ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series-Terminator 2-BD T-800 Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question.. the blood paint one the front of the body around the endoskeleton is a bit sticky.. feels like it didn't dry completely before they shipped these out. The jacket sticks a little bit to it but it's easy to remove the jacket though the paint feels like tape. I'm wondering is anyone else experiencing this and is this something I should worry about? Will the paint fade away? What can I do?

Question.. the blood paint one the front of the body around the endoskeleton is a bit sticky.. feels like it didn't dry completely before they shipped these out. The jacket sticks a little bit to it but it's easy to remove the jacket though the paint feels like tape. I'm wondering is anyone else experiencing this and is this something I should worry about? Will the paint fade away? What can I do?

Yes i had the same problem well its not really a problem i guess it will harden due time.

These newer batches are looking a little lazy on the battle damage side. Those pics above look great but the cuts on the jacket look unatural.

I'm sort of in agreement with this, that missing section on the lapel looks like it's been cut out with a pair of novelty scissors. Amazing figure though, I can't wait to get him (if I can get the funds together). I just hope Enterbay aren't infact getting lazy with this guy.

I'm sort of in agreement with this, that missing section on the lapel looks like it's been cut out with a pair of novelty scissors.

This is true, look no further than my signature for proof. The lapel on mine has an "organic" looking burn effect where the new ones are cut out. It also seems like they may be slacking on the weathering of the actual material? The latest ones appear more clean, jet black, and not the "dusty" weathered black. Could just be pictures though.

This is true, look no further than my signature for proof. The lapel on mine has an "organic" looking burn effect where the new ones are cut out.

This isn't the best comparison by a long ways, but you can see what we mean. I'm actually really disappointed with this the more I look at it :(

Lapel_zpsa8f5a7a2.jpg

I have to admit, I would be too...not trying to be a downer for anyone who is now receiving theirs, but that's really not acceptable.

This is true, look no further than my signature for proof. The lapel on mine has an "organic" looking burn effect where the new ones are cut out. It also seems like they may be slacking on the weathering of the actual material? The latest ones appear more clean, jet black, and not the "dusty" weathered black. Could just be pictures though.

On the flip side, the "burn" on the opposite lapel looks better now (its an actual burn) then the one in your sig which looks like it was hacked out with scissors. (Too straight edged)

Swings and roundabouts. It was never gonna match the proto, they never do. But giving some of the edges a bit of a burning wouldn't be too difficult if you where that desperate for it?

On the flip side, the "burn" on the opposite lapel looks better now (its an actual burn) then the one in your sig which looks like it was hacked out with scissors. (Too straight edged)

Swings and roundabouts. It was never gonna match the proto, they never do. But giving some of the edges a bit of a burning wouldn't be too difficult if you where that desperate for it?

Totally, just look at this picture below. It looks awesome and it has almost the same kind of cut on the lapel like mine. Then on the flip side it's a bit different, the bullet holes in the bandolier too.

69464edejw1e01epp7cejj.jpg

I think mine looks awesome and I don't agree with those who don't. Sure, it could be improved with some burnt edges, but I don't view that as a necessity or that mine is "unacceptable". :pfft:

:gah: I was hoping for no controversy... there always is some, but this is major... (Hey retailer "can you open up the fig and tell me if it's burnt or cut")

Also noticing the fig doesn't look so big with a human next to it

If you go back to Chris Rankin's images, I don't even think the lapel is cut or burnt. It looks completely intact. This is a major inconsistency if that's the case.

This isn't the best comparison by a long ways, but you can see what we mean. I'm actually really disappointed with this the more I look at it :(

Lapel_zpsa8f5a7a2.jpg

To be honest, mine is from Timcents earliest batch and the lapel looks similarly ''cut with a scissors'' as the 'bad' example above. A different shape maybe, but nevertheless, ''cut with a scissors''. I can't say I noticed it till it was pointed out here in these past couple of pages.

If it bothers anyone it should be an easy fix I would imagine.

I think mine looks awesome and I don't agree with those who don't. Sure, it could be improved with some burnt edges, but I don't view that as a necessity or that mine is "unacceptable". :pfft:

I never said yours is unacceptable. You obviously love it, and that's great! I'm not here to tell you not to. What I meant was that Enterbay taking shortcuts on weathering is not acceptable, and to think they're doing just that, given their past track record of QC, is not unreasonable.

Dunno what I've done to mine but the LED is almost motion activated now, any movement in an around the cabinet however small activates it :dunno

It's alive! Mine barely turns on first time. You really need to keep the button depressed to get it to go on. Plus, on opening it, it looked tampered with. His head was all bent at an odd angle and his left foot was detached from the body. This is either customs getting their dirty hands on it or bad QC by EB?

It's alive! Mine barely turns on first time. You really need to keep the button depressed to get it to go on. Plus, on opening it, it looked tampered with. His head was all bent at an odd angle and his left foot was detached from the body. This is either customs getting their dirty hands on it or bad QC by EB?

nah... just a lazy ups guy tossing it across the truck... forcing parts to go here and there me thinks...

I never said yours is unacceptable. You obviously love it, and that's great! I'm not here to tell you not to. What I meant was that Enterbay taking shortcuts on weathering is not acceptable, and to think they're doing just that, given their past track record of QC, is not unreasonable.

I didn't take it like that! :wink1:

I don't necessarily see the weathering on mine as a shortcut, but I do agree with you that they would "cheat". I don't know how much they pay their slaves in the factories but there's clearly some inconsistency with their production and their biggest problem is their piss poor QC.

I can't believe that still after a year that I bought the MIB figures from them they haven't decided to invest in better QC.

For an example, the handle (not the one with the trigger) on my mini-gun was broken off and missing! :monkey4 It happens too often. More than half of all 8 Enterbay figures I bought alone has had some kind of major issue and all of them some minor issue... :slap And not to turn this into HT vs EB.. but I own over 40+ HT figures and only 1-2 of them have had QC issues. What difference... EB really needs to improve the quality of their production.

dsc023512.jpg

Next time.. I'll buy from timcent..

To be honest, mine is from Timcents earliest batch and the lapel looks similarly ''cut with a scissors'' as the 'bad' example above. A different shape maybe, but nevertheless, ''cut with a scissors''. I can't say I noticed it till it was pointed out here in these past couple of pages.

If it bothers anyone it should be an easy fix I would imagine.

I didn't notice it either.. but I was thinking about adding some more weathering to the outfit in overall and I might just add some burnt edges to the lapel there. I think a soldering iron would do the job..?

Dunno what I've done to mine but the LED is almost motion activated now, any movement in an around the cabinet however small activates it :dunno

It's kinda the same for me, sometimes it activates itself when I'm moving the head around or even the body. :lol

i guess im really taking a gamble here with buying directly from EB, if something is missing or broken from mine when i get it i wont use them again. As for the weathering thats very disappointing imo and i might have to do sometype of weathering myself. time will tell my fingers are crossed and will be until March.

there was no way i wouldnt invest in this tho, i havent seen this is person yet but all the pictures point to the best Arny likeness ever. Being a HUGE Arny fan a must have. wish me luck

Back