ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series-Terminator 2-BD T-800 Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i still look at mine every single day and with the changes i've done with it at the torso, knee and arm i'm keeping this one big time ;)

r70ghw.jpg

idycmf.jpg

jz77mo.jpg

2vc88wp.jpg

jfumhk.jpg

dy4qr5.jpg

2u938zc.jpg

2mq5014.jpg

Last edited:
See neither of those photos look like something I would want. There is a dynamicness to it that is missing for me. Perhaps it's because the face looks so lifelike yet still lacks life because it is after all just a sculpt that something ends up feeling off to me. As a pf sculpt looks like it has been sculpted thus there is no strange soulless quality look to it because you know that it is a polystyrene sculpture. Does that make sense to anyone else because it does to me.:)

Not even the amazing PJ they did on this pretty accurate head sculpt? I really like it because the sculpt looks so real all your other points I agree with but because of this amazing head I find it hard to focus on those other things. I have shown people pictures of just the head sculpt and they thought it was the real thing the skin just looks so real! :rock

the irony that is articulation points. While they make figures move and hold poses like humans, they can look stiff rather than fluid as its limits can't really copy a real humanoid's fluidity/flexibility. Good sculptors can copy that body language at a static pose -- at some point even defying nature and breaking the laws of anatomy using artistic license just to make the figure more dynamic (no different to comic-book artists who deviate from true anatomy resulting to more in-your-face poses, like Mike Deodato).

As for the HS, sculptors for statues can pair the dynamic body sculpt with an expression that would fit it best. For figures, sculptors have to play safe and resort to neutral faces that can sometimes look soulless with an empty stare, and then sometimes give us an option by providing us a second headsculpt that can be scene-specific/more dynamic like DX 11, or EB's Kobe and LeBron. EB defied this though by releasing the pose-specific Jordan HS as a separate figure, but that's them milking the franchise.

Not even the amazing PJ they did on this pretty accurate head sculpt? I really like it because the sculpt looks so real all your other points I agree with but because of this amazing head I find it hard to focus on those other things. I have shown people pictures of just the head sculpt and they thought it was the real thing the skin just looks so real! :rock

The Paint job is great. But I think what the problem may be is that the likeness is so real and yet there is no soul. Sort of like looking at realistic wax sculptures. They may look real but there is something offsetting about seeing something so real looking yet having no life. Perhaps it's the dead / bland look on the face. No emotion. Close his eye and he would look at home in a casket. I don't know. Something just don't please my eye.

Statues on the other hand look like sculptures and thus no matter how great thy are done you can tell there was a human element behind making it. They look more like traditional works of art and thus because of that identifiable human element the piece has more of a soul.

Not saying that the EB are not works of art. Just not my kind. I can look at the face and be amazed but when I think about having the item on display in my room it's an easy pass.

I think much of it has to do with what HeubertMichael said in regards of the joints and the " neutral face" expressions that ruin it for me.

No matter how well the pieces are posed I still see that sort of stiff look. The cloths look a tad large and the face is soulless.

But please, fans of this piece, I am not saying it's not awesome. For 150.00 less I might be willing to give it a try but at the price they are at, the pictures that I see, and my love for traditional sculpts, I will most likely always pass.

Unless they do a fantastic Raiders Indy..... I might have to take a chance on that.:)

r70ghw.jpg

Great changes that you made lunaticcrazy!!!

However that photo shows all the problems I have with these style products.

Soulless face, stiff lifeless body, and clothing that just don't see to fit right (probably because of the stiff pose.)

Again let me stress that I think overall these pieces look amazing. They are just not my kind of amazing :).

But I can fully understand why people love them and I hope nobody takes any insult from my comments. It's just fun to discuss, share my opinion, and feel important. ;) :)

Again let me stress that I think overall these pieces look amazing. They are just not my kind of amazing :).

But I can fully understand why people love them and I hope nobody takes any insult from my comments. It's just fun to discuss, share my opinion, and feel important. ;) :)

sure thing ;) glad to discuss this way instead of people knocking you down for your personal opinion.

i must be honest about it. first time i bought it i sold it after a few day's. i only collect polystone statues and statues mixed media. this was my first figurine and an expensive one. got me scared so i sold it for the same price luckely.

but the figurine kept fooling around in my head. so i said to myself: bought it and customise it just like i had it in mind. so here's the result.

i can understand your way of thinking. look how i reacted at first: buy it, to expensive for a figurine, sold it, bought it again after a week and customised it, result: i love him :) and got him a partner from HotToys the Endoskeleton.

The battle damaged T2 figure is a difficult piece to pose really. With a statue the art director decides the pose and the sculptor creates it. With a figure it's up to the owner.

Anyone order from enterbay? Was suppose to ship this month but havent heard a thing

sure thing ;) glad to discuss this way instead of people knocking you down for your personal opinion.

i must be honest about it. first time i bought it i sold it after a few day's. i only collect polystone statues and statues mixed media. this was my first figurine and an expensive one. got me scared so i sold it for the same price luckely.

but the figurine kept fooling around in my head. so i said to myself: bought it and customise it just like i had it in mind. so here's the result.

i can understand your way of thinking. look how i reacted at first: buy it, to expensive for a figurine, sold it, bought it again after a week and customised it, result: i love him :) and got him a partner from HotToys the Endoskeleton.

Thanks Lunatic! Again let me stress that I love what you did! Perhaps one day I will take the plunge. I have my eye on the HT 1/4 Batman..... Don't know if I can pull the trigger though :)

The Paint job is great. But I think what the problem may be is that the likeness is so real and yet there is no soul. Sort of like looking at realistic wax sculptures. They may look real but there is something offsetting about seeing something so real looking yet having no life. Perhaps it's the dead / bland look on the face. No emotion. Close his eye and he would look at home in a casket. I don't know. Something just don't please my eye.

Statues on the other hand look like sculptures and thus no matter how great thy are done you can tell there was a human element behind making it. They look more like traditional works of art and thus because of that identifiable human element the piece has more of a soul.

Not saying that the EB are not works of art. Just not my kind. I can look at the face and be amazed but when I think about having the item on display in my room it's an easy pass.

I think much of it has to do with what HeubertMichael said in regards of the joints and the " neutral face" expressions that ruin it for me.

No matter how well the pieces are posed I still see that sort of stiff look. The cloths look a tad large and the face is soulless.

But please, fans of this piece, I am not saying it's not awesome. For 150.00 less I might be willing to give it a try but at the price they are at, the pictures that I see, and my love for traditional sculpts, I will most likely always pass.

I totally get what you are saying and respect that but what if this figure had a sculpt with the same level of accuracy but had a face with more expression, would you be tempted then? I don't really like 1/4 scale figures because they look like big dolls to me as opposed to big statues but their head sculpts are just so amazing and real that I just can't say no to them and I can get over the doll stiffness look you mention. Maybe it helps because I started out as a 1/6th collector, so I don't mind that look at doll look at that scale :lol

Last edited:

It's all good, Jaws. Your posts are all clear, and I love how you're able to state your reasons without dissing the EB figure :1-1: If anything, you prove that neither statues nor figures are for eveybody. While some collectors have more passion (and MONEY!) that they can indiscriminately collect both, some prefer one over the other.

If you'd see the reviews on EB's 1/4 Bruce Lee action figure, you'd also see that it was made with the action figure collectors in mind, instead of PF collectors. If it were a PF, nobody would mind and give negative feedbacks on EB's decision to have the sculpts looking to the sides instead of making it neutral looking dead center. The look EB went for gave the figure more life, IMO, but as I was saying, action figure collectors want neutral as it's safer and more applicable to various poses including museum/standing poses. Unless of course there'd be an extra headscuplt -- and that's where EB was hit as both headsculpts are looking to the sides! LOL

The battle damaged T2 figure is a difficult piece to pose really. With a statue the art director decides the pose and the sculptor creates it. With a figure it's up to the owner.

Alaneye -- this must be among one of the best poses I've seen on EB's T800, clean or BD!:clap

I totally get what you are saying and respect that but what if this figure had a sculpt with the same level of accuracy but had a face with more expression, would you be tempted then? I don't really like 1/4 scale figures because they look like big dolls to me as opposed to big statues but their head sculpts are just so amazing and real that I just can't say no to them and I can get over the doll stiffness look you mention. Maybe it helps because I started out as a 1/6th collector, so I don't mind that look at doll look at that scale :lol

Hell I have been tempted with the Dead on stare.. So Yes I would be more tempted with a more "expressive" face. :)

It's all good, Jaws. Your posts are all clear, and I love how you're able to state your reasons without dissing the EB figure :1-1: If anything, you prove that neither statues nor figures are for eveybody. While some collectors have more passion (and MONEY!) that they can indiscriminately collect both, some prefer one over the other.

Thanks... I really just don't want to offend anyone. I usually stay out of the HT EB action figure threads because it's not really my thing. But the EB BD T2 is on the next level for these things so I have come and checked this thread out every once and a while.

After the SSC BD T2 was shown at SDCC and all the EB fans came out and sort of dumped on it I tried to figure out why I liked the SSC PF better then EB even though EB was more realistic looking. This all lead to the conversation we had. Which I must admit was one of the most civilized differing of opinion discussions I have ever had or ever seen on this site :)

I really hope to see one of these in person one day.

Hell I have been tempted with the Dead on stare.. So Yes I would be more tempted with a more "expressive" face. :)

:huh from your previous post when HeubertMichael posted those pics of his you said you see that does nothing for me, so I assumed you had no interest at all. :confused:

Thanks... I really just don't want to offend anyone. I usually stay out of the HT EB action figure threads because it's not really my thing. But the EB BD T2 is on the next level for these things so I have come and checked this thread out every once and a while.

After the SSC BD T2 was shown at SDCC and all the EB fans came out and sort of dumped on it I tried to figure out why I liked the SSC PF better then EB even though EB was more realistic looking. This all lead to the conversation we had. Which I must admit was one of the most civilized differing of opinion discussions I have ever had or ever seen on this site :)

Yes I know I can't believed people didn't abuse you or anything, u just may have a way with words JAWS that doesn't provoke hate. :wink1:

Guess it also helps when people can see your POV and explain why you see what you see, which HeubertMichael did IMO.

I really hope to see one of these in person one day.

You don't have any LCS in your area that would order it in?

JAWS, after reading your arguments for the past days, now I see what you're trying to say. to make it worse, I kind of agree with you about the stiff pose & make it a bit lifeless. now I can never look at them the same again :lol:slap
but still, I choose freedom to pose like these figures over PF. The only statue I tempted to buy was hulk avengers macquette thankfully

Yes I know I can't believed people didn't abuse you or anything, u just may have a way with words JAWS that doesn't provoke hate. :wink1:

The most regular Terminator posters in here these days are all good easy-going people. Also I think maybe people are more open to criticism of Enterbay, I don't think they have any massive fanboys like HT does. :lol

:huh from your previous post when HeubertMichael posted those pics of his you said you see that does nothing for me, so I assumed you had no interest at all. :confused:

I have no real interest in buying one. Not the way they are now. I can't say that I am not very curious to buy one because I would love to see one in person. Does that make sense? A great facial expression on a character I love with great Clothing might push me over the edge and finally take a chance.

The paint apps are just very cool. However it's not enough for me to ever own one as they are right now.

Back