English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

That goal was a joke. It put a bad end to what was a tight game.... And Nani saying he's one of the best in the world?? He should focus on being one of the best in his squad first.

I love all this waffle coming from Spurs and Redknaff. Yeah it was a bad goal to give away but the way they're acting you'd think it was a match turning decision. Trust me, Utd were dominant apart from a few long range pings, Van Der Sar was having to do exercises to keep warm throughout the game. This just put gloss on the result, the game was all but over before that.
As for Nani? On his day he's world class. The Spurs defence bricked it whenever he had it at his feet. He just needs to iron out some flaws like not falling over whenever the wind gets a bit gusty...
Well impressed with Park too. Really upped his game on Saturday and must have covered every blade of grass.
Redknapp get over yourself, Spurs ain't as good as you think :) Hope they pip City again though...

Didn't look all that one sided to me. United scored on an indirect free kick that never should have been given in the first place. Kaboul clearly made the tackle, any contact came after he touched the ball. Still, bad marking on Vidic, and that is on Spurs.

Mark Clattenburg is a ******, plain a simple, and the second goal is evidence of it. That entire situation was due to his arrogance. If he's communicating effectively with the players on the pitch there's never a mix up in the first place.

Spurs, 3-1 winners at the Lane v. Inter! :rock

Nice way for Spurs to bounce back!

United strolled to a 3-0 win against Bursaspor but after a great start to the season it seems Berbatov is sinking fast, the goals have dried up since the hat trick against Liverpool and he was playing like he was half asleep tonight.

He's got all the talent but the consistency isn't there and along with Owen I reckon he should be sold in January.

Hernandez & Bebe are younger, quicker and hungrier and deserve their chance........the other 2 are dead wood that need to be cut loose.

Torres is back :rock

If he wants out in January or at the end of the season he's got to show he's still got it otherwise nobody will be intrested.

It's not been a bad weekend for Man Utd, Park rescued the 3 points against Wolves and all but one of their rivals lost although I don't think City can really be considered a serious rival.....even if they win the derby games.

The squad is much weaker than previous years but they still have that ability to grind out results when not playing well and if a couple of quality signings are made in January the record 19th League title could be on.

They should offer £30 million for Bale and let 'em have Berbaflop and Carrick back as part of the same deal.

Last edited:

:lol That would be far from enough.... Manu still owe Spurs quite a bit for Berba as is.

They could offer Ferdinand, Hargreaves and Owen as well..........they've nothing to offer as players any more but should keep the physios busy :lol

Last night's Manchester derby was bloody awful although it did show that City still have a LONG way to go before they can be considered a genuine rival to their neighbours, Chelsea or Arsenal.

The current United squad is the worst since SAF's first few years in charge and City should have taken the opportunity to make a statement by beating them comfortably but apart from Tevez they seemed scared to go on the attack and United controlled things throughout although most of the set plays they won were wasted by Nani's color blindness.

City might be splashing the cash but their team building philosophy still lacks creativity... how much have they spent up front? Adebeyor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Balotelli, Jo, Robinho... it's almost a joke.

I'm really digging the new Nani action figure.

Michael_Jackson_Hot_Toys_Thriller_Monster_Figure.jpg

Great likeness.... Yuli does an amazing job!

images%5Cplayers%5Cnani.jpg

I'm really digging the new Nani action figure.

Michael_Jackson_Hot_Toys_Thriller_Monster_Figure.jpg

Great likeness.... Yuli does an amazing job!

images%5Cplayers%5Cnani.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Despite his current status I think Michael Jackson is still a better crosser of the ball than Nani.

It's 0-0 at half time against Villa but only because Berbaflop missed a sitter..........hopefully SAF will see the light and ditch the useless git in January.

EDIT

Final score was 2-2

Another draw away from home and one they didn't really deserve as they were poor until going 2 down but as ever they kept going to the end and Macheda & Vidic rescued a point.

Were I the United manager I would tear up Berbaflop's contract and tell him to leave now.

Since the hat-trick against Liverpool he has been even less use than the permanently injured Owen Hargreaves & Michael Owen and doesn't look like he gives a crap.

If the fat Scouser regains his form when he returns I'd play him behind a front line of Hernandez & Macheda and drop one of the stiffs from midfield...........only Fletcher & Park have been worthy of their place in recent weeks.

Last edited:

Hernandez and macheda should be a permanent fixture upfront, berbaflop just doesn't produce the goods on a regular basis. Think the performance today just shows that they aren't title winning contenders this season.

Hernandez and macheda should be a permanent fixture upfront, berbaflop just doesn't produce the goods on a regular basis. Think the performance today just shows that they aren't title winning contenders this season.

In terms of titles I don't think anything is decided yet but the draws are gonna have to start being turned into wins and soon.

2 decent creative midfielders are needed in January because outside of Scholes & Giggs the rest aren't reliable enough.

Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland :lol

Arsenal are now 2 points off the top following their win at Everton and despite the mediocrity of the current squad United are only 3 points behind Chelsea and unbeaten.

As things stand now it could be one of the most open title races in years.

Sunderland's 1st goal is contender for goal of the season IMO

Sunderland's 1st goal is contender for goal of the season IMO

Yeah, it was pretty good. I was also pleased with the performance of Danny Welbeck......if he continues like that he could well find himself back in the Man Utd squad for good.

Can't wait for Arsenal Sp*rs Sat morning!! ESPN2 HD no less. :clap:clap

50 years and just a cuppla cups, 50 years and you ain't won very much, 50 years living in the shadow of The Arsenal!! Tottenumb who the eff are Tottenumb!!

:lol:lol

poor poor spuds :)

Can't wait for Arsenal Sp*rs Sat morning!! ESPN2 HD no less. :clap:clap

50 years and just a cuppla cups, 50 years and you ain't won very much, 50 years living in the shadow of The Arsenal!! Tottenumb who the eff are Tottenumb!!

:lol:lol

poor poor spuds :)

All the Arsenal gather 'round
Around the Arsenal football ground
And all the Arsenal they would die
To keep the red flag flying high

But all you Arsenal bovver-boys
We know you only make a noise
And now the time has come to pass
To stick the red flag up your arse!

We're gonna do ya this weekend.

There’s only one Arsene Wenger
only one Arsene Wenger
With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile
Wenger is a ____ing paedophile

ESPN HD eh? Much better than Fox Sports non HD broadcast....It's on a 5am here on the west coast, and my sister in law is getting married the night before.... I might as well just stay up all night. :lol

Back