Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha.. let's hope no one digs up the cameraman and give him a bashing for that crap shot! :rotfl

seriously though, the hair looks kinda funny that's why i thought it wasn't him

The likeness is way off in Game of Death period. Bruce Lee looked more like Bruce Lee in Fist of Fury.

:confused: I'm going to go with the painted BD heads not being sold through the EB website. Stanlore's post seems like that happened recently.

Maybe it'll pop up on ebay :D

...yeah decisions do change I suppose...but since I was the one who posted that bit of info from way back so just thought folks wld like to know where that came from for their consideration.

I think that this is what makes nailing Bruce's likeness so very difficult for HT, EB, SSC and any other figurine/statue company - the fact that Bruce Lee has so many different looks in all his films, interviews, and even random photographs.

This really adds an intrinsic value to collectibles imo b/c you're pretty much guaranteed not to have the same looking Bruce over and over displayed on your shelves.

I don't think some people understand that, which is why when people start bashing sculpts and whatnot it drives me batty :lol

I think that this is what makes nailing Bruce's likeness so very difficult for HT, EB, SSC and any other figurine/statue company - the fact that Bruce Lee has so many different looks in all his films, interviews, and even random photographs.

This really adds an intrinsic value to collectibles imo b/c you're pretty much guaranteed not to have the same looking Bruce over and over displayed on your shelves.

I don't think some people understand that, which is why when people start bashing sculpts and whatnot it drives me batty :lol

Exactly - people don't seem to appreciate that Bruce Lee as much as he was a great martial artist, he was also an actor who had a strong repertoire of expressions and characters at his disposal.

BTW I was only joking about Bruce Lee looking more like Bruce Lee in FoF than GoD. Bruce Lee looks like Bruce Lee :lol

hey i just thought i'd share this with everyone, i simply love GungFu! he does his homework! :)

GungFu said:
saw a picture on bbts of the GoD Bruce holding the clapper board that reads "死亡的游戏"

shouldn't it be just "死亡游戏" or was that the original name during production? any idea?

Bruce wrote "Game of Death" in Chinese with the five characters in which you can see here in the beginning of the youtube clip two times (notes and introduction to the footage with black background - just see a few secounds):

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6T9y7CKbFA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]YouTube - ‪Bruce Lee - A Warriors Journey 7-10‬‏[/ame]

How ever I have seen a few lobby cards and DVD covers from HK (even on the Enterbay boxes) with only four characters.... I am not sure if both writings are correct, but it might be if the one which is shorter is simplified Chinese.... ?

By the way, this is only speculations on my part as I cannot read or write Chinese - so that is why I am not posting this respons yet.... :)

By the way, where are you going to do with this Rawkneehaug ?
smiley.gif

thanks for the juicy tidbit of info as usual GungFu, you are truly a BL fan! haha.. like i explained, both writings are correct, nothing wrong with translation or anything, just that the character 的 (pronouned as de) in this case is redundant, not really necessary.

死亡 is "death", and 游戏 is "game", in the chinese language, there is no word to represent "of." so if you translate it word for word, it is death game, but maybe it just doesn't have a ring to it, or the producers or even Bruce himself found that it wasn't catchy enough. hence Game of Death probably. i'm just guessing. of course if you have the time, you'd probably be able to find out the whole story on the web or something.

i'm so glad that EB did their homework on the clapper-board though.. hehe

exactly! i personally think that both HT and EB have done themselves proud with their sculpts so far. maybe except for Way of the Dragon though.

Exactly - people don't seem to appreciate that Bruce Lee as much as he was a great martial artist, he was also an actor who had a strong repertoire of expressions and characters at his disposal.

BTW I was only joking about Bruce Lee looking more like Bruce Lee in FoF than GoD. Bruce Lee looks like Bruce Lee :lol

I figured you were kidding LJ, I'm getting inside that sick head of yours! :panic:

erm... you got me there? :rotfl

exactly! i personally think that both HT and EB have done themselves proud with their sculpts so far. maybe except for Way of the Dragon though.

Agreed. Each company has given us a fairly accurate portrayal of Bruce in the films or photos they have chosen to recreate.

I'm curious to see what film or piece HT or EB elect to do next,any ideas?

Spot on, that's partly the reason why I feel the need to collect most of the releases so far...I even enjoy my outdated 1st GOD still cos even though likeness is not as strong compared to today's figures, there seems to be a nice '70s vibe to him.

%252B%252B%252B%252BP1060472%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

Spot on, that's partly the reason why I feel the need to collect most of the releases so far...I even enjoy my outdated 1st GOD still cos even though likeness is not as strong compared to today's figures, there seems to be a nice '70s vibe to him.

:exactly::goodpost::hi5: Thanks and that picture is awesome! I might make it a desktop in the near future if that's cool with you :wink1:

that's a classic!

by the way, did you pre-order the Behind the Scenes GoD figure? if you did any news on when it's arriving?

Agreed. Each company has given us a fairly accurate portrayal of Bruce in the films or photos they have chosen to recreate.

This is what i've been thinking about. If Hot Toys do make more Bruce Lee's from his movies im sure they'd do a Game Of Death version. Its like the next classic look with Enter The Dragon. I also hope they'd do it, not for any Hot Toys vs Enterbay reason, just because i have faith that the quality would be there. They could re use the Bruce body again and get the most out of it. Just need a new sculpt and the suit, shoes and weapons.
I'd also like to see a Way of the Dragon Bruce from Hot Toys as i'm not impressed by Enterbay's (again, no offence, just doesnt do anything for me).
Would also be fun to see (by either company) more casual or "off-camera" versions. Im sure it'd be quite interesting.

Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem please!!

or (gasps) Chuck Norris?

Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem Kareem please!!

or (gasps) Chuck Norris?

I think the problem with getting a Mantis is that HT will have to develop any entirely new body type to accommodate his height. I don't think it will happen b/c how many figures could they launch from a platform body like that?

Chuck Norris would be a good one :goodpost:

This is what i've been thinking about. If Hot Toys do make more Bruce Lee's from his movies im sure they'd do a Game Of Death version. Its like the next classic look with Enter The Dragon. I also hope they'd do it, not for any Hot Toys vs Enterbay reason, just because i have faith that the quality would be there. They could re use the Bruce body again and get the most out of it. Just need a new sculpt and the suit, shoes and weapons.
I'd also like to see a Way of the Dragon Bruce from Hot Toys as i'm not impressed by Enterbay's (again, no offence, just doesnt do anything for me).
Would also be fun to see (by either company) more casual or "off-camera" versions. Im sure it'd be quite interesting.

:goodpost:

I love the off camera direction HT took, I'd love to see more of that :rock

that's a classic!

by the way, did you pre-order the Behind the Scenes GoD figure? if you did any news on when it's arriving?

yup, PO'd from TFH....no news, but based on past experiences with them, I'm guessing 2 weeks to a month after HK release, reckon it also depends on whether EB has the stock for distribution or not.

Back