English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know what Wenger is thinking, first he disagrees to bring Cesc for a meagre 26m which is spare change for a player of his caliber and specially someone like him who knows the club inside out!

NOW he agrees to sell Vermaelen to Manchester United?!! What is he going to do by saving and hoarding all the money? Buy another talented youngster to develop at Arsenal?!!

There's that many BS stories in the media about players United are alleged to be intrested in that I'm not believing anything until it's 100% confirmed.

I dont know what Wenger is thinking, first he disagrees to bring Cesc for a meagre 26m which is spare change for a player of his caliber and specially someone like him who knows the club inside out!

NOW he agrees to sell Vermaelen to Manchester United?!! What is he going to do by saving and hoarding all the money? Buy another talented youngster to develop at Arsenal?!!

Whhaaaaa! :( I hope you're wrong man because you would think they'd learn from the Van Persie deal about making your opponents stronger but who the hell knows :gah:

The latest possible twist in the Vermaelen to United story is that Arsenal are considering a swap deal for Cleverley.

Fabregas has released his statements regarding this. Which makes it a little more face saving for the Barca management, less for Arsenal.

He says Xavi too will be leaving after this season to other clubs as he wants to retire from top level football like Puyol (which is a shocker), and that he himself sent in a transfer request as he himself wanted to go back to london, as he felt it was close for just a one half hour flight to his home in barcelona and also he was homesick about London. However Arsene told him he was not wanted, and the only London club willing to take him was Mourinho.

Mourinho and Fabregas have had ugly clashes before but Mourinho supposedly took seconds to bury the hatchet.

The Barca board supposedly didnt want to sell him and when he was adamant about leaving they had to settle for a not so world class Rakitic for a stop gap buy. Ridiculous. I can feel for Fabregas, he won six titles with Barca, he was honest enough to admit that on big matches he didnt perform to expectation, but he didnt deserve to be booed by the Camp Nou. That made him make up his mind about leaving.

Football fans are so fickle. Really sad. in the Bosnia Game Argentina fans booed Messi after he hit a free kick off target, the next minute he scored and they started singing songs in his name. Pathetic pathetic show of support.

More good news for Man Utd as crappy left back Alex Buttner appears to be off to Dinamo Moscow,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...quit-manchester-united-and-join-dinamo-moscow

"Van Gaal never gave me a chance in the Dutch national team despite being man of the match 14 times at Man Utd"

What planet is he on? :cuckoo:

In reality Van Gaal never gave him a chance because he wasn't very good and he was never man of the match in any game for the United first team.

With Buttner departing it would lend some legitimacy to the rumors about a bid for Luke Shaw as a potential successor to Evra but I'd like to see them go for Daley Blind instead.

United have signed Ander Herrera from Bilbao for around £28 million and Luke Shaw from Southampton for a fee that's said to be in excess of £30 million.

Herrera is a 24 year old midfielder who was part of the Bilbao team that knocked United out of the Champions League a few seasons back and he's played alongside De Gea and Mata for the Spanish Olympic side.

Shaw's fee is utterly bonkers for an 18 year old but if it pays off that's Evra's long term replacement sorted.

After the shambles last summer this is a more more positive start to the transfer window, 2 players signed and one sold ( Buttner ) before the new manager has even started.

Shaw's a great young signing but that transfer fee is ridiculous. Based on the current fees being paid Suarez is easily worth £100 million even with his ban.

Other players being linked with United in the papers are Arturo Vidal, Alexis Sanchez and anyone who sounds vaguely Dutch :lol

United's track record with South American players is poor but the only crap Dutchman they've had is Buttner who's just been sold to Dinamo Moscow so I think I'd sooner see more of LVG's countrymen arrive.

:goodpost:

One bite can perhaps be forgiven as a moment of madness.

But he's done it twice since, the chances are it'll happen again.

They reckon there has been many more unreported when he played in Uruguay .
He is filth. If Liverpool can get a fraction of whats been touted, they should out him and buy someone decent.

They reckon there has been many more unreported when he played in Uruguay .
He is filth. If Liverpool can get a fraction of whats been touted, they should out him and buy someone decent.

I'll be accused of bias because I'm a Man Utd fan but I'd feel the same way if it had been a United player.

Biting someone is something I'd expect to hear about in an account of a prison brawl or something, and not something that should be seen on a football pitch.

Back