ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a better photo

20623210150159235570863.jpg

I think people are looking at the pic too much. That, and the thread title is misleading. Even though it's the same pic throughout this thread, the information on this one clarifies that this Ultimate Union isn't a co-production but rather a Medicom figure and is just distributed by Enterbay.

Are Medicom figures usually shorter than their HT or SS counterparts?
Or is that just for particular figures?

The vast majority of Medi figures are smaller in scale than HT, SS etc. but they do have taller, bulkier bodies that they use in some figures.

Whatever the scale though they still don't appear to be capable of producing a body that doesn't snap into pieces as soon as it's removed from the box ;)

That pic sums up my feelings as well: Hot Toys should just rip off Enterbay's head sculpt for their own figure.

hell no I'll wait & get this fig, after seeing the quality they've shown in their latest GOD BL. Now I'm starting to doubt their other future figures to be release..

Sorry to associate this one w/ their GOD's, just disappointed to see it after the promising proto pics. I've learned my lesson now haha!

hell no I'll wait & get this fig, after seeing the quality they've shown in their latest GOD BL. Now I'm starting to doubt their other future figures to be release..

Sorry to associate this one w/ their GOD's, just disappointed to see it after the promising proto pics. I've learned my lesson now haha!

It's not just the recent GoD Bruce Lee that was a ham up - their Ip Man wasn't all that great either and they did the same thing then, ie show a fantastic proto pic and then follow it up with a product that fell short of the expectations they drummed up.

The GoD did reach new heights in cynical marketing though - they hid that awful body for as long as they could, leaving it til the last minute to reveal crucial design details like the seamless elbows, wrist attachments and shoulder area. I hope they learn from that episode, certainly all the inevitable canceled preorders will send a pretty clear message. Let's hope they treat this release - and their customers - with more respect and less cynicism.

Until we see a lot more detail, any comments about how this release stacks up against the HT release are pretty much meaningless. Oh yeah, the price, wait for the price...

so on EB's facebook page they say to look on Medicom's website for more info on this guy, yet I go to the Medi website and I don't see nothing about this figure. maybe I missed it. google was having a bit of a hard time translating the page

so on EB's facebook page they say to look on Medicom's website for more info on this guy, yet I go to the Medi website and I don't see nothing about this figure. maybe I missed it. google was having a bit of a hard time translating the page

Reminds me of that old joke:

'between Dave and me there's no question we can't answer'

'who is Ireland's prime minister?''

'that's one Dave knows'

It's not just the recent GoD Bruce Lee that was a ham up - their Ip Man wasn't all that great either and they did the same thing then, ie show a fantastic proto pic and then follow it up with a product that fell short of the expectations they drummed up.

The GoD did reach new heights in cynical marketing though - they hid that awful body for as long as they could, leaving it til the last minute to reveal crucial design details like the seamless elbows, wrist attachments and shoulder area. I hope they learn from that episode, certainly all the inevitable canceled preorders will send a pretty clear message. Let's hope they treat this release - and their customers - with more respect and less cynicism.

Until we see a lot more detail, any comments about how this release stacks up against the HT release are pretty much meaningless. Oh yeah, the price, wait for the price...

:goodpost:

Yeah, as a matter of fact I have a Ip Man (my 1st probably last EB figure) I just really love the movie that I need a high-end figure of the master, even if EB was the one who made it. That time, I let them slip cause the price of Ip is not that high compare to GOD & I have no plans of displaying it topless..hoping they learned their lesson re the body they are making, guess I was wrong.:slap

Will probably stick to HT from now on. Hope Blitzway won't follow their footsteps as I PO Scarface from them.:pray:

:goodpost:

Yeah, as a matter of fact I have a Ip Man (my 1st probably last EB figure) I just really love the movie that I need a high-end figure of the master, even if EB was the one who made it. That time, I let them slip cause the price of Ip is not that high compare to GOD & I have no plans of displaying it topless..hoping they learned their lesson re the body they are making, guess I was wrong.:slap

Will probably stick to HT from now on. Hope Blitzway won't follow their footsteps as I PO Scarface from them.:pray:

Ip Man was cheap compared with their Bruce Lees, but he was still pushing the $200 mark. But we did get cool wooden dummy, which softened the blow. For all its issues after I swapped him to a TT I remain very happy with him on the shelf, but yeh, it's mainly because he represents the master that I'm happy with it - as a Donnie Chen figure not so much. I've got Scarface on PO too, let's hope Blitzway delivers :)

EB have a lot riding on this Jack Sparrow - of it doesn't come up to scratch then they'll end up wearing more of the blame than medicom I think.

Back