality more than plastic, to my eye that is. I'll probably order a 3.5 body to make use of the second costume and head as well. So that $345 shipped plus $30 for another body can be construed as two figures for around $190 each. Pretty much in line with Hot Toys pricing of some of their later products really. Justification, it's all in the mind.

That's not to say people don't have legitimate concerns, rubber body, aesthetics, dye absorption, price, production, and that the costume covers the body and joints up in any case, whatever. It's just that none of those things really concern me all that much. Anyway, I'm not waiting long because I'm not going to chance missing out.

I'm skeptical because of their history lately. I have nothing but good wishes for them, but I am not believing anything until it's in-hand and proven now.

from the pics, the likeness of both headsculpts are a bit disappointed.
Will see the in-hands first, before damaging my wallet.

Back