English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Also have you noticed how defoe always seems to be injured when we play arsenal??
He is back in full training and i think Harry will give him a run out saturday.

Doesn't seem to be any love for Liverpool here... I am a little surprised that there hasn't been more of an attempt by teams to grab their players. I guess they'd just want too much for Torres (Injuries) and Gerrard (getting a bit old for the money they'd want), but why a team looking for a GK wouldn't want Reina is beyond me. I hate the bin dippers... They can go the way of Leeds for all I care.

It would be nice to see Defoe used as a sub at least... I have to admit, a draw at the Emirates would be a decent result. I'm just hoping we play a good game, take advantage of our opportunities and close on the ball in our own third. We do that and maybe we can steal all 3 points. Dislike Arsenal though I may they still play wonderful football. That's what makes the NLD so cool, good football.

Doesn't seem to be any love for Liverpool here... I am a little surprised that there hasn't been more of an attempt by teams to grab their players. I guess they'd just want too much for Torres (Injuries) and Gerrard (getting a bit old for the money they'd want), but why a team looking for a GK wouldn't want Reina is beyond me. I hate the bin dippers... They can go the way of Leeds for all I care.

It would be nice to see Defoe used as a sub at least... I have to admit, a draw at the Emirates would be a decent result. I'm just hoping we play a good game, take advantage of our opportunities and close on the ball in our own third. We do that and maybe we can steal all 3 points. Dislike Arsenal though I may they still play wonderful football. That's what makes the NLD so cool, good football.

I think there's no intrest in Gerrard because the other top clubs in Europe like players who can pass the ball accurately on a consistent basis.

This weeks England match was a perfect example of all he has to offer.............absolutely nothing. It's no coincidence that the team improved when he went off injured.

In his prime he was a poor man's Beckham and he only stands out now because the rest of the current Liverpool squad is so bad.

Torres is typical of players from that part of the globe..........great when things are going well but disappears if he decides to have a sulk about something.

Even if the clubs did business with each other the only player I'd want United to sign is Reina.

Last edited:

I actually disagree with the gerrard comment. I think he has carried liverpool for so so long and is one of the most complete footballers around. He may have been poor for england the other night but england were poor. when rafa played him out of position on the right wing for a season, he scored 20 odd goals and was in the top 3 scorers in the prem. Theres not many players u could stick right wing, left wing, centre mid... and not only can he play there, he would get u a 7 to 8 out of 10 every week.
Liverpools problem is that the players they have sold have been poorly replaced. sissoko, riise, alonso, benayoun.... whos come in?
They have 3 world class players in reina, gerrard and torres but wheres the very good players?
I actually think liverpool should have took the money for torres. HE gets to mant injuries and never seems to be fully fit.
With that money, ud probably bank 60m and buy 4 to 5 very good players which is what they are crying out for.

He may have been poor for england the other night but england were poor.

The thing is it wasn't just against France he was poor........he's been like that for 95% of his international career and the only time he's shone is against far lesser teams.

Speaking of useless Scousers it seems Shrek is back albeit on the bench as SAF has gone for a starting front line of Macheda & Obertan.

So far they've done little but Evra has just scored the opener so Utd are at least winning.

fair point that gerrard is a different player in an england shirt.
GHreat result for spurs today. 2 down and looked like it could be a landslide and harry changes it and we come back to win.
Come on you spurs!

Man Utd 2-0 Wigan Athletic

Should have been more considering Wigan were down to 9 men for the latter stages but a win is a win, the unbeaten run continues and Chelski's loss to Birmingham means Utd are now level on points having played the same number of games.............not bad for the weakest squad in years.

Forget Shrek & Berbaflop, the new main man in the Old Trafford attack is clearly Javier Hernandez who came on, scored a diving header and could easily have got a couple more......he should be starting every game by next season.

Hernandez looks quality. Should be starting every game this season imo. Liked him in the world cup and he will become a great player.
Glad chelski lost again. I know the man u fans wont agree with me but id love to see man c win the title just so they get to know what it feels like for a club to go and buy the prem.

Chelsea are getting bad karma for treating wilkins like crap :hi5:.

Hernandez looks quality. Should be starting every game this season imo. Liked him in the world cup and he will become a great player.
Glad chelski lost again. I know the man u fans wont agree with me but id love to see man c win the title just so they get to know what it feels like for a club to go and buy the prem.

City won't get anywhere near the league title until they have a balanced squad that can play together....there's already been several signs of individual egos getting in the way of that and it's clear most of their "names" aren't in it for the cause.

Rangers v man u tonight :yess: hope its not as stale as last time.

Rangers v man u tonight :yess: hope its not as stale as last time.

Depends on the Utd lineup. Rangers will inevitably be up for it but with Utd only needing a point it's possible they'll hang on for a draw.

EDIT

Final score Rangers 0-1 Man Utd

Shrek scored a late penalty in a game they didn't really deserve to win. Berbaflop was awful, Nani wasn't far behind and Carrick was pretty bad as well.

If they face a decent club in the next round they will be destroyed because they have such a limp attack & midfield.

Last edited:
On vacation in Yosemite at the moment, though I did see Saturdays Spurs Arsenal game. Wonderful stuff. And to then lock up qualification to the CL knock out stages a few days later is just icing on the cake. I'm a happy Yid.

On vacation in Yosemite at the moment, though I did see Saturdays Spurs Arsenal game. Wonderful stuff. And to then lock up qualification to the CL knock out stages a few days later is just icing on the cake. I'm a happy Yid.

And rightly so!

I suppose I should be happy that Utd are where they are considering the squad situation but the quality of football is horrible to watch compared with so many previous SAF teams.

Manchester United 7 - Blackburn Rovers 1
Berbatov scored 5 goals and is the 4th or 5th player in the EPL to score 5 in 1 match.

If they face a decent club in the next round they will be destroyed because they have such a limp attack & midfield.

Really?! Fergie always makes the critics eat their words time and again :lol There's this belief in the press that we've been lucky this season and historically throughout the trophy years, which is a load of BS. You make your own luck, and if you do it time and again, playing crap and getting results, that's a mark of champions. The Scousers used to do it in their heyday, Arsenal did too. I suppose the acid test is that 6 day period in December, we play Arsenal and Chelski back to back...
We're undefeated all season, top of the league and through to the next round of the CL. Gotta be doing something right.

Last edited:

Id have to agree and there is no better team than man u in doing it. They have not really got going and they are still undefeated. Thing is with berba, he prob wont score again for another 4 weeks or so.
I think chelsea may have problems. Abramovich not spending any money, wilkings sacked, arenson doing at the end of the season. Key figures being replaced with nobodys. Be interesting to see what happens in 2/3 years time when thay have to replace there aging spine in terry, lampard and drogba.
Got a feeling the russian may have finished playing with his toy.
Big game for spurs today. should be to strong for a declining liverpool with no gerrard but need to win to stay with the teams above.
Come on you spurs.

Great win for Man U, and good for Berbatov to get on the score sheet, but knowing his inconsistency, he probably won't score for another 2-3 months.

Back