English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barcelona are just as sleazy as Real Madrid when it comes to tapping players up.

Also,

Where did that transfer ban disappear to?

I guess a few envelopes full of cash reached the right pockets.
Its been suspended why they appeal lol. Most likely will be Jan so they will spend big .

As soon as Suarez sign's for Barca his ban will be reduced or gone all together. Real & Barca are two of the biggest corrupt teams in the sport. $$$$$$$

Its been suspended why they appeal lol. Most likely will be Jan so they will spend big .

Typical. If a smaller team had breached the rules they'd probably have been fined out of existence or relegated several divisions.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are dodgier than the 'Arry Redknapp School of Financial Management :lol

Typical. If a smaller team had breached the rules they'd probably have been fined out of existence or relegated several divisions.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are dodgier than the 'Arry Redknapp School of Financial Management :lol

I read the other day that city are reducing players wages significantly but are adding huge bonuses to bring they're money up to get around the financial fair play regs.
The problem is these huge wealthy clubs higher the best lawyers that are always one step ahead and exposing loop holes.

Haha Arry isnt corrupt :) his dog Rosie finalises all his deals .

I read the other day that city are reducing players wages significantly but are adding huge bonuses to bring they're money up to get around the financial fair play regs.
The problem is these huge wealthy clubs higher the best lawyers that are always one step ahead and exposing loop holes.

Haha Arry isnt corrupt :) his dog Rosie finalises all his deals .

Yeah, money always talks, the bonuses often get donated by major sponsors as they can make their money back from shirt sales and things.

The "Rosie the Dog" defence was awesome, Brazil could have done with a few dogs in their team tonight....they had far too many donkeys.

EDIT
According to Sky's website Juventus have made an approach for Evra.

If true this could help get Arturo Vidal as Evra could be offered as part of the deal along with Nani who Juve have previously expressed intrest in.

Losing Evra and Nani for Vidal sounds like great business to me! Vidal is a beast.

Fingers crossed for Sanchez to Arsenal now :pray: They are confirming it everywhere but I need to see those pics to truly celebrate

Barca are ready. Already selling shirts with his name on

e3aqujyh.jpg

Despite what you guys think about Suarez I find what they're doing highly disrespectful considering he's not even signed for them yet. They're becoming more and more like Real each year.

That has nothing to do with FC Barcelona. It's just a customized shirt by a chain store called FutbolMania.

Losing Evra and Nani for Vidal sounds like great business to me! Vidal is a beast.

So far it looks like Evra is going to Juventus, but no word yet on Nani following him and Vidal going the other way.

Wesley Sneijder is again being linked with United but he looked well past it in the World Cup so I hope that one turns out to be BS.

Barca are ready. Already selling shirts with his name on

e3aqujyh.jpg

Despite what you guys think about Suarez I find what they're doing highly disrespectful considering he's not even signed for them yet. They're becoming more and more like Real each year.

I see that yesterday. Dont think it matters what people think of Suarez, its totally disrespectful towards Liverpool FC
That has NOTHING to do with Barcelona. Its a Store called FutbolMania selling Customised shirts. Get your facts right before slinging mud. You come across as too sore that way.

Barcelona are just as sleazy as Real Madrid when it comes to tapping players up.

Also,

Where did that transfer ban disappear to?

I guess a few envelopes full of cash reached the right pockets.

So Man United truly is a smaller team right? Due you know the reason for the so called transfer ban? And do you know why it was lifted? You dont. And Im sure you arent interested as long as you can slag off.

Keep it up. Cause thats what football culture is about isnt it? Beer, cheer and badmouth.

Whoa maybe you should get your facts right. I merely said it was disrespectful towards Liverpool fc. I know full well that wouldn't have been the official store. Very much like shirt selling stores selling the Bale shirt weeks in advance last season.

And stop with your stereotypical jibes towards english football supporters. Its sad and quite pathetic and doesnt belong here.

There's a kind of honesty about Real, they don't try to portray the club as being a shining beacon of everything that's good in the game. They are what they are and don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I can respect that.

By comparison Barcelona would have us all think their **** is made of gold.

Anyway, enough about them, I've got a new Premier League season to be optimistic about :lol

Galatasaray have said Wesley Sneijder's release clause is £16 million. Which would have been a snip a few years ago but I'm not sure it'd be the ideal move now he's 30 and past his best.

That said he's still better than Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Fellaini and Cleverley and has a lot of experience so he could help get United back into the top 4.

It's looking increasingly like Evra is off to Juventus. A great player over the years but he stopped defending about 3 years ago so now they've got Luke Shaw he should be given a chance.

It does raise a question of who'll be brought in as cover for Shaw as they probably won't play him in every game to avoid him getting burnt out.

Thomas Vermaelen seems to be one candidate which probably wouldn't endear him to Arsenal fans but I think Daley Blind would be a better, younger option.

I've just seen a Qatar Airways/FC Barcelona advert on the TV. They sold out big time (for a club that always prided themselves on not having a sponsor and donating money to charity).

They always prided themselves on that (and rightfully so, since I think they were the last major club to have one) until that came to an end so they could keep up with the times - it was voted by its members, too. It's old news now, I don't see the point of that jibe.

And they still do charity work. Like, a lot. So I don't know what that has to do with having a sponsor, either.

Yeah the UNICEF is STILL there... in the modern era of big sponsorship deals finally only in 2011 the club took a shirt sponsorship... WITHOUT cancelling its deal to put UNICEF charity first.

2011... they held out from having shirt sponsors since 1899... name a EPL club that can even claim that.

You need to stop being sore... and ofcourse Id say what I did because thats why you are crying out about ethics. Barcelona are not in control of what random stores want to sell printed. You can print your own name or whatever in these stores. Wake up to the fact that EPL is not considered the ultimate achievement for any foreign player. They still believe playing in one of the big 2 of Spain is a prestige of its own.

When Michael Owen can leave a Liverpool of that order to so called marquee players like Cristiano, you know who is the top of the food chain when players think about their resume. Sure there may be some old school players like Gerrard, Scholes, but such legends are there in many clubs. No club is responsible for 'tapping out other players' no one forces anyone to a contract.

If the player is 'perfectly happy' as they so call state in the press... why would they move? Ask yourself that before you go into ethics shown. Every club taps in the talent with lucrative offers for talented players in 'lesser' clubs per se.

Talking about transfer ethics English clubs should then keep their paws of the talent in these academies which they regularly snap up with lucrative offers, which cant be given to these kids because Spanish employment age restrictions doesnt permit it. The no. of Barca cantera products who are in Arsenal youth and ManCity youth is ridiculous.

And personally like I have said before I dont think Luis Suarez was needed, but ever since Fabregas sent in a transfer request to go back to London with Arsenal refusing to buy him back at a cut price and having to sell him at Chelsea Barca have decided to play Messi withdrawn and hence Suraez higher up. I dont know how that will work out, and Im not sure about if it will work.

Last edited:
Viera and Keane were more destroyers in the mould of Effenberg than creative types like Scholes and Gerrard. Now days the few old school destroyer defensive midfielders are Mascherano who showed glimpses of that role for Argentina considering he has been playing as a centre back for 4 seasons now.

Back