English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well stranger things have happened but even as unpredictable as this season has been I think this weekend sorted most of it out:

Man City will win the league
Arsenal will finish top 4 again
3 teams going down are Cardiff, Fulham and baring a miracle Norwich.

Oh and Spurs finish below Arsenal for the 19th season in a row, but that was entirely predictable. :lol

Nah I'm not saying Liverpool won't win the league. There are two matches left for City and anything could happen.

But after the PoolvCity match, there were lots of people who seemed 100% confident of Liverpool winning the league because they thought L'pool would at least get a draw against Chelsea (they were actually confident of a thrashing). They didn't think of a loss against Chavs and title race'd be back in City's hands. Oh well.. Maybe L'pool can try scoring 9 tomorrow then they can top the table on GS. :D

title decider: liverpool vs palace

who wouldve thought that at the start of the season?

Rodgers' team talk is pretty simple tonight. Secure the three points and score as many goals as possible. Only goals will win us the league now. We have to go out there and give it everything.

Even 9-0 tonight will only bring them level on GD and Man City got two games to score loads more goals in. I think its all over, unless West Ham can implement Big Sam's 19th centaury football tactics at City. That's the only way I can see Liverpool winning the league :exactly:

Liverpool collapse in the last 10 mins against Palace. That's it I'm afraid. City will be league Champs unless a small miracle happens :(

For all the hate Suarez gets the passion that guy shows. He completely broke down after Pool threw away that win.

It's still not over yet though, City can bottle games so you never know. Villa have already beaten Arsenal & Chelsea this season, you never know

For all the hate Suarez gets the passion that guy shows. He completely broke down after Pool threw away that win.

It's still not over yet though, City can bottle games so you never know. Villa have already beaten Arsenal & Chelsea this season, you never know

Its over. City have they're big players fit and have the momentum and know how to see them through. Credit to Palace and Tony Pulis . He has done the impossible and with all the disruptions between him and Parish, Parish had better hope he doesn't get a better offer and go else where.
Deserves manager of the season imo.

No team fighting for the tittle should collapse like Liverpool just done, 3-0 with 10 minutes left and then :horror. Its a shame because they have played some great stuff this season but in the end I think a lack of fighting for a league tittle in recent years and that lack of experience has told.

I think if Rogers get some decent defenders and a couple of creative midfielders in the summer then they will be a force to reckon with.

Btw Palace fans are amongst the best in the country. Sounded like 50,000 there tonight.

No team fighting for the tittle should collapse like Liverpool just done, 3-0 with 10 minutes left and then :horror. Its a shame because they have played some great stuff this season but in the end I think a lack of fighting for a league tittle in recent years and that lack of experience has told.

I think if Rogers get some decent defenders and a couple of creative midfielders in the summer then they will be a force to reckon with.

Btw Palace fans are amongst the best in the country. Sounded like 50,000 there tonight.

Yeah Palace have great supporters. They can make some noise alright

Epic collapse by pool! Damn shame, not having a dog in the title fight I was pulling for them.

they were just playing wit no fear, throwing caution the wind, knowing Liverpool were going for more goals, they knew they could take a chance going forward,nothing to lose..still hoping for a miracle, Liverpool wins nothing easily, but the draw was heart wrenching

Not felt like that after a match in a long time. No sleep that night. They should have just taken the points and forgot about GD. Put the pressure back on City and see what happens. It's all over now and i'm gutted. Still been an amazing season, but when you're so close it hurts like hell. :(

Yeah it hurts alot, especially coming so close. We need to learn from our defensive mistakes from this year and really spend the money wisely on good defenders in the summer.

That's the thing they need to sort first. I'm sure they will and we go again. :hi5:

Second in the league to the team with the highest wage bill in world sport isn't a bad achievement. We have the Champions League to look forward to along with finally being back in the game to sign top quality players again.

Back