English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

I've avoided this thread since Rooney-gate. Great that Fergie stepped in and convinced the ugly ungrateful git to sign a new contract. Onward and upward now...Feels like we've signed a new player. City fans will be burning their newly printed Rooney shirts now HA! :)

BTW I've heard Rooney and David Dickinson have teamed up for a new t.v show where they travel around Manchester at night looking for cheap prostitutes. Bargain C*nt starts at 7pm on Sunday!

Spuds aren't used to the big league:dunno

No one likes your club. :pfft:

You're right though, there is a curve. Still, how the Octopus went from world class to horses ass baffles me. And let's be honest, Spurs are hurting at center back, Gallas and Bassong both looked less than the required standard. Dawson's injury and King's chronic issues are holding us back.

I've avoided this thread since Rooney-gate. Great that Fergie stepped in and convinced the ugly ungrateful git to sign a new contract. Onward and upward now...Feels like we've signed a new player. City fans will be burning their newly printed Rooney shirts now HA! :)

BTW I've heard Rooney and David Dickinson have teamed up for a new t.v show where they travel around Manchester at night looking for cheap prostitutes. Bargain C*nt starts at 7pm on Sunday!

:lol:lol:rotfl

Looks like it was all a money grab in the end....

I've heard Rooney and David Dickinson have teamed up for a new t.v show where they travel around Manchester at night looking for cheap prostitutes. Bargain C*nt starts at 7pm on Sunday!

They'd make an intresting contrast on camera....one is pasty looking and the other is orange :lol

I think the real result of the saga may not be apparent until January's transfer window.

Maybe SAF & the chief executive David Gill turned the screws on the Glazers to get them to release some cash, not only to placate Rooney & his agent, but also to make some other new signings.

Money. That was all it was. I hope rooney gets roasted by the fans next game.

Money. That was all it was. I hope rooney gets roasted by the fans next game.

Don't say that. Rooney would probably think you meant spit roast...

Yeah lets see a big money signing...i still hold out hope Karim Benzima ENDS UP @ O.T...

Could probably use some help in other areas though... Midfield etc.

No we're fine! Scholes n' Giggs are in their prime, Carrick makes defence splitting square balls and back passes, Anderson runs around with his head down, Nani is a regular victim of a Nazi sniper hidden in the crowd, O'Shea is...well O'Shea and Park is the only player I know who's worse with the ball at his feet than without...:slap

...You may be right :thud:

And to think he was touted as Paul Schole's successor. I wouldn't choose him to be Paul Daniels successor LOL
I've got to say, If anyone could convert to midfield playmaker, I'd choose Rooney. He generally plays deep anyway. I think he'd be effective due to his skill and workrate...Maybe have Machida and Berba upfront...

How disapointing has Anderson been for you guys? Horrible.

As a certain Top Gear presenter would probably say Anderson is the wost Brazilian footballer.......................in the world.

Reports are now coming in that along with Rooney's contract making him something insane like £250 grand a week SAF managed to convince the Glazers to make £60 million available for new signings between the end of this season and the beginning of next.

Which for me suggests the whole thing was concocted by SAF to get some funds for rebuilding the squad....he only had to promise Rooney an improved deal to get him to play along.

His mind games don't always work but when they do it's usually in spectacular fashion eg Kevin Keegan's meltdown in '96 or the various rants he managed to provoke from Benitez so United's rivals may well have cause for concern.

The other thing about getting the Scouse git to sign a new contract is that if he genuinely starts having a hissy fit they can now sell him for whatever they like as the ruling about him being able to buy out his contract for £5 million won't apply because of his age.

The issue now is will Rooney get his form back and if the cash is made available how it gets invested...........hiring a hitman to track down that sniper who keeps going after Nani would be a good start :lol

There's a saying: "Form is temporary, class is permanent." Rooney is defo going through an extended slump however from doom and gloom, it feels like we've signed a new player. As such the gloom is lifting now and I think we can kick on for the rest of the season.
It's an interesting conspiracy theory the papers concocted about Fergie engineering the whole thing to ultimately get transfer funds. If it is true, its genius. I was never convinced about this whole scenario but whatever the case, Fergie has been 'the man' throughout this saga and proved his class.

It's one of those things where the truth probably won't emerge until Fergie either retires or passes away and Rooney himself has retired.

Most media theories tend to be garbage but that one has a lot more grounding in reality as Fergie has a history of manipulating situations to the club's advantage ( cue the jokes about getting refs to add extra time on at the end of games :lol )

The most famous example would be his being present during a telephone conversation between the chairmen of Leeds and Manchester United in 1992. He wrote the following words on a piece of paper and passed it to his boss,

"Ask if Cantona is available"

He was :)

This latest scheme ( if that's what it is ) could be his greatest yet as it appears to have achieved the following,

Got the owners to release funds for rebuilding the squad.

Got his top player to commit his future to the club.

Diverted most of the flak Rooney was getting in the media about his private life towards football matters.

Fergie didn't get where he is by being a fool so whilst some of his recent transfer dealings have been questionable I don't think he's lost it and that hunger to get the magic 19th League title will keep him fighting on.

Stoke City 1-2 Manchester United

United finally get an away league win but only just. When Stoke equalised late on I thought "here we go again" but they responded much better this time and Javier Hernandez capped a fine performance with his 2nd goal.

I also thought Evra had a good game in midfield and although his goals have dried up Berbatov is still contributing quite a lot as well.

Neville can _____k off though, he is a liability.

The speculation over new signings is gathering momentum and it's also been revealed that the following bids were made over the summer but were turned down,

£22 million for Gareth Bale
£30 million for Franck Ribery

This explains why Fergie appeared to be puzzled over a percieved lack of ambition during the Rooney saga.

Possible bad news for Spurs fans is that it seems a fresh bid for Bale will happen in January with Park Ji-Sung and Michael Carrick being offered as part of the deal...........I'd actually feel a bit sorry for Spurs if they got lumbered with those two.

There's also some speculation that Rooney has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if certain criteria aren't met but I wonder where the papers come up with this crap because all that type of info would be confidential.

Having said that it's worth pointing out that Ronaldo appeared to have signed a new contract a year before he went and then it came out later that the deal with Madrid was agreed several months prior to his departure so the possibility of a similar scenario happening cannot be ruled out especially if you look at the comments from Real boss Jose Mourinho who was convinced Rooney would stay where he is from day one. Maybe he knows more than he's letting on.

ARSENAL 1-0!!! Nasri with the 20th minute goal!!! :yess:

Penalty to the Arsenal....saved. :(

Alex Song!!!! 2-0 Arsenal!!!!

3-0 to the ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Great win for Arsenal and it's good to see City being put in their place although they are still level on points with United & Arsenal.

5 points is easily retrieveable at this stage of the season so I think things are far from settled yet.

No doubt Liverpool fans will be telling everyone they're "back" now they've finally won a game.........the league table suggests otherwise :lol

Stoke-v-Manchester-United-Sir-Alex-Ferguson_2518835.jpg

2-0 is a good result for United although it should only really have been 1.

I've just come back from the game. Loved every minute apart from the anti Glazer rally me and my mate got swept away in! They closed the Mega Store down and shuttered it up as some mindless scrotes attacked it. Damn! Those Glazer's are hated...although wishing them all dead was a bit extreme...

Back